Redac

Jul 16, 2007
California
✟167,609.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I always got the impression that being Jewish was a rather incidental thing for Marx, and that he had a problem with the Jewish population identifying themselves ethno-religiously in that it was a barrier to the development to developing class consciousness among the working class.

If you actually read the Communist Manifesto (as you claim you have), you would recall the bit about how the working class has no country or nation.

I have no idea where you're getting these ideas that he was a Jewish nationalist.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Apr 19, 2013
✟7,649.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
Not quite sue Marx was wrong?
There are millions of starved, tortured and broken people and broken nations that prove Marx was wrong. Every time his ideas are employed the results are horrific.
Marx's ideas have the body count that proves them wrong.

Same goes for Jesus. Christian thought has spawned some of the most totalitarian regimes in history, such as Jean Calvins goverment in Geneva. Countless millions have been oppressed and died in the hands of the church and so called "christians".

That does not mean that the ideas of Jesus was evil. They were not. Was Jesus preached was good. And so was the teachings of Marx.

Neither Jesus or Marx can be judged on the basis of what christian churches and communist parties have practised.

Marx's ideas come down to - From each according to their ability to each according to their needs. This has proved to be among the very worst ways to organize a society.

I don't see how you could possibly be a christian if you don't accept the according to needs principle.

Upvote 0