Kentucky court ignores requests to remove portrait of Jesus inside court house

Red Fox

Dec 14, 2014
✟23,169.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
It isn't so much that they need the picture to pray, it is more about people wanting a picture to come down merely because it depicts a religious figure and is "offensive" to some people (which is all colors of stupid).

OK, what if I walk into a courtroom and I find Lady Justice offensive to me, her and her scales silently judging me from behind the judge? Can I demand that all statues/engravings/pictures of her be taken down too?

So, you would have no problem with the crescent moon of Islam or another symbol of Islam being displayed in a courthouse either right next to the picture of Jesus or being displayed elsewhere in the courthouse, being visible for all to see? Would you have a problem with a statue of Satan being displayed in the front lawn of a courthouse?

Upvote 0

Blank Stair

1 Peter 3:16
Aug 19, 2015
✟18,901.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Oh, such sad times we live in...

I can't help but to give this sad sarcastic sort of chuckle at it, even though it really isn't funny....
Have you yet talked with senior citizens, those well into their golden years, who say they're looking forward to dying? Because they so dread what's happening in America and the world today?

That's a real indicator of sad times let me tell you. When those who should be living their golden years in peace look forward to dying so they don't have to witness the further decay of America and the world, that's pathetic. And it's pathetic because it's all happened by law.

Upvote 0

Blank Stair

1 Peter 3:16
Aug 19, 2015
✟18,901.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Catholics have been doing this for hundreds of years, who why wouldn't it?
That's Catholic. Not all Christians are Roman Catholics.
And I know Roman Catholics who I've made the mistake of calling Christian. And they correct me and say, no, I'm Roman Catholic.

Upvote 0

Xalith

Apr 6, 2015
✟19,943.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So, you would have no problem with the crescent moon of Islam being displayed in a courthouse either right next to the picture of Jesus or being displayed elsewhere in the courthouse, being visible for all people to see? Would you have a problem with a statue of Satan being displayed in the front lawn of a courthouse?

Religious Freedom is Religious Freedom. I can walk past the statue of Satan and roll my eyes at it, look up at the crescent moon of Islam and similarly roll my eyes at it, and then smile and bow my head for a second at the picture of Jesus.

It ain't hard.

I bet Muslims would probably do the very same thing, but in reverse order.

Upvote 0

ChristsSoldier115

Mabaho na Kuya
Jul 30, 2013
The greatest state in the Union: Ohio
✟26,502.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
It isn't so much that they need the picture to pray, it is more about people wanting a picture to come down merely because it depicts a religious figure and is "offensive" to some people (which is all colors of stupid).

OK, what if I walk into a courtroom and I find Lady Justice offensive to me, her and her scales silently judging me from behind the judge? Can I demand that all statues/engravings/pictures of her be taken down too?
I do not think it is about being offending it is about our religious neutral country where anybody can be any heathen religion they want, and not have to ever worry that our state is promoting one. Does the picture promote it? I doubt it. In fact, most likely people walk by it every day and never stop to look to ponder, "hmm I wonder what would Jesus do right now?" If you do not like to live in a religious neutral country where the government tries its best to maintain the image that is does no promote any religion, then i suggest to move to Saudi Arabia, they have plenty of theocracy there for you.

Upvote 0

ChristsSoldier115

Mabaho na Kuya
Jul 30, 2013
✟26,502.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
That's Catholic. Not all Christians are Roman Catholics.
And I know Roman Catholics who I've made the mistake of calling Christian. And they correct me and say, no, I'm Roman Catholic.

being baptist. I am well aware of this, but what does that have to do on whether some christians require that jesus portrait to pray to God or not?

Upvote 0

Xalith

Apr 6, 2015
✟19,943.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Have you yet talked with senior citizens, those well into their golden years, who say they're looking forward to dying? Because they so dread what's happening in America and the world today?

That's a real indicator of sad times let me tell you. When those who should be living their golden years in peace look forward to dying so they don't have to witness the further decay of America and the world, that's pathetic. And it's pathetic because it's all happened by law.

I feel similar, but instead of wishing for death, I instead wait on the Rapture and His coming. It surely can't be too much longer, how many more drops in our Father's cup can America (and the rest of the world for that matter) possibly drip in it before it runs out over and He says "ENOUGH"?

Upvote 0

Xalith

Apr 6, 2015
✟19,943.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I do not think it is about being offending it is about our religious neutral country where anybody can be any heathen religion they want, and not have to ever worry that our state is promoting one. Does the picture promote it? I doubt it. In fact, most likely people walk by it every day and never stop to look to ponder, "hmm I wonder what would Jesus do right now?" If you do not like to live in a religious neutral country where the government tries its best to maintain the image that is does no promote any religion, then i suggest to move to Saudi Arabia, they have plenty of theocracy there for you.

Okay, so on one hand you're saying "The picture doesn't promote Christianity" and then you go on to say "If you don't like living in a nation that wants to maintain religious neutrality, then move to Saudi Arabia" as if you're defending the picture's removal....

So..... whose side are you on, exactly, again?

Upvote 0

ChristsSoldier115

Mabaho na Kuya
Jul 30, 2013
✟26,502.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Okay, so on one hand you're saying "The picture doesn't promote Christianity" and then you go on to say "If you don't like living in a nation that wants to maintain religious neutrality, then move to Saudi Arabia" as if you're defending the picture's removal....

So..... whose side are you on, exactly, again?

