1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kim Dotcom 'needs' more than $200k a month to live

Discussion in 'Technology' started by EphesiaNZ, Feb 28, 2012.

1. EphesiaNZ

EphesiaNZ Been there, done that - too wise to do it again!

Faith:
    Christian
  2. C-Man

C-Man ...

Faith:
    Baptist
    They're charging the man with racketeering? What do they think he is, a mafia boss?

3. EphesiaNZ

Faith:
    Christian
    I heard this interview on our national Christian radio station last week. I thought it was quite informative.

Craig Dotlo, retired FBI agent

4. 852derek852

852derek852 Newbie

Faith:
    Agnostic
    Kim seems a bit sleezy, but I think the RIAA/MPAA are vastly sleezier.

5. tannicv2

tannicv2 New Member

Faith:
    Christian
    If I recall correctly, all his charges are because of the users on his site correct?

6. NiobiumTragedy

NiobiumTragedy Glorious Tragedy

Faith:
    Christian
    Correct, which is why the whole thing is bogus. They are trying to (illegally I might add) send a message to all these file sharing companies. The RIAA and MPAA have been dumping mass amounts of money into our government in order to bribe them into making new laws. Laws that shouldn't exist because these are civil matters and should be treated as such.

Look how many of these file hosting companies have folded because of this rubbish going on. The fact that the RIAA/MPAA have been allowed to continue to bully everyone with big brother government is completely unacceptable.

7. Perhaps Today

Perhaps Today A Light In The Black

Faith:
    Christian
    Exactly!!! Couldn't have said it any better myself. :thumbsup:

8. EphesiaNZ

Faith:
    Christian
    I tend to agree with this, both are as sleezy as each other. We must not forgte that Kim has used his users to gain profit from illegal content by offering a paid service whereby you can download at a faster rate and also encouraged those who upload illegal content financial incentives to do so.

Lets not forget that even though the music and film industries etc are pushing the cases against people like KIm, some of that reason is to protect jobs of workers employed for these companies who have families to feed.