Kent Hovind

I would like to know what it is I need to continue on about those skulls. They are collected skulls that belonged to Broca and Morton and were used to "prove" whites were smarter than anyone else. I learned all this from Stephen Gould, a great scientist, though an evolutionist and I admired his honesty.
I like to talk with atheists and agnostics because they always have such great questions and are actually quite intelligent if theywould only apply it correctly.

Those skulls were human, collected, but the so called transitional skulls are all apes & monkeys. (Not humans) On creation, It is crazy to think that for no apparent reason something came from nothing for no apparent reason it just happened.
Loren said planets are forming now and that is not true. We live in a closed system, it is all been said and done and things convert, but never change into something else.

That is insane. Impossible. To think we just happened.....I actually laugh, it is so dumb.

From the great mind of God came our minds.

Sure, sure, deny God so you can somehow escape accountability, but the Bible says clearly that "WHETHER WE BELIEVE OR NOT, HE CANNOT DENY HIMSELF." so even if we deny,he doesn't.

Upvote 0

LorentzHA

Electric Kool-Aid Girl
Aug 8, 2003
Dallas, Texas
✟3,521.00
Faith
Other Religion
ilwjc said:
If evolution were true, then we are not accountable to anyone or anything, but I believe we're accountable to God for the simple fact, it is obvious we need to give account.
Evolution has nothing ot do with accountability. What are you talking about????

Upvote 0

LorentzHA

Electric Kool-Aid Girl
Aug 8, 2003
Dallas, Texas
✟3,521.00
Faith
Other Religion
ilwjc said:
Loren said planets are forming now and that is not true. We live in a closed system, it is all been said and done and things convert, but never change into something else.

That is insane. Impossible. To think we just happened.....I actually laugh, it is so dumb.
They are forming right now, in the constellation Orion and that is only what we can see. Stars are being born also in Nebula. Look up protoplanetary disks or proplyds. It is not guess work it is being observed. We watch stars being born all the time. Some Astronomers do nothing but studying star birth. If yo uwant top read more about new planet formation check out Astronomy.com There was an excellent article about this in the October or November 2003 issue. I do find it a little odd, how you laugh at and/or dismiss things you know little about.

Upvote 0

GOODY2SHOES

Feb 14, 2004
Massachusetts
✟112.00
Faith
Christian
Justin04 said:
i hear what your saying. but it has everything to do with being a believer or non believer. if you arent a believer your going to have a totally different opinoin then a creationist on how ''science stuff'' happens. i maybe wrong but thats the way I see it. I think that your saying that believer or not many real science people have problems with him. then thats all fine and dandy but if your a non believer of course you will wont agree w/ him hands down. So if your a believer and disagree then I could understand more. I've said from the start I dont know much about it but that seems to be a pretty simple issue.

This is quite true. If you are a non-believer, then evolution is the only game in town. If you are believer, then the issue is open.

However, to the likes of Hovind, it becomes an inversion of what a non-believer thinks. Just because atheists use evolution to their advantage is no reason to not think the issues out.

Hovind is close minded and his science is closer to voodoo than to any real science. Properly understood, real science shows the glory of God just as the bible says it does.

goody

Upvote 0

JohnR7

Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
LorentzHA said:
They are forming right now, in the constellation Orion and that is only what we can see.
That is why it is important to get a Bible with the correct verb tense.

Job 9:9
Which maketh Arcturus, Orion, and Pleiades, and the chambers of the south.

"Maketh" is present tense, it means the creation of Orion is a ongoing process.

Upvote 0

continental drift bud, it's old news.

But they must have been under water only a short time then.

yeah, there were catastrophes, but only local ones. There are too many fratures that cannot be dealth with by a global flood, fossil sorting just being one of them.

There is not to many problems with fossil sorting, but there are many problems with the evolutionary hypothesis of uniformitarianism...

http://www.creationscience.com/onlinebook/LifeSciences29.html

this is one really interesting one.

http://www.nwcreation.net/presentations/geology/tsld025.htm

this one has some stuff.
http://genesismission.4t.com/Geology/pgc.html

have fun.

