Oregon
✟958,361.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
If I were to speak to a non-believer, or someone that is unsure about God, this is what I would have to say,

My first question would be, "Do you know God or want to get to know God/Jesus?" If they say "yes" or exhibit curiousity, I would then ask them, "Are you a sinner?"

If they say "Yes" (and if they say no, i will follow up later) but if they say "yes" then I would then say to them, "Well, then, are you aware that our sins harm and hurt others, ourselves, and damage the world in which we live? And that it says in the Bible that all sinners are deserving of nothing but death, or worse, "Hell" in God's eyes? And, how do you expect to stand before a Holy God, who does not sin, and how do you expect to be admitted into a Holy place (Heaven) full of Holy people that do not sin, without Jesus Christ?

So, your a "sinner" in need of a savior, then... Someone who can pay the tab of your sin debt, forgive you of those sins, "reconcile" you to a Holy God and get you, although being a sinner, admitted into a Holy place (Heaven), right?

All you need to know is that Jesus Christ is the ONE AND ONLY WAY to the Father, the ONLY ONE who can reconcile sinners to a Holy God (the Father) All you need to do to not have your sins counted against you is "pray" to God, the Father, in Jesus Christ's Holy name... All you need to do is pray to God, through Jesus, and to Jesus and confess him as your Lord and savior before God and men. And, in prayer, confess, appollogize, and (try to) "repent" of your sins and ask for forgiveness, in Jesus name...

And, every time you do this your sins are INSTANTLY forgiven, paid for, and even forgotten... Oh, and it helps to study and stay in his word and praise and worship also, to keep you out of sins that are making you and everyone else, miserable... Now some people do this daily, as we sin daily, that is, pray, confess and appollogize and (try to) repent... The reason I say "try to" is because repentance includes swearing to turn away from that sin and not do it anymore...

For some, this can happen overnight, but for others, it is a gradual process. If it is a gradual process for you, keep on praying about it/over it, ask for "help" and he will help you with it. Also, reading and studying God's word and spending some time in praise and worship, being occupied in it, with getting to know Jesus and praying, confessing, appollogizing and receiving instant forgiveness, through him (Jesus Christ) to the Father (Holy God) will help you in doing away with sin...

Remember, that if you pray and confess and appollogize and (try to) repent that you receive "instantaneous" forgiveness through Christ, and that God, even "forgets" all about it, and remember that, SO SHOULD YOU, "forget" all about it, "relieve" yourself of that burden of remembering yesterday's confessed, forgiven, and forgotten, sins. If you confess and appollogize, then forget all about it. It's in the past, "leave" it there, relieve yourself of that burden once you have prayed about the past. Only worry about praying about confessing appollogizing and repenting of today's sins and once you have prayed, confessed, appollogized and asked for help in repenting of that sin, once you have done this for today's (present) sins, then fully accept the free gift of forgiveness by forgetting about those/that too...

Now, if you have committed a sin against someone else, maybe angry, harsh words or maybe you want to "let go" of your hatred or anger for someone else, and you feel that you can lessen the damage, or right the wrong, by trying to make peace with your brother or sister, then by all means do "try" to do it, but remember that forgiveness of sins does not always erase the consequences of some sins, but some sins you can do something about, especially if you've wronged another... If so, try to do your best to make peace, but it may not always work and after giving your best effort and it doesn't work, then just forgive and forget. Jesus forgives and forgets your sins, so, also to, you should learn to forgive and forget it yourself too...

Unless, you feel you need to remember it, in order to not do it again. Remember how miserable the sin made you and others and how you feel that you need that reminder, to keep you from doing it again... But, if remembering it is only going to "keep it fresh", and alive, in your mind and it is a temptation and a stumbling block for you to remember it, then its best to forget it, and move on to what the next, new day holds...

Comments?

God Bless!

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,361.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
If they say "No" I don't believe I am a sinner", then I would say to them "Your not a sinner (in need of a savior/mediator) between you and a sinless, righteous, holy and just God?"

"So, I suppose you are a sinless, holy, righteous, and just person then?" "Jesus said that anyone that harbors hatred or get's angry with another person is the same as a murderer, have you ever done that?"

