Contributor
Jun 28, 2004
UK
✟21,289.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
What's thought to be a pilot whale has been spotted swimming in the Thames in central London..near the Houses of Parliament and the London Eye.

It's thought the whale swam up early this morning and the RNLI and Marine Connection have been out on the river to check the whales condition.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/4631396.stm

cavymom

Jan 25, 2005
✟16,675.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I wonder if his group/pod shunned him because he is sick, they are abserving this whale and say he has tremors/spasms/seems it's health is compromised. Usually healthy animals will instinctively push away sick animals. Could also be possible he is sick from boat polution and too much battered fish 'n' chips.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

meebs

The dev!l loves rock and roll
Aug 17, 2004
Alpha Quadrant
Visit site
✟17,879.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
heron said:
I heard a whale in an inlet once, late at night. I walked outside to listen to it, nearly half an hour. In the morning everyone said I was crazy, that whales don't come close to shore. Thanks for posting this!

You can rest knowing your dignity is intact ;)

Upvote 0

LiberatedChick

Contributor
Jun 28, 2004
UK
✟21,289.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
He's still there. Last night there was a report that he was seen downstream and heading towards the sea. Unfortunately, that's not the case and he's still around the Albert bridge in Chelsea.

Low tide is later today and they think he may get beached....though they now say that would be a good thing as they can then check him over and hopefully use a floating crane and inflatable booms to rescue him.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

InnerPhyre

Nov 13, 2003
✟71,967.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I'm glad they are helping him. It always makes me feel good to see people caring enough about an animal to do something to help. We have turtles all over the place down here and the poor things get confused and walk out into the road and you frequently see people get out of their cars and stop traffic to rescue the them. I picked up one and brought him to the other side of the road once, and wouldn't you know it, as soon as I did he started walking back across the road the other way :doh:

Upvote 0