Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
As we become more intellectual we are become less interested in the major doctrines centered on Jesus Christ and thus we are becoming more accepting of false beliefs which are more humanistic in nature.
Could you list and contrast those two for me (what you're calling "major doctrines centered on Jesus Christ" and the false beliefs)?

In my belief....God's main purpose was this:

" For in him all the fullness of God was pleased to dwell, and through him God was pleased to reconcile to himself all things, whether on earth or in heaven..."~Col 1:19

Upvote 0

mkgal1

His perfect way sets me free. 2 Samuel 22:33
Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Your posts tend to indicate that Muslim worship the same God as we do and that is what I have been addressing.

The first statement in the creed is wrong, so no I do not believe in the creed.
I won't use that verbiage ("worship the same God as we do")--there is One God....One Creator. I already posted--it's our perceptions that go off in multiple directions (just as your beliefs and the orthodox Christian faith do).

Upvote 0

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I agree with you, and yet others have claimed that I am representing the "wiles of the devil" for saying that we all worship the God of Abraham, even though I have followed that statement with an explanation that the Muslims have a misunderstanding of the God of Abraham. They don't accept Jesus as the Son of God. They don't accept the Trinity. Will they achieve salvation? no. But they still do worship the God of Abraham.

They have changed the God of Abraham into what He isn't.

• Agree
Reactions: Paul Yohannan
Upvote 0

Strathos

No one important
Dec 11, 2012
God's Earth
✟263,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Jesus said,
John 14:9
Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father?

If you deny that Jesus is God then you deny that his father is God.
Therefor the folks that deny Jesus are not worshiping the same Deity as those that accept Jesus as the Son of God and part of the trinity

I know that. Like I said, they have heretical ideas, but they claim to worship the same God. Just like the Jews who also deny the divinity of Christ.

Upvote 0

Original Happy Camper

One of GODS Children I am a historicist
Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Episcopal theologians were involved with the "Three Faiths: One God" documentary I recently watched. (I purchased a copy to show others.) They were encouraging the three major faiths (Islam, Judaism and Christianity) to come together with their common beliefs - all three are "Abrahamic faiths." I expect to see more of this sort of thing happening along with the continual dumbing-down of the Church. As we become more intellectual we are become less interested in the major doctrines centered on Jesus Christ and thus we are becoming more accepting of false beliefs which are more humanistic in nature.

Doctrine is what separates religions within the Christian sect and other believers.
There is only one true Doctrine which we must seek.
To put our doctrines aside and come together is not what the Bible teaches. We are to be true to the faith of Jesus Christ.
But that is what is happening in the religious world today.

If the majority of Christians want to put their doctrines aside to come together in unity count me out.
Matt 7
13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:

14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Reactions: redleghunter
Upvote 0

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Your posts tend to indicate that Muslim worship the same God as we do and that is what I have been addressing.

The first statement in the creed is wrong, so no I do not believe in the creed.
"I believe in one God, the Father Almighty, Maker of heaven and earth, and of all things visible and invisible."

The Bible is clear that Jesus was the creator of all things not the Father.
John 1
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 The same was in the beginning with God.
3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.
Col 1
14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:
15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:
16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.
18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence

Let me add these...

JOH 1:10 He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him.

HEB 1:2 but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom He made the universe.

Upvote 0

Strathos

No one important
Dec 11, 2012
God's Earth
✟263,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Like that would be allowed. Not. Gonna. Happen. I really doubt any imam would ever allow a non-Muslim to speak in a mosque.

There are probably a few that would, I have heard of some interfaith presentations in mosques. Although I doubt they would approve of preaching things that directly contradict their religion.

• Agree
Reactions: redleghunter
Upvote 0

SayitStraight

Jan 8, 2017
Auckland
✟8,153.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I see the beast overcoming the saints slowly.. Not angry of what i see anymore, maybe unhappy that such things have to happen, but happy that the Lord is truly near, i just want everyone to see that Islam won't be overcome now, Islam has a purpose and that explains why it is being beautified by historians, politicians, mass media and most of the leading powers today.

