Visit site
✟21,921.00
Country
Thailand
Faith
Utrecht
Marital Status
Private
On the May 21st, 2007 edition of BVOV, guest John Hagee began slamming the RCC with the usual anti-Catholic rhetoric. After listening politely for a couple of minutes, Copeland jumped in and began defending Catholics, stating "The Roman Church at this time is filled with people that love God with all their heart". Copeland continued on to talk about the Charismatic Movement within the RCC, how John Paul II had been a strong proponent of the Charismatic Movement, how John Paul II had, on behalf of the RCC repented of the sins that had occurred against the Jewish people and asked for their forgiveness, etc.

okieray

Dec 30, 2006
sallisaw,oklahoma
✟15,620.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
yes there are a lot of good people who love Christ in the catholic church! i didn`t see the copeland program so i won`t discuss it, but i think we`ll find christ loving people in most churches. as we all know just going to church won`t get you into heaven. we must love Jesus and turn our lives over to chirst. i`m sure what ever church you visit we`ll find his people there.

Reactions: pdudgeon
Upvote 0
L

LogonLalein

Quote from the Wikipedia:

"Beginnings 1950-1975 While it is difficult to locate the place and time that charismatic Christianity began to influence the mainstream churches, Dennis Bennett, an American Episcopalian, is often cited as the movement's seminal influence. Bennett was the Rector at St Mark's Episcopal Church in Van Nuys California when he announced to the congregation in 1960 that he had received the outpouring of the Holy Spirit. Soon after this he was ministering in Vancouver where he ran many workshops and seminars about the work of the Holy Spirit.[2] This influenced tens of thousands of Anglicans world-wide and also began a renewal movement within the Roman Catholic and Orthodox churches."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charismatic_movement#Beginnings_1950-1975

Upvote 0

Zacharias

זכריה
Jun 18, 2004
✟12,721.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Fr. Rick is not "Roman Catholic." He is "Old Catholic." "Old Catholics" resemble the Episcopal Church.

On their website it says clearly:
Since you are not under the authority of the Pope then who is the head of your church?
Jesus Christ is the head of the Church and as proclaimed by the Early Church Fathers the Holy Spirit is the Vicar of
Christ. However, our parishes and clergy, like all other Catholic Communions, are under the guidance and authority
of a Bishop. Our denomination maintains valid lines of Apostolic Succession, which can be traced to the ancient
and undivided church. All clergy in the OCCNA are ordained by the “laying on of hands”.
http://www.oldcatholicchurch.org/index.html

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.