Ohio
✟5,675.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
If I said He walked on water, I'm sure I would be accused of depicting Him as anything but what's in His Profile -- (the Bible, that is).

No, the bible actually tells a story of Jesus walking on water. It doesn't say anything about unicorns and satyrs repopulating the planet. You made that up. You're adding to the very bible that tells you at least twice not to add to it -- once in the OT and again in the NT (which, ironically was an addition to the OT lol)

Upvote 0

driewerf

a day at the Zoo
Mar 7, 2010
✟257,746.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Unicorns get off the Ark, gallop (or fly) to the southern regions of Pangaea, get pregnant, have tree sloths; gallop or fly to another part, get pregnant, have aardvarks.

Later, God breaks off a chunk of Pangaea, moves it to the eastern hemisphere, along with these tree sloths, and voila -- tree sloths in South America.

Ditto for the aardvark.

Easy as delivering the newspaper.
book,chapter, verse, please. Otherwise I have to refer you to Rev 22,18-19.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,896,437.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It doesn't say anything about unicorns and satyrs repopulating the planet. You made that up.
Indeed I did make some of it up.

Are you telling me though, that unicorns and satyrs were exempt from repopulating the planet?

Or are you going to make up an answer and say they didn't exist?

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,896,437.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
book,chapter, verse, please. Otherwise I have to refer you to Rev 22,18-19.
Refer me to Revelation 22:18-19 then, and we'll let God sort it out.

While you're at it, I claim God created Jupiter and Mars during the creation week -- refer that, too.

Upvote 0

Delphiki

May 7, 2010
Ohio
✟5,675.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others

Are you telling me though, that unicorns and satyrs were exempt from repopulating the planet?

I will tell you that there is no evidence that either creature has ever existed.

And no, the bible is not evidence. Not any more than the works of Tolkien.

Upvote 0
AV, do you actually believe that this is what happened? Do you have any reason to advocate this belief besides "hey, god's all powerful so it COULD have happened." If you're just making up a hypothetical, how would you distinguish between your additions to the bible and say, Mormonism or Islam. Do you think there's a limit to how much you can add to the bible before it becomes a different document? Given that god is all powerful and need not make sense to us, how do you sort between alternate hypothetical explanations?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Split Rock

Conflation of Blathers
Nov 3, 2003
North Dakota
✟22,466.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Unicorns get off the Ark, gallop (or fly) to the southern regions of Pangaea, get pregnant, have tree sloths; gallop or fly to another part, get pregnant, have aardvarks.

Later, God breaks off a chunk of Pangaea, moves it to the eastern hemisphere, along with these tree sloths, and voila -- tree sloths in South America.

Ditto for the aardvark.

Easy as delivering the newspaper.
Or as easy as reading the bible "like it was a phonebook." ^_^

Upvote 0

Delphiki

May 7, 2010
Ohio
✟5,675.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others

Both - based on the lack of evidence of there ever having been unicorns or satyrs. They are exempt from repopulating the earth because they never existed. I simply won't believe otherwise until there's evidencethey existed, and evidence that animals can have immediate offspring that are completely different animals.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,896,437.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I simply won't believe otherwise until there's evidencethey existed, and evidence that animals can have immediate offspring that are completely different animals.
Then please get out of the way of those who do believe they existed and let them pass.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,896,437.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
AV, do you actually believe that this is what happened?
Yes -- maybe not as I depicted it, but the 'kinds' that got off the Ark -- (whatever they were specifically) -- certainly were in charge of repopulating the earth.

What's so hard to understand?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Nathan Poe

Sep 21, 2002
United States
✟41,319.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
Yes -- maybe not as I depicted it, but the 'kinds' that got off the Ark -- (whatever they were specifically) -- certainly were in charge of repopulating the earth.

Well, given that you yourself have admitted that "Kinds" is a meaningless term, let's start there.

Upvote 0

Do you believe that there were a very small number of kinds on the ark which, upon disembarking, immediately gave birth to the genera that we see today?

I find difficulty with your stance because there is no textual support or evidence for your belief. It seems that you've concocted this belief in response to a practical difficulty (ie it's hard to believe that every species in the world fit on an ark with measurements given in the bible).

Do you think it's appropriate to invent additional miracles to support biblical text that has been challenged by scientific discoveries?

How do you think this is different from modifying an interpretation of the bible (ie the flood was local instead of global) in light of scientific discoveries?

How do you think inventing/rediscovering unmentioned miracles is different from Islam and Mormonism, which also made additions to the bible?

Finally, do you think that other people have the ability to accurately 'rediscover' miracles performed in history (for example, would you be willing to accept a historian who said that Caesar became Emperor because god manifested and made him Emperor?) or is this a special provenance of the religious for religion?

If you have the time, please answer all of these questions as I'm very curious.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,896,437.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Do you believe that there were a very small number of kinds on the ark which, upon disembarking, immediately gave birth to the genera that we see today?
Yes
I find difficulty with your stance because there is no textual support or evidence for your belief.
Would that really matter?
It seems that you've concocted this belief in response to a practical difficulty (ie it's hard to believe that every species in the world fit on an ark with measurements given in the bible).
I 'concocted' a belief in kinds the minute I saw that word in Genesis 1.

Upvote 0

Delphiki

May 7, 2010
Ohio
✟5,675.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Then please get out of the way of those who do believe they existed and let them pass.

Then get out of the way of those who believe in wuzzles and popples. If I want to teach your children they are real, then I will, by golly!

Upvote 0