Jesus also said that anyone who longingly look's at a woman (or a man, in a woman's case) and has even a fleeting thought of lust in their heart, is the same as an adulterer, ever done that?

Ever looked at what someone else has and wanted that/it, that is coveted what another has, ever done that? Ever been jealous or envious? We're all sinners in need of a savior to mediate for us and justify us before a sinless, holy, righteous and just God...

The ONLY WAY to the Father without Jesus Christ is if you can make yourself "perfect", that is, a Holy and righteous and sinless, and just person in and of yourself alone, and even if, EVEN IF, you could be "perfect" from this point in your life on, you'd still have your past sins to worry about, you NEED the ONLY ONE who is LIKE GOD, "Perfect" from birth to death, Jesus Christ to do what he died for and that is; to atone for, give access to/for and forgive your sins and reconcile you to the Holy Father, God, for all those who accept him...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Bramwell

Oct 24, 2012
✟8,411.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi Neogaia,

Thanks for sharing your approach with leading others to Christ. I can see it possibly working with individuals already coming from a Judeo-Christian background.

That said, I question the effectiveness of the approach you shared with individuals not coming from such a background. Statements about reconciliation to God may not mean much to an Atheist. You may need to first convince them that there IS a God, and then take things from there.

A similar comment would apply to references to the Bible. Using the authority of the Bible in your arguments may work well for people who are already professing Christians. But for people who don't believe in the Bible, the reference may not be worth much.

What about mentioning such things as the fruits of the Spirit (peace, love, joy), and how you have been able to obtain them through accepting Christ into your life? Those fruits may be something even non-believers can relate to... just one other element you can add to your approach.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,361.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Hi Neogaia,

Thanks for sharing your approach with leading others to Christ. I can see it possibly working with individuals already coming from a Judeo-Christian background.

That said, I question the effectiveness of the approach you shared with individuals not coming from such a background. Statements about reconciliation to God may not mean much to an Atheist. You may need to first convince them that there IS a God, and then take things from there.

A similar comment would apply to references to the Bible. Using the authority of the Bible in your arguments may work well for people who are already professing Christians. But for people who don't believe in the Bible, the reference may not be worth much.

What about mentioning such things as the fruits of the Spirit (peace, love, joy), and how you have been able to obtain them through accepting Christ into your life? Those fruits may be something even non-believers can relate to... just one other element you can add to your approach.

You are right, I should have included scripture references and I should elaborate on some of the gifts of the spirit that come from believing, part of the reason I posted this was to get further ideas on/by which to elaborate. so I thank you for your thoughts it may cause me to add to or modify my approach a little bit, but in this instance I wanted to express the very dire need for Jesus Christ...

I will include more a little bit later on.

God Bless you!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,361.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
And if they should say to you, "why do most Christians seem so miserable?" My guess is that they are being to guilt ridden over sins they are supposed to be forgiven for and supposed to have let-go of and forgotten about, also most of them are Christians on Sunday, but on the other days of the week, they are not "abiding" in Christ, in prayer, worship, praise and his word, they are still abiding in the things of the world and not the things of God (prayer, study, praise, and worship), they are still abiding in the things of the world that are making them miserable, in my opinion...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,361.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
And if they should say to you: "Why should I believe their is a God?" I would say to them, "the Bible is not some "made-up divine or man-made grand conspiracy. The miraculous happenings "did actually happen" OT prophets, priests and leaders, and NT Jesus Christ and his apostles and disciples did perform many miracles that are NOT "made-up", performing many cures, multiplying food, expelling demonic spirits, raising the dead, and Jesus Christ himself being raised from the dead, by God, the Father himself...