Revelation 13:7 "Also it was allowed to make war on the saints and to conquer them. And authority was given it over every tribe and people and language and nation,"
he NEVER has and never will overcome the disciples of Jesus ,those who refuse to repent and walk in obedience regardless of the fact they "call themselves Christian" are already deceived because hearing the word they do not DO it .

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mkgal1

Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
the long knives are coming out
Knives? There was nothing malicious that I posted. You ---yourself---said you don't agree with the statement, "there is One God" in the Nicene Creed. That is a foundation of orthodox Christianity. I was just making the point that in the same way that you and I differ---so do we and Muslims (but that doesn't make you or Muslims "evil" or even "wrong"---who am I to state that?). We simply hold to different beliefs following our own convictions. We are ALL following this passage:

"Am I now seeking human approval, or God’s approval? Or am I trying to please people? If I were still pleasing people, I would not be a servant of Christ"

Upvote 0

mkgal1

Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
....and what if that "key" is different than you think? I believe these passages are relevant:

The Bible according to Luke...chapter 10 said:
For I tell you that many prophets and kings desired to see what you see, but did not see it, and to hear what you hear, but did not hear it.’

Just then a lawyer stood up to test Jesus. ‘Teacher,’ he said, ‘what must I do to inherit eternal life?’ 26 He said to him, ‘What is written in the law? What do you read there?’ 27 He answered, ‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind; and your neighbour as yourself.’ 28 And he said to him, ‘You have given the right answer; do this, and you will live.’

29 But wanting to justify himself, he asked Jesus, ‘And who is my neighbour?’ 30 Jesus replied, ‘A man was going down from Jerusalem to Jericho, and fell into the hands of robbers, who stripped him, beat him, and went away, leaving him half dead. 31 Now by chance a priest was going down that road; and when he saw him, he passed by on the other side. 32 So likewise a Levite, when he came to the place and saw him, passed by on the other side. 33 But a Samaritan while travelling came near him; and when he saw him, he was moved with pity.[...]

According to CARM....this is what the Samaritans believed about Jesus (but here he is portraying them as the one that's kind and the "hero" of the story):

CARM said:
Both Jews and Samaritans are strict monotheists who seek to obey the Law of Moses, but how they understand that law can be quite different.5 Some of these differences are important to note:

While Samaritan's reject most of the Old Testament prophets, they still have a Messianic figure in their teaching known as the "Taheb".-J. Julius Scott Jr., "Jewish Backgrounds of the New Testament" (Baker Academic, 1995) 199
Is it ever recorded where Jesus (who would know) "rebuked" a Samaritan for not accepting most of the OT prophets?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
They have changed the God of Abraham into what He isn't.
But they still worship the God of Abraham and to that extent, and only to that extent, we worship the same God.

Upvote 0

SayitStraight

Jan 8, 2017
Auckland
✟8,153.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Knives? There was nothing malicious that I posted. You ---yourself---said you don't agree with the statement, "there is One God" in the Nicene Creed. That is a foundation of orthodox Christianity. I was just making the point that in the same way that you and I differ---so do we and Muslims (but that doesn't make you or Muslims "evil" or even "wrong"---who am I to state that?). We simply hold to different beliefs following our own convictions. We are ALL following this passage:

"Am I now seeking human approval, or God’s approval? Or am I trying to please people? If I were still pleasing people, I would not be a servant of Christ"
if we follow only our own convictions then we do not follow Christ -but our own conviction . this is called ,each man turning to "his own way " and that is the path of those who have strayed.
for as it is written "all have sinned- they have turned every one unto HIS OWN way " and the very thing from which we are called to repent of doing .

Jesus said
Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent. "

so we see there are other spirits .. but only one TRUE GOD and it is NOT allah .

it is also written that ANY spirit that denies the son , as is being done in the Koran words being horribly recited in that horrendous abomination of a video clip , is NOT of the Holy Spirit of God but IS of the Anti Christ .
thus any attempt by anyone to defend what is being done in the vid is a declaration of support for the Antichrist .

