Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
A Kentucky court house is being asked to remove a portrait of Jesus from its interior because a group advocating the Constitution’s Establishment Clause says it sends a chilling message to non-Christians.

The portrait, which appears to have been drawn in pencil or charcoal, show Jesus standing over a man who is kneeling and appears to be weeping, with the words, “In your place, what would Jesus do?” The Freedom From Religion Foundation is pushing for Breathitt County Courthouse to move it off court house grounds, according toLocal8Now.

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/08/ken...-remove-portrait-of-jesus-inside-court-house/

Goonie

Not so Mystic Mog.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
UK
✟1,149,307.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
wwjdwhip.jpg

Upvote 0

Blank Stair

1 Peter 3:16
Aug 19, 2015
✟18,901.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
:clap: Praise GOD!
Groups like the communist FFRF want what they've decreed as their namesake that prefaces their agenda. They want America to be free of religion.

It sends a chilling message to non-Christians? Wait till they arrive in Hell. Good news! Chill's over. :doh:
What's next? Churches being decorated so as to publicly identify them as Christian bring a chill to non-Christians? Therefore, they must hide their facade, disguise the fact they're a church, so that non-church goers aren't offended?

Yes, that's easily presumed to be on the radar of anti-Christian groups.

A Kentucky court house is being asked to remove a portrait of Jesus from its interior because a group advocating the Constitution’s Establishment Clause says it sends a chilling message to non-Christians.

The portrait, which appears to have been drawn in pencil or charcoal, show Jesus standing over a man who is kneeling and appears to be weeping, with the words, “In your place, what would Jesus do?” The Freedom From Religion Foundation is pushing for Breathitt County Courthouse to move it off court house grounds, according toLocal8Now.

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/08/ken...-remove-portrait-of-jesus-inside-court-house/

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟331,933.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
:clap: Praise GOD!
Groups like the communist FFRF want what they've decreed as their namesake that prefaces their agenda. They want America to be free of religion.

It sends a chilling message to non-Christians?
Well as long as they allow Joseph Smith, Muhammad and other religion leaders on there walls too. Why would I care. But I have a feeling this Jesus picture will go down.

Upvote 0

Blank Stair

Aug 19, 2015
✟18,901.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Only through an act of vandalism. Courthouses are full of Judges and attorneys. What's fascinating is that in a free country there's so much opposition to Christians having their freedom of religion.
Wait, what's next? The Biblical iconography scrolled on the Supreme Court must be chiseled off?
Freedom of religion but a Jesus picture can't hang in a courthouse. Bet it doesn't come down.

Upvote 0

ChristsSoldier115

Mabaho na Kuya
Jul 30, 2013
The greatest state in the Union: Ohio
✟26,502.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship

Isn't it a little late to be asking yourself that question in a court house? :rolleyes:

Maybe they should remove it and put it on the street in high crime areas. it might be more effective.

Upvote 0

Red Fox

Dec 14, 2014
✟23,169.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
Well as long as they allow Joseph Smith, Muhammad and other religion leaders on there walls too. Why would I care. But I have a feeling this Jesus picture will go down.

Yes, that is true, but let's not forget the statue of Satan with the little children sitting on his lap.

We shouldn't forget the huge stink many Christians made over these statues that were placed in Detroit and Oklahoma City at one point.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟331,933.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Only through an act of vandalism. Courthouses are full of Judges and attorneys. What's fascinating is that in a free country there's so much opposition to Christians having their freedom of religion.
Wait, what's next? The Biblical iconography scrolled on the Supreme Court must be chiseled off?
Freedom of religion but a Jesus picture can't hang in a courthouse. Bet it doesn't come down.
Actually that picture can be forced down by the government. They can send people to get rid of it. I didn't say anything about vandalism. What about other religions rights to put their religious stuff in court rooms. You complain about Christians rights, even though you still have right about practice your faith.

Reactions: Red Fox
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Red Fox

Dec 14, 2014
✟23,169.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
Actually that picture can be forced down by the government. They can send people to get rid of it. I didn't say anything about vandalism. What about other religions rights to put their religious stuff in court rooms. You complain about Christians rights, even though you still have right about practice your faith.

Christians should not be given special privileges in the government if it would override and suppress the religious freedom and other equal rights of non-Christians.

Upvote 0

Xalith

Apr 6, 2015
✟19,943.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

That image is taken completely out of context.

1). He flipped over the money-changers' tables. These were small little dinky coin-counting benches that they used in the old days. They were probably about a foot high, and perhaps a foot by three foot wide.

2). He didn't chase people with whips; He whipped the animals to get them to run away.

Not once did He threaten or lay a finger on a person in the Temple, in either of the two times He did this in the Gospels.

Upvote 0

ChristsSoldier115

Mabaho na Kuya
Jul 30, 2013
The greatest state in the Union: Ohio
✟26,502.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship

I am not sure what a picture of Jesus in a court house has to do with religious freedom. Are Christians kneeing before it to pray or something? I am a baptist, so icons are meaningless to me. Maybe Kentucky has a big denomination that requires it to pray every day. Most protestants do not use icons for worship.

Upvote 0

Blank Stair

Aug 19, 2015
✟18,901.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
For now we do. But the racists that hate America and American's and hijack conversations so as to spew anti-Christian rhetoric, anti-American rhetoric, are the type of activist that hope to take that right away.
That's why they start trying to take the symbols that pertain to Christianity away.

What about the Bibles that are used in court to swear people in? Certainly there are options to affirm to tell the truth, and without a Bible. But there is a Bible option in virtually all courthouses in America. Should those be done away with too? Is it OK for those to be the next target of the anti-America, Anti-Christian, "Working to make America free of religion" foundation?

Upvote 0

Blank Stair

Aug 19, 2015
✟18,901.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I am not sure what a picture of Jesus in a court house has to do with religious freedom. Are Christians kneeing before it to pray or something? I am a baptist, so icons are meaningless to me. Maybe Kentucky has a big denomination that requires it to pray every day. Most protestants do not use icons for worship.
So you imagine a picture of Jesus necessarily entails it being an icon that is worshiped?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Xalith

Apr 6, 2015
✟19,943.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

It isn't so much that they need the picture to pray, it is more about people wanting a picture to come down merely because it depicts a religious figure and is "offensive" to some people (which is all colors of stupid).

OK, what if I walk into a courtroom and I find Lady Justice offensive to me, her and her scales silently judging me from behind the judge? Can I demand that all statues/engravings/pictures of her be taken down too?

Upvote 0

Blank Stair

Aug 19, 2015
✟18,901.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
It isn't so much that they need the picture to pray, it is more about people wanting a picture to come down merely because it depicts a religious figure and is "offensive" to some people (which is all colors of stupid).

OK, what if I walk into a courtroom and I find Lady Justice offensive to me, her and her scales silently judging me from behind the judge? Can I demand that all statues/engravings/pictures of her be taken down too?
Yes, this is America.
Didn't you hear?
There's an activist effort underway now that eventually will end up most likely with a bill being drafted right behind it. A Constitutional amendment that guarantees the inalienable right not to be offended in America.

Upvote 0

Xalith

Apr 6, 2015
✟19,943.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes, this is America.
Didn't you hear?
There's an activist effort underway now that eventually will end up most likely with a bill being drafted right behind it. A Constitutional amendment that guarantees the inalienable right not to be offended in America.

Oh, such sad times we live in...

I can't help but to give this sad sarcastic sort of chuckle at it, even though it really isn't funny....

Upvote 0