Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
freewilly said:
I would like to know that myself.

....Oh, almost forgot. Wake up and enjoy the opportunities you have in this country THANKS to the color of your skin (I know you're black from another post). Affirmitive Action is a wonderful thing, isn't it? I know it sure got me a job. Paid for my college, too. Quit dwelling on the past. My grandparents didn't have it easy, either. But that was then, this is NOW.

Upvote 0

freewilly

Aug 18, 2005
✟15,726.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Democrat
DJ2005 said:
....Oh, almost forgot. Wake up and enjoy the opportunities you have in this country THANKS to the color of your skin (I know you're black from another post). Affirmitive Action is a wonderful thing, isn't it? I know it sure got me a job. Paid for my college, too. Quit dwelling on the past. My grandparents didn't have it easy, either. But that was then, this is NOW.

I do enjoy the opportunites in this country where did I state I didn't. The color of my skin has not gained me anything re: jobs or college.

Why am I dwelling on the past?

AA does not pay for anything.

Upvote 0

DJ2005

Mar 4, 2005
✟516.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
MORE85 said:
why is it when black ppl mention racism in america,whites get angry and claim there is no racism,AND THAT IT IS A FIGMENT OF BLACK PPL IMAGINATIONS?

It goes both ways, man. Black people think the same thing about whites who claim they've experienced racism. Even more so actually. Believe me, I'm from a VERY liberal black family. A lot of blacks actually think white people DESERVE racism against them because of what their ancestors had to endure in past years. But Dan the Man made a good point...paragraphs or not. There is racism all around us. Black people need to stop acting like they're the only ones who experience it. Call me an Uncle Tom... who cares?

Upvote 0
Sep 15, 2002
✟16,530.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
MORE85 said:
why is it when black ppl mention racism in america,whites get angry and claim there is no racism,AND THAT IT IS A FIGMENT OF BLACK PPL IMAGINATIONS?
Collective guilt they don't think they should have to bear.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Thirst_For_Knowledge

I Am A New Title
Jan 20, 2005
Michigan
Visit site
✟8,524.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Diane_Windsor said:
See my siggy.

Diane
:wave:

Your boycott seems to not be working. For the second week in a row, Kanye has the number one albumn in the nation. Boycotts against good artists for not agreeing with their views, never works.

It would be the same thing as me boycotting someone who makes good music, because they are Christian.

Upvote 0

Thirst_For_Knowledge

I Am A New Title
Jan 20, 2005
Michigan
Visit site
✟8,524.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
MidnightBlue said:
I can't understand why people get so upset with Kanye West -- but then, I can't understand why they disagree with him, either. What did he say on the Ellen Degeneres show that was so outrageous?

Heh, me either.

ETA: I don't personally like West's rapping style, but I think all this talk about boycotting means I should go and buy the CD. Perhaps he'll be number one for a third week.

Upvote 0

Diane_Windsor

Senior Contributor
Jun 29, 2004
✟27,907.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
thirstforknowledge said:
Your boycott seems to not be working. For the second week in a row, Kanye has the number one albumn in the nation. Boycotts against good artists for not agreeing with their views, never works.

I see that you did not read my siggy:

"Please join me and boycott this rapper for his inappropriate comments during an NBC concert to raise $$$ for Hurricane Katrina's victims. There is a time and place for dissent, and a concert was not it."

I'm not boycotting him because of his views, I am boycotting him because he chose to voice his opinions during a concert for hurricane relief. As my sig says there is a time and place for dissent, and a relief concert was not it. Every other celebrity behaved themselves during the concert, and went by the script and I'm not boycotting them.

If one fan decides not to buy his new CD then I will consider my boycott a success.

God Bless,
Diane
:wave:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Illuminite

God's Own Creation
Mar 10, 2005
UK
✟4,211.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Kanye W. has his right to say whatever he wants in this country.The thing is he's just destroying his own career by going political when he doesn't have anything to base his mouthing off on.I say give him the mic like the Dixie chicks and let em roar.It's their funeral.

Upvote 0

tqpix

Deist
Apr 18, 2004
Vancouver
✟16,046.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
freewilly said:
Dan the Man said:
Hey, I have no problem admitting racism does exist in America. And it WILL exist until the end of time. But it exists against ALL people. Growing up in a military family, I lived places (i.e. Durham,NC and Fitzgerald,GA) where I was basically the ONLY white kid in school. I had always been a popular kid, a great athlete. When I came to these schools, I was TORN apart! I mean I couldn't go a DAY without having some racial slur said against me. I made the football team, but ended up quitting just 2 weeks later because physical threats were being made to me and my family. I was miserable there. So you CANNOT tell me that racism doesn't exist in America. It sure as hell does... but not only against the BLACK MAN like people like to make a stink about. I tell you, being a white male in this country is a sad thing this day and age. Do you know how many times I got pushed to the back of the line when fighting for a position on the fire department. I had a college degree, spent 4 years w/ the Marine Corps and was a current Reservist, and had taken a fire academy already... I knew my sh..tuff. Yet, do you know HOW MANY 18,19,20 year old black KIDS with absolutely no experience whatsoever came in and were virtually hired over night??? It's the truth people. I know you like to deny it because the white man is evil. THe white man is who causes all the problems in this world. Right????? That's what you all try to imply time and again on your little posts. And the people who are the WORST as far as having this mentality are WHITE MEN themselves!!!!! Liberal white men (and women). Liberal white men and women who feel it is their duty in this world to protect the poor innocent black man. They don't possibly think racism could occur against a WHITE MAN. Oh no! And I know this because if they had ever experienced what I experienced, they couldn't be sitting there talking out of their rear-ends like they are right now. Racism exists, people. It exists against blacks, it exists against whites, it exists against asians, it exists against hispanics.... It exists- and that will NEVER CHANGE! As long as there are human beings on this planet, racism WILL EXIST. You can't change it. Now I think all of you need to stop with the whining like a bunch of babies and figure out what you are going to do to help the situation down in New Orleans. Because as far as I can see, most of you spend your entire life sitting right here in front of your darn computer acting all tough and enlightened and saying blame him, blame her, blame, blame, blame. I already told you on my other post...I've already been down there on a search and rescue team. I've helped out. You know what I saw? I saw a lot of chaos, yes... but that comes with ANY natural disaster.... but I also saw blacks helping whites, whites helping blacks, everyone helping everyone. It wasn't a race issue for those people, it was survival. It's you armchair critics and the liberal media at CNN who started with the racist balogne first. Thank you Wolf Blitzer, Sheperd Smith and Co. You REALLY know how to bring America together in times of tragedy!
Paragraphs would make this much easier to read.
Ditto. It's not good for my eyes.

Upvote 0

Try2Live4God

Sep 2, 2005
New York City
✟7,704.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I just think that they need to look at their local and state government before they blame the higher authorities. People are quick to make ignorant statements without knowing the facts....that's why Kanye West is an idiot. Someone should tell him to read first...it's fundamental! But I guess racism clouds his judgement!

Upvote 0