Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Guess he won't let me believe. ;)
I've got some good news for you:

God is not a Calvinist.

Romans 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

:)

Upvote 0

Hoghead1

Oct 27, 2015
✟8,968.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Possibly. But you cannot deny the fact that you have earned it.

What "moral laws" in the Bible? The Bible is not a source of morals, if anything it is the opposite of that.

Even deism is a stronger belief than what Einstein had. Today he would be classified as an atheist since he did not believe in any god that you could mention.

Can't say as I agree that you at all here. I don't know any biblical scholars who would. Too much allegory, too much reading in meanings way beyond the plain or stated text, Toomuc turning Scripture into a nose of wax you can twist as you want.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Can't say as I agree that you at all here. I don't know any biblical scholars who would. Too much allegory, too much reading in meanings way beyond the plain or stated text, Toomuc turning Scripture into a nose of wax you can twist as you want.

That is okay, we are bound to disagree here and there. But a literal reading of the Bible would make you one of the least moral persons on the Earth if you followed it.

Reactions: tyke
Upvote 0

Jimmy D

Dec 11, 2014
✟268,799.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I am not adding anything, I am only showing you that they coincide. It is actually quite involved and detailed as it would take more then one book to cover all of what I am trying to be very brief in regards to.

I explained that I am talking about more then one model. Both models are equally true. The Bible has MANY layers of meaning. Just like Science says that the Universe is multidimensional.

There is a first for everything. Adam and Eve were clearly a first for something. That is why we read about them in the Bible. If they were the first "humans" would depend on how you define the word human.

Science is the literal interpretation of the Bible. I actually take the Bible to be very literal but that interpretation is more difficult then understanding the Bible as an allegory. A child can understand the meaning of the Bible stories. It takes an adult to understand on a deeper level then what a child is able to grasp.

Hi Joshua

It seems like your opinions differ to mine which is fine, we're all entitled to our views. Unfortunately, you missed what I felt were the important parts of my post which are questions that led me to my opinion and why I feel that what you posted was incorrect....

A comet may have hit the Earth 13000 years ago but there is no mention in Genesis. You say if we study science and read Genesis that a day can equal a thousand years but that can't be right, it's clearly listed what was created on each day and according to science that order is incorrect.

One minute you're saying a day in Genesis is a very long period of time (billions of years), the next you're saying the dates 'work out perfect' as 7000 years of creation and 6000 years of genealogies to tie in with your comet theory, which is it?

Genesis clearly describes how Adam and Eve were formed and that they were the first humans, are you saying that those passages are to be taken literally and that it happened 6000 years ago? Again science does not agree.

Upvote 0

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic
What do unbelievers care?

Unbelievers think that people shouldn't break the law.

They hired someone to break the law in 1925, so they could challenge creationism.

So they could challenge an unconstitutional law. If Hovind wants to challenge the constitutionality of tax laws, he is welcome to it.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Unbelievers think that people shouldn't break the law.
* cough * Yeokay.
Loudmouth said:
So they could challenge an unconstitutional law.
Unbelievers are for truth, justice, and the American way ... are they?

Is that why they harp on the Ten Commandments on public display, "Merry Christmas," and the Bible in school; while supporting abortion on demand?

Matthew 23:24 Ye blind guides, which strain at a gnat, and swallow a camel.

Upvote 0

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic
* cough * Yeokay.

*cough* Atheists also care about people obeying the law.

Unbelievers are for truth, justice, and the American way ... are they?

As much as any believer.

Is that why they harp on the Ten Commandments on public display, "Merry Christmas," and the Bible in school; while supporting abortion on demand?

You will note that the law of the land says that it is AGAINST THE LAW for the government to promote religion. What you are pointing to are instances where unbelievers care about people obeying the law.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Because he IS relevant.
I would say even the educated elite here know ten times more what Kent Hovind stands for than Charles Darwin.

Ask someone here what Darwin taught, and you usually get some broad term ... like "evolution" or "natural selection."

Ask someone here what Mr. Hovind teaches, and you're liable to get a whole list of specifics.

Upvote 0

VirOptimus

A nihilist who cares.
Aug 24, 2005
✟250,687.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I would say even the educated elite here know ten times more what Kent Hovind stands for than Charles Darwin.

Ask someone here what Darwin taught, and you usually get some broad term ... like "evolution" or "natural selection."

Ask someone here what Mr. Hovind teaches, and you're liable to get a whole list of specifics.

Teaches? Hovind just lies.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Teaches? Hovind just lies.
And I'll bet you can tell me some of his "lies," can't you?

Can you tell me what communicable disease Mr. Darwin brought home to his family? or what monetary unit his picture is on?

(Without looking it up.)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jimmy D

Dec 11, 2014
✟268,799.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
And I'll bet you can tell me some of his "lies," can't you?

Can you tell me what communicable disease Mr. Darwin brought home to his family? or what monetary unit his picture is on?

(Without looking it up.)

What on earth are you going on about now AV?

He's on 10 pound note by the way, I've got one in my pocket (although he's getting replaced by Jane Austen in a year or two). Luckily we don't get too many creationists crying about it over here, he's given the respect he deserves.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
What on earth are you going on about now AV?
I'm just answering this question:
Why are people still talking about Kent Hovind in 2016?
Is that okay?
Jimmy D said:
He's on 10 pound note by the way, I've got one in my pocket (although he's getting replaced by Jane Austen in a year or two).
Okay.
Jimmy D said:
Luckily we don't get too many creationists crying about it over here, he's given the respect he deserves.
Really?

Then why do atheists (and non-atheists alike) want to argue that the Lady Hope story is a lie?

Am I the only one who believes Mr. Darwin went to Heaven?

With friends like you guys, he doesn't need enemies, does he?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jimmy D

Dec 11, 2014
✟268,799.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I'm just answering this question: Is that okay?

It's okay with me but it's not much of an answer is it?

They why do atheists (and non-atheists alike) want to argue that the Lady Hope story is a lie?

Maybe they believe it is a lie? It's not something that bothers me either way, it's irrelevant to what he achieved.

His ideas are the foundation of modern biology and represented a shift in how mankind should view his position in the world. A 2006 national poll rated him as the 4th most important brit of all time.

Why you want to compare him to Kent Hovind I don't know.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
His ideas are the foundation of modern biology and represented a shift in how mankind should view his position in the world.
Meaning the Father of Evolution married his first cousin?

Upvote 0