• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Kidney stones...gaaaw XP

pumanator

Veteran
Aug 1, 2005
✟10,032.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Off today and tomorrow. Third time this has happened, 1st was worst, 4 shots of morphine to bring me down. Just barely finished my a.m. run today before it knocked me down, thank God. My doctor (nice christian lady) told me now I would know, just a little, what my wife went through giving birth to the kiddos >.< cruel irony...^_^

Just wondered if anyone else has to deal with this along with your daily pain grind.

Spaceman_Spiff

CthulhuAce
Oct 10, 2004
Scarberia
✟17,466.00
Faith
Atheist
I've had 19 over the last 2 years. Most of those in about a 7 month span. The first 4 were the worst. I was popping percocets like candy.

Drink lots and LOTS of water (not beer, not coke or coffee). Anything with caffein or alcohol is a diuretic and will leave you more dehydrated than before.

If I feel like not drinking water I just remember the pain of the stones and have a glass :)

Even with the water you might still get an odd stone or two but they'll be so small it won't hurt but you get a surprise when you pee :)

Upvote 0

MariaRegina

Jun 26, 2003
Visit site
✟115,460.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Off today and tomorrow. Third time this has happened, 1st was worst, 4 shots of morphine to bring me down. Just barely finished my a.m. run today before it knocked me down, thank God. My doctor (nice christian lady) told me now I would know, just a little, what my wife went through giving birth to the kiddos >.< cruel irony...^_^

Just wondered if anyone else has to deal with this along with your daily pain grind.

Ask your doctor to find out what types of stones you are producing. Different folks produce different stones it seems.

I was producing stones that came from eating too much spinach. I have since given up eating spinach pizza, etc, and they have not come back to haunt me.

Yes, the pain can be worse than childbirth. I gave birth to a son, and the pain was not nearly as bad as kidney or gall stones.

Upvote 0

MariaRegina

Jun 26, 2003
Visit site
✟115,460.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Water is important. Dehydration causes severe pain and harms the kidneys.

I know it is a vicious cycle, but hydration is important to flush out impurities in the body and maintain health.

Some people will drink water just before going on break so that they can use the restrooms. You do not have to drink all day.

Upvote 0

SionDS

Honest Humble
Jul 16, 2010
✟7,779.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Libertarian
I cringe when I just hear about them! In highschool I had a teacher that would talk about his constantly! lol

I've never had one and doubt I ever will since I drink a lot of water. It seems like for men, they have their first, then drink so much water they never have one again, or they have some kind of genetics that makes them have stones frequently. It really is just horrifying to read about them though.

I knew one older man who got one in his 50s, said he had a ton of morphine that would knock most men out, and he was still awake and in deep pain. I've also read that for men, the pain is worse than giving birth is for women.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums