✟8,524.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
From the article

He said, "Back in the days when it was time to clean the kitchen I would try to sweep the dust under the kitchen sink instead of really taking care of it, and if you spilled something on that floor all that dust came right up in front of your face. That's basically what the flood did.

"They have been trying to sweep us (African-Americans) under the kitchen sink and it was so in people's faces and so on TV... that they couldn't even hide it any more.

"Down there, people are living below the poverty level to start off with, before this happened.

"A year ago I was on tour with USHER and we had a hurricane hit Florida and everybody was saying, 'If this hurricane went to Louisiana, if it went to Mississippi, they wouldn't be able to handle it.' (That was) a year ago - and there was nothing done about it."

Interesting, I agree with him. Perhaps someone else could explain why it took so long to get people to notice that there was a disaster here, compared to other disasters? Were people just really busy that week?

Upvote 0

CarrieAg93

Senior Veteran
Oct 18, 2004
Texas
✟19,397.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
A year ago FEMA officials did a diaster drill in New Orleans and warned the New Orleans officials that even a category 3 hurricane would be disasterous. One FEMA official said that the New Orleans officials involved with the drill took it lightly and even went as far as to laugh in their face. They also knew that the levys would probably not hold, but it would take up to 20 yrs. to fix the problem. Even if they had decided to do something it would have been too little, too late.

So why does Bush have to take the blame? He shouldn't. He offered federal aide to help evacuate people. He was denied. It is the local officials responsibility to activate the National Guard. I'm sure if people could find a rational way to blame Bush for actually creating the hurricane they would. Come on. Quit playing the blame game and use all your extra time and energy to help the victims.

Upvote 0

jsn112

Senior Veteran
Feb 5, 2004
✟5,679.00
Faith
Non-Denom
thirstforknowledge said:
From the article

He said, "Back in the days when it was time to clean the kitchen I would try to sweep the dust under the kitchen sink instead of really taking care of it, and if you spilled something on that floor all that dust came right up in front of your face. That's basically what the flood did.

"They have been trying to sweep us (African-Americans) under the kitchen sink and it was so in people's faces and so on TV... that they couldn't even hide it any more.

"Down there, people are living below the poverty level to start off with, before this happened.

"A year ago I was on tour with USHER and we had a hurricane hit Florida and everybody was saying, 'If this hurricane went to Louisiana, if it went to Mississippi, they wouldn't be able to handle it.' (That was) a year ago - and there was nothing done about it."

Interesting, I agree with him. Perhaps someone else could explain why it took so long to get people to notice that there was a disaster here, compared to other disasters? Were people just really busy that week?
How is this Bush's problem? The Democrats have been running the show in New Orleans for over 60 years! Is it a coincident that poverty exist? Is it a coincident that Cuba, North Korea, USSR, etc. and others who are practicing Marxism are/were in poverty?

Upvote 0

HeyHomie

Senior Veteran
Jul 8, 2005
Springfield, IL
✟4,386.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Kayne West is fully aware of the fact that every time he makes a controversial statement, microphones are recording it, cameras are snapping his picture, and his name is getting out there. It's a foolproof way to get publicity and sell CD's.

Upvote 0

Redguard

Make It So, Number One!
Oct 20, 2004
Toronto, Canada
Visit site
✟36,460.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Liberals
Reactions: MidnightBlue
Upvote 0

Redguard

Make It So, Number One!
Oct 20, 2004
Toronto, Canada
Visit site
✟36,460.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Liberals
jsn112 said:
It's called a message board. It is a debate forum. Racism goes both sides not just white. I know because I am a "minority." Heck, there's racism within a race.
....okay :scratch:

I don't see how your response relates to mine though.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jsn112

Senior Veteran
Feb 5, 2004
✟5,679.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Redguard said:
....okay :scratch:

I don't see how your response relates to mine though.
I was referring to your inferring that the other poster a racist when he was inferring that West is a racist as we are still living in a racist society that refuses to eliminate racism from all parties, if you know what I mean. Racism that is.

Upvote 0

Redguard

Make It So, Number One!
Oct 20, 2004
Toronto, Canada
Visit site
✟36,460.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Liberals
jsn112 said:
I was referring to your inferring that the other poster a racist when he was inferring that West is a racist as we are still living in a racist society that refuses to eliminate racism from all parties, if you know what I mean. Racism that is.
Ah... That was MUCH more clear! LOL

But honestly, I agree with you that our society is filled with racism. I think a lot of people try to turn a blind eye to situations and demand that they not be considered racist actions.

But what also bothers me here on CF are the threads that are created with (what I believe to be) intentions to create feelings of racial tension among the members on this website.

Upvote 0

jsn112

Senior Veteran
Feb 5, 2004
✟5,679.00
Faith
Non-Denom
MORE85 said:
why is it when black ppl mention racism in america,whites get angry and claim there is no racism,AND THAT IT IS A FIGMENT OF BLACK PPL IMAGINATIONS?
Because a lot of times there is no racism going on, black people want to start a racist card. Sometimes there's validity and sometimes there aren't. That's why a phrase "crying wolf" was invented when there aren't.