Upvote 0

SayitStraight

Jan 8, 2017
Auckland
✟8,153.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
But they still worship the God of Abraham and to that extent, and only to that extent, we worship the same God.
no they do not . the Arabic peoples and peoples of the lands of the east down through the generations (as recorded in exodus and kings .. down through the ages to this day have NEVER worshiped the God of the Hebrews .the bible makes this very clear . just because Muhammad came along later and wrote an abominable book of lies does not make it so.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

mkgal1

Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
as is being done in the Koran words being horribly recited in that horrendous abomination of a video clip
Can you interpret for the rest of us (since it seems you know what's being sung in order to call it an "abomination")?

Upvote 0

SayitStraight

Jan 8, 2017
Auckland
✟8,153.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Can you interpret for the rest of us (since it seems you know what's being sung in order to call it an "abomination")?
do i need to? ..it is from a book that is a lie and demands the murder of all who do not follow their FALSE god and denies the son of god JESUS . it does not matter what
"part of a lie is being quoted . " support of it is to support the Antichrist and deny the lord Jesus .it does not surprise me though .is this not the same denomination that allows sodomites to continue unrepentant .

Upvote 0

Original Happy Camper

One of GODS Children I am a historicist
Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

Are you defending this action of the Church leaders?

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
no they do not . the Arabic peoples and peoples of the lands of the east down through the generations (as recorded in exodus and kings .. down through the ages to this day have NEVER worshiped the God of the Hebrews .the bible makes this very clear . just because Muhammad came along later and wrote an abominable book of lies does not make it so.
Wrong. Jews, Muslims and Christians all worship the God of Abraham. Further, there are many Arab Christians so your statement regarding Arabs is false.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A passage from the Koran that denies one of the central tenets of the Christian faith was sung aloud at a cathedral service in Scotland.
The passage from Surah 19, which specifically denies that Jesus was the Son of God and says He should not be worshipped, was sung during a Eucharist service at St Mary’s Episcopal Cathedral in Glasgow to mark the feast of the Epiphany.

A video of the recital was posted on YouTube showing a girl singing the passage in a typical Islamic style. It narrates the Islamic account of the birth of Jesus, which includes the claim that Mary was “ashamed” after giving birth, and the infant Christ miraculously spoke from the cradle – something not found in Christian scripture.

She then concludes by singing verse 35, which states in translation: “It befitteth not the Majesty of Allah that He should take unto Himself a son,” and then verse 36, which has the infant Jesus saying: “And lo! Allah is my Lord and your Lord. So worship Him. That is the right path.”

The cathedral praised the reading in a Facebook post, calling it a “wonderful event”.

However, retired Anglican bishop Michael Nazir-Ali strongly condemned it, saying it was especially inappropriate for the feast of the Epiphany, which celebrates the revelation of Christ as the Son of God.

Christian Today quotes him as saying: “The authorities of the Scottish Episcopal Church should immediately repudiate this ill-advised invitation.”

“Christians should know what their fellow citizens believe and this can include reading the Qur’an for themselves, whether in the original or in translation. This is not, however, the same thing as having it read in Church in the context of public worship,” he added.

“It is particularly insensitive to have this passage read in Church on the Feast of the Epiphany when we celebrate not only Christ’s manifestation to the gentiles but also his baptism and the divine declaration, ‘you are my beloved son in whom I am well pleased’.”

The Scottish Episcopal Church is part of the worldwide Anglican Communion, which also includes the Church of England and America’s Episcopalian Church.

Koran Verse Denying Divinity of Christ Sung at Episcopal Cathedral Service

The cathedral’s Facebook page also proudly publicises a press report on the provost’s Christmas sermon, in which he compared U.S. President-Elect Donald Trump to the biblical King Herod, who ordered the massacre of children.

Bringing in texts from the synagogue of Satan (Islam) into church.

Wow.

Upvote 0