What I say doesn't matter. What the laws of the constitution says is religious or not, and what the judges of this nation determine as to what that exactly is. it does not bother me, because Christianity does not need western culture to survive. We have more Christian in the none western world than in the west now. We have over 500 million Christians in sub-sahara africa right now. If Christ does not return, than expect them to be sending missionaries our way instead of the other way around in 100 years.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Xalith

Apr 6, 2015
✟19,943.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What I say doesn't matter. What the laws of the constitution says is religious or not, and what the judges of this nation determine as to what that exactly is. it does not bother me, because Christianity does not need western culture to survive. We have more Christian in the none western world than in the west now. We have over 500 million Christians in sub-sahara africa right now. If Christ does not return, than expect them to be sending missionaries our way instead of the other way around in 100 years.

You do realize that with every small whittle of the Anti-Religious Chisel, the problem of America going further away from God only gets worse, right?

You talk about how many Christians are in the Non-West part of the world vs Christians in the West... right after saying it doesn't matter if we stamp out religious symbols.

You don't seem to have anything against the total destruction of Christianity here in America... oh you can practice Christianity, but you're limited to Churches and your own home and if you attempt to spread the Gospel anywhere else, you can be told to stop, or at the very least, you become a pariah in society.

And then you go on and brush it off with "heh, in 100 years the east will send missionaries to the west if Christ doesn't come soon".

So... you're Christian, but you don't seem to be concerned, or even care in the least bit that America... a once good nation that stood for good morals and ideals, one that was predominantly Christian, has fallen so far into depravity and sin, is doing its hardest to stamp out the last remaining symbols of Christianity outside of churches? lol?

You claim to be a follower of Christ... but yet you don't seem the least bit concerned that a large number of people are walking head-first into sin (and by extension, Hell)?

I dunno about you, but when I read stories like this, I cringe because these people are literally digging their own graves, and not only their own, but they are helping to dig their friends' and fellows' graves as well. It's a sad, sad state of things. But I suppose if you're not an American, you might not understand the kind of grief a Christian American feels over what this nation has become.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
You do realize that with every small whittle of the Anti-Religious Chisel, the problem of America going further away from God only gets worse, right?

Why is that a problem?

You don't seem to have anything against the total destruction of Christianity here in America...

How, logically, does it follow from keeping a courthouse in accordance with the establishment clause to the total destruction of Christianity in America?

...America... a once good nation that stood for good morals and ideals, one that was predominantly Christian, has fallen so far into depravity and sin,

Oh my. I often wonder what sanitized version of American history people learn when they assert stuff like this. Let's take one example, ever heard of Headquarters USA?

But I suppose if you're not an American, you might not understand the kind of grief a Christian American feels over what this nation has become.

One that won't allow states and municipalities to ignore the Constitution? Oh the horror!

Reactions: Red Fox
Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Only through an act of vandalism. Courthouses are full of Judges and attorneys. What's fascinating is that in a free country there's so much opposition to Christians having their freedom of religion.
Wait, what's next? The Biblical iconography scrolled on the Supreme Court must be chiseled off?
Freedom of religion but a Jesus picture can't hang in a courthouse. Bet it doesn't come down.
Why do Christians get Freedom Of Religion in public court houses and such but no one else does?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ChristsSoldier115

Mabaho na Kuya
Jul 30, 2013
✟26,502.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship

You talk about how many Christians are in the Non-West part of the world vs Christians in the West... right after saying it doesn't matter if we stamp out religious symbols.

You don't seem to have anything against the total destruction of Christianity here in America... oh you can practice Christianity, but you're limited to Churches and your own home and if you attempt to spread the Gospel anywhere else, you can be told to stop, or at the very least, you become a pariah in society.

And then you go on and brush it off with "heh, in 100 years the east will send missionaries to the west if Christ doesn't come soon".

So... you're Christian, but you don't seem to be concerned, or even care in the least bit that America... a once good nation that stood for good morals and ideals, one that was predominantly Christian, has fallen so far into depravity and sin, is doing its hardest to stamp out the last remaining symbols of Christianity outside of churches? lol?

You claim to be a follower of Christ... but yet you don't seem the least bit concerned that a large number of people are walking head-first into sin (and by extension, Hell)?

I dunno about you, but when I read stories like this, I cringe because these people are literally digging their own graves, and not only their own, but they are helping to dig their friends' and fellows' graves as well. It's a sad, sad state of things. But I suppose if you're not an American, you might not understand the kind of grief a Christian American feels over what this nation has become.

Do you realize that when Christ establishes His eternal Kingdom there will be no America right? I understand that there is something far greater than America at work. You worry over nothing, because you trust in America. I trust in God. What good does "In God we Trust" do on all our coins and money if we do not actually do that?

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,206,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
So, you would have no problem with the crescent moon of Islam or another symbol of Islam being displayed in a courthouse either right next to the picture of Jesus or being displayed elsewhere in the courthouse, being visible for all to see? Would you have a problem with a statue of Satan being displayed in the front lawn of a courthouse?

That already does happen in some places.

Upvote 0

Red Fox

Dec 14, 2014
✟23,169.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
America... a once good nation that stood for good morals and ideals, one that was predominantly Christian, has fallen so far into depravity and sin,

I don't think land theft, committing genocide, the enslavement of another race of people, or the oppression of minorities living in this country are good morals and ideals. However, I do think the only biblical aspects that can be honestly attributed to America is the amount of genocide and slavery this country was founded and built on.

Last edited:
Upvote 0