More later from your friendly neighborhood creationist....

Upvote 0

Frumious Bandersnatch

Contributor
Mar 4, 2003
Visit site
✟15,931.00
Faith
Unitarian
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Do you really want to go there with the coelecanth example.
depending on where "there" is.

This one is my favorite so far but I am still reading. Could be more gems to come!
Well perhaps if you would spend less time nitpicking, at your own assumptions that are pointed out by creationists, then you would realize that your arguments are very weak in light of the empiracle evidence.

Upvote 0

Frumious Bandersnatch

Contributor
Mar 4, 2003
Visit site
✟15,931.00
Faith
Unitarian
AlHailThePowerOfJesusName said:
depending on where "there" is.

Well perhaps if you would spend less time nitpicking, at your own assumptions that are pointed out by creationists, then you would realize that your arguments are very weak in light of the empiracle evidence.
Huh?

Upvote 0
I

Ishmael Borg

AlHailThePowerOfJesusName said:
If you would spend less time posting links to non-scientific b.s. sites, you'd probably know how to spell empirical. And you certainly wouldn't bring up coelacanths.

Upvote 0

LorentzHA

Electric Kool-Aid Girl
Aug 8, 2003
Dallas, Texas
✟3,521.00
Faith
Other Religion
JohnR7 said:
That is why it is important to get a Bible with the correct verb tense.

Job 9:9
Which maketh Arcturus, Orion, and Pleiades, and the chambers of the south.

"Maketh" is present tense, it means the creation of Orion is a ongoing process.
Interesting comment, John.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LorentzHA

Electric Kool-Aid Girl
Aug 8, 2003
Dallas, Texas
✟3,521.00
Faith
Other Religion
Arikay said:
Does the ongoing making include the Pleiades, as I believe they are actually spliting up. it will be a long divorce though, but they are seperating.
:D And everyone told her that he was not good enough for her; she should have listened!

Upvote 0
The Bible also says God said..."I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace and create evil. I the Lord do all these things." Isaiah 45:7 (present tense form, make, and create)

and I make many things like biscuits, cakes, roasts, but it does not mean I am making them all the time without stopping. It means I am able to do so.
I can say I make biscuits and never make them again.

Upvote 0

LorentzHA

Electric Kool-Aid Girl
Aug 8, 2003
Dallas, Texas
✟3,521.00
Faith
Other Religion
ilwjc said:
The Bible also says God said..."I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace and create evil. I the Lord do all these things." Isaiah 45:7 (present tense form, make, and create)

and I make many things like biscuits, cakes, roasts, but it does not mean I am making them all the time without stopping. It means I am able to do so.
I can say I make biscuits and never make them again.
Great, but that is not what is happening with stars and planets..they continue to be "made"...but please, continue to make your roasts and biscuits..I am always on the go and may need to drop in for a meal. ;) :)

Upvote 0
Lorenz, simply because evolutionist "scientists" say what you repeat doesn't make it so. The scripture says "truth will spring from the earth" (OT) and the heavens declare the glory of God (OT) and archaeology and astronomy prove everyday the Bible is true, so we can know it is true in all of it's pages.
You have never been trillions of miles in deep space not has anyone else, so it is easy to sit in front of a telescope with a PHd and say this or that.
Piltdown man was one of the biggest lies invented by the evolutionists, and they continue to make up stories and many about space.
I believe the Bible is true and it states that on the seventh day God rested or stopped working.
I think the thing here is that what is happening anywhere and everywhere is simply God's finished work doing what he finished it to do, such as the human race continuing to move on, but it doesn't mean it stopped at Adam and Eve.........but what atheists claim in no way discredits the Bible's truth.

I firmly believe atheists refuse to believe in God, not because there is no evidence, but because it is a way they can attempt escape from accountability to God their creator for their lives.

No accusations intended.

Upvote 0