Upvote 0

Dan the Man

spoice
Nov 20, 2004
✟2,513.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Hey, I have no problem admitting racism does exist in America. And it WILL exist until the end of time. But it exists against ALL people. Growing up in a military family, I lived places (i.e. Durham,NC and Fitzgerald,GA) where I was basically the ONLY white kid in school. I had always been a popular kid, a great athlete. When I came to these schools, I was TORN apart! I mean I couldn't go a DAY without having some racial slur said against me. I made the football team, but ended up quitting just 2 weeks later because physical threats were being made to me and my family. I was miserable there. So you CANNOT tell me that racism doesn't exist in America. It sure as hell does... but not only against the BLACK MAN like people like to make a stink about. I tell you, being a white male in this country is a sad thing this day and age. Do you know how many times I got pushed to the back of the line when fighting for a position on the fire department. I had a college degree, spent 4 years w/ the Marine Corps and was a current Reservist, and had taken a fire academy already... I knew my sh..tuff. Yet, do you know HOW MANY 18,19,20 year old black KIDS with absolutely no experience whatsoever came in and were virtually hired over night??? It's the truth people. I know you like to deny it because the white man is evil. THe white man is who causes all the problems in this world. Right????? That's what you all try to imply time and again on your little posts. And the people who are the WORST as far as having this mentality are WHITE MEN themselves!!!!! Liberal white men (and women). Liberal white men and women who feel it is their duty in this world to protect the poor innocent black man. They don't possibly think racism could occur against a WHITE MAN. Oh no! And I know this because if they had ever experienced what I experienced, they couldn't be sitting there talking out of their rear-ends like they are right now. Racism exists, people. It exists against blacks, it exists against whites, it exists against asians, it exists against hispanics.... It exists- and that will NEVER CHANGE! As long as there are human beings on this planet, racism WILL EXIST. You can't change it. Now I think all of you need to stop with the whining like a bunch of babies and figure out what you are going to do to help the situation down in New Orleans. Because as far as I can see, most of you spend your entire life sitting right here in front of your darn computer acting all tough and enlightened and saying blame him, blame her, blame, blame, blame. I already told you on my other post...I've already been down there on a search and rescue team. I've helped out. You know what I saw? I saw a lot of chaos, yes... but that comes with ANY natural disaster.... but I also saw blacks helping whites, whites helping blacks, everyone helping everyone. It wasn't a race issue for those people, it was survival. It's you armchair critics and the liberal media at CNN who started with the racist balogne first. Thank you Wolf Blitzer, Sheperd Smith and Co. You REALLY know how to bring America together in times of tragedy!

Reactions: Avatar
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

jsn112

Senior Veteran
Feb 5, 2004
✟5,679.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Dan the Man said:
Hey, I have no problem admitting racism does exist in America. And it WILL exist until the end of time. But it exists against ALL people. Growing up in a military family, I lived places (i.e. Durham,NC and Fitzgerald,GA) where I was basically the ONLY white kid in school. I had always been a popular kid, a great athlete. When I came to these schools, I was TORN apart! I mean I couldn't go a DAY without having some racial slur said against me. I made the football team, but ended up quitting just 2 weeks later because physical threats were being made to me and my family. I was miserable there. So you CANNOT tell me that racism doesn't exist in America. It sure as hell does... but not only against the BLACK MAN like people like to make a stink about. I tell you, being a white male in this country is a sad thing this day and age. Do you know how many times I got pushed to the back of the line when fighting for a position on the fire department. I had a college degree, spent 4 years w/ the Marine Corps and was a current Reservist, and had taken a fire academy already... I knew my sh..tuff. Yet, do you know HOW MANY 18,19,20 year old black KIDS with absolutely no experience whatsoever came in and were virtually hired over night??? It's the truth people. I know you like to deny it because the white man is evil. THe white man is who causes all the problems in this world. Right????? That's what you all try to imply time and again on your little posts. And the people who are the WORST as far as having this mentality are WHITE MEN themselves!!!!! Liberal white men (and women). Liberal white men and women who feel it is their duty in this world to protect the poor innocent black man. They don't possibly think racism could occur against a WHITE MAN. Oh no! And I know this because if they had ever experienced what I experienced, they couldn't be sitting there talking out of their rear-ends like they are right now. Racism exists, people. It exists against blacks, it exists against whites, it exists against asians, it exists against hispanics.... It exists- and that will NEVER CHANGE! As long as there are human beings on this planet, racism WILL EXIST. You can't change it. Now I think all of you need to stop with the whining like a bunch of babies and figure out what you are going to do to help the situation down in New Orleans. Because as far as I can see, most of you spend your entire life sitting right here in front of your darn computer acting all tough and enlightened and saying blame him, blame her, blame, blame, blame. I already told you on my other post...I've already been down there on a search and rescue team. I've helped out. You know what I saw? I saw a lot of chaos, yes... but that comes with ANY natural disaster.... but I also saw blacks helping whites, whites helping blacks, everyone helping everyone. It wasn't a race issue for those people, it was survival. It's you armchair critics and the liberal media at CNN who started with the racist balogne first. Thank you Wolf Blitzer, Sheperd Smith and Co. You REALLY know how to bring America together in times of tragedy!
:thumbsup:

***MOD EDIT Rules Reminder***

# If you quote someone, you have to say something that adds to the discussion. Putting a smiley and nothing else, to show your support, does not count. This rule also prohibits posting a smiley to flame, belittle, bait another member, or in any way break any of the forum rules.

Upvote 0

just_dance

Nothing But The Blood
Jul 26, 2004
✟1,461.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Dan the Man said:
same way with our scholl but the majority ifs white but the east indians are like that if your not there friend and arn't sucking up to them than your ractis

Upvote 0