Bear.Fr00t

Fruit Inspector
May 5, 2010
✟16,022.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Something I've been pondering lately. What is the difference between the Law of Moses and the Law of the Lord? After studying the scriptures it seems the Law of Moses is not divine law but are laws Moses came up with himself. Here are the scriptures I am looking at:

Luke 2:22-23: Contrasts the Law of Moses vs. Law of the Lord
Matt 19:3-10: Jesus disagrees with divorce

Luke Chapter 2 seems to indicate there are laws dictated by the Lord, then there are laws dictated by Moses.

Matt 19 - If the laws concerning divorce came from the Lord then they would stand because God does not change his mind concerning his laws and morality. But it seems Jesus disagrees with the law of Moses which allows divorce. Thoughts?

I'm fairly ignorant of the OT and the laws therein, so I apologize in advance for my ignorance :p

drobbyb

Jan 18, 2011
South Carolina
✟7,676.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Gal 5:14 For the whole law is fulfilled in one word: "You shall love your neighbor as yourself."
Gal 5:15 But if you bite and devour one another, watch out that you are not consumed by one another.
Gal 5:16 But I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh.
Gal 5:17 For the desires of the flesh are against the Spirit, and the desires of the Spirit are against the flesh, for these are opposed to each other, to keep you from doing the things you want to do.
Gal 5:18 But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.

This holds a lot of truth for myself. I know that it isn't directly answering your question, however Paul included a lot of wisdom in his letters. We really shouldn't get too hung up on keeping the whole law, Only God can keep his law, but we should do as we are commanded in the renewed covenant, to love.

I knew I read these particular verses for a reason today!

Upvote 0