And if they should say to you: "Why can't I get to know God through another religion?" Then I would say to them: "there is only one God, and one way to God, not a plethora of God's and goddesses. And in other religions that do believe in a one God, or even a plethora of "gods" were all lead and established by mere philosophers with wise words and "catchy" concepts, but NO miracle performing power, unlike Christianity, and in other religions no "perfect" Holy, righteous, sinless, and just one, who is like God in every way to atone for your sins, and reconcile you and give you access to a Holy, righteous, sinless, and just one and only true and Holy perfect God, the Father...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Norah63

Jun 29, 2011
everlasting hills
✟14,569.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yeah like Rich said, don't scare the fish away.
It is so easy to get caught up in the 'what if' game. If I say that then they say that.
A head trip usually pleases us more than anyone else.
Instead just practice being a Christian, in all our ways acknowledge Jesus Christ.
Then who ever we are around it will not become a chore to try and 'lead' someone.
Where ever Jesus went people followed. That keeps life more simple and joyful. Then
the daily companions who desire the joy we have may ask, which can give opportunity to share our joy with them.
Those who don't thrive on joy will not want to be around, unless they think they can talk you out of your joy. That's the part about not needing to yoke ourselves with unbelievers.
So being in the world and not of it can really be so simple that even a child can understand.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,361.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Yeah like Rich said, don't scare the fish away.
It is so easy to get caught up in the 'what if' game. If I say that then they say that.
A head trip usually pleases us more than anyone else.
Instead just practice being a Christian, in all our ways acknowledge Jesus Christ.
Then who ever we are around it will not become a chore to try and 'lead' someone.
Where ever Jesus went people followed. That keeps life more simple and joyful. Then
the daily companions who desire the joy we have may ask, which can give opportunity to share our joy with them.
Those who don't thrive on joy will not want to be around, unless they think they can talk you out of your joy. That's the part about not needing to yoke ourselves with unbelievers.
So being in the world and not of it can really be so simple that even a child can understand.

I don't wish to present a "watered down" Christian message, their should be a little bit of fear involved in a true christian message, life and the christian ways is not all sunshine and rainbows... It is a very serious matter and should be taken as such...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Norah63

Jun 29, 2011
everlasting hills
✟14,569.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Every time Jesus enters He says fear not. He is 100% good news.
Respect for truth may be more of what I could understand your saying.
Yes it is always our hope that those we share with will respect those truths.
That to me is not our part, the Lord watches over His Word to see that it doesnt return void.
Takes a lot of pressure off.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,361.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Every time Jesus enters He says fear not. He is 100% good news.
Respect for truth may be more of what I could understand your saying.
Yes it is always our hope that those we share with will respect those truths.
That to me is not our part, the Lord watches over His Word to see that it doesnt return void.
Takes a lot of pressure off.

He also says "do not fear those who can kill the body, but after that can do nothing more" and "I will tell you whom you should fear, fear him who after the body has died has authority to send into hell, yes, I say, fear this one (Father God)."

And "Godly fear is the beginning of wisdom"

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,361.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
If they ask you, why do most Christians seem miserable, I would say it's because there living double lives, God on Sundays, the world the other six days of the week, most Christians are not daily in the things of God, But their trying to be on Sundays, but not all, but by the world the rest of the week leaves them "in conflict" and miserable...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,361.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
why would you say this? Don't they have to ACTUALLY repent?

If we were to fully be able to repent of "every" sin, then we would be perfect and righteous in and of ourselves, and no one is perfect and can fully 100% repent of every sin that exists (in us) this why I say "try" to, because I believe daily we should try to repent, and I say try because no one conquers or does away with all (every) sin within them...

We could tell God for example "I repent of lying" But then the next day you catch yourself telling a lie, (maybe to save or protect someones feeling or protect them from dnager, but whatever the reason) you made made a false promise to God, when you said "I repent of lying" perhaps what you should have said is "Oh, God I'm going to "try" my very best not to lying, "try" to repent of all lying."

This is the best we can do with some sins,

God Bless!

Upvote 0

peterandrewj

Wayfarer
Jan 14, 2014
NYC
✟8,135.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
With the Jews the focus of repentance was the sinful deed, but with God I believe it's the wicked way, for he looks on the heart.

If you're baptized into Christ your sins are past, you don't serve it neither live in it, and they have no consequence. The law can't condemn you, Satan can't condemn you, only your heart can condemn you. If you've learned to choose righteousness, your hope is Christ, for which we through the Spirit wait by faith. (Galatians 5:5)

"Blessed are they who hunger and thirst for righteousness sake, for they shall be filled."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums