Katie Kieffer: Ben Carson is now a Politician. Share the Truth.

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Ben Carson: Now He’s a Politician | TownHall

Politics is a full-contact sport, but it’s not OK to hit below the belt. Ben Carson, Donald Trump and Marco Rubio spent last week blaming frontrunner Sen. Ted Cruz for a problem that originated from Team Carson’s own disorganization—even after media records and Iowa exit poll data cleared Cruz. Before you vote in your primary, you deserve the truth.

“You don’t have to be a politician to tell the truth,” Carson quipped in a recent debate. No, you don’t. So let’s start telling the truth. Unless you’re now a politician.
CNN’S DANA BASH: “Our Chris Moody is breaking this news, that Ben Carson is gonna go back to Florida, to his home…regardless of how he does… He’s going to go there for several days. And then afterwards, he’s not gonna go to New Hampshire. He’s not gonna go to South Carolina, he’s going to go to Washington D.C… [for] the National Prayer Breakfast … where he got himself on the political map. …Very unusual!”

CNN’S JAKE TAPPER: "Plus, he’s already announced that he’s going to be coming out and speaking at 9:15 local, 10:15 Eastern, no matter whether or not we know the results, because he wants to get home…"

BASH: "Look, if you want to be President of the United States, you don’t go home to Florida. …That’s the end of the story."

CNN didn’t do its homework in its haste to “break” a story. Instead, CNN led viewers to believe that a vote for Carson was a wasted vote. The bigger problem, however, is Carson’s response.
Now you know the rest of the story. Ben Carson is now a politician. Share the truth. The stakes are high.

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
The truth is that a vote for Carson probably was a wasted vote, and for the reasons given. The only real issue that I see with it is whether or not to characterize all of the facts as amounting to him downgrading his campaign to the life-support level. If I were an Iowa voter and about to cast my vote for Carson, thinking he could win the nomination, I'd consider this turn of events as a warning sign that Carson indeed was not in it for the long haul.

I notice that, in more recent days, a number of commentators have focused on the matter of him going home for a moment's rest and to get fresh clothes, but the news had also included him not going to New Hampshire or South Carolina. Well, if that's accurate, it is reasonable to conclude that he's no longer actively campaigning.

Reactions: NightHawkeye
Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
The truth is that a vote for Carson probably was a wasted vote, and for the reasons given. The only real issue that I see with it is whether or not to characterize all of the facts as amounting to him downgrading his campaign to the life-support level. If I were an Iowa voter and about to cast my vote for Carson, thinking he could win the nomination, I'd consider this turn of events as a warning sign that Carson indeed was not in it for the long haul.

I notice that, in more recent days, a number of commentators have focused on the matter of him going home for a moment's rest and to get fresh clothes, but the news had also included him not going to New Hampshire or South Carolina. Well, if that's accurate, it is reasonable to conclude that he's no longer actively campaigning.
The one thing which no one seems to have focused on is that the Cruz campaign was already telling potential caucus attendees not to waste their votes on candidates who had no chance of winning. They should have been more inclusive and simply told people directly not to waste their votes on Kasich, Bush, Carson, Fiorina, Paul or Christie.

Nobody would have batted an eye at that.
Winking_smiley.gif

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
The one thing which no one seems to have focused on is that the Cruz campaign was already telling potential caucus attendees not to waste their votes on candidates who had no chance of winning. They should have been more inclusive and simply told people directly not to waste their votes on Kasich, Bush, Carson, Fiorina, Paul or Christie.

Nobody would have batted an eye at that.
Winking_smiley.gif
I think that's true. A reasonable person would not consider it to be dirty politics if campaign workers said that their guy had more staying power than X, Y, and Z. They wouldn't expect it to be "verified" in advance--by contacting the other candidates!

Upvote 0