Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Donkeytron said:
Two words: Harriet Miers.
Yep. And Ginsburg should be just like her. Working in other places then the Supreme court.

Does anyone notice how this story minimized the fact that she dozed? It was a side note.
Let the case be a democratic pet case and
a Conservative justice "dozing" and It would be the main story, and the case involved would have been a side note.

They are human, and sometimes we get tired. But a professional should know when to ask for something to wake them up, do something to wake up, or to ask for a break.

Jurors are found in contempt for doing this.
Why not judges? A judges job is to watch the jurors and themselves to know when to break.

Reminder this is not a discussion forum, so I have limited my comments to the story and tried to avoid the politics.

Upvote 0
A

Amazingdave

Billnew said:

Yep. And Ginsburg should be just like her. Working in other places then the Supreme court.

Does anyone notice how this story minimized the fact that she dozed? It was a side note.
Let the case be a democratic pet case and
a Conservative justice "dozing" and It would be the main story, and the case involved would have been a side note.

They are human, and sometimes we get tired. But a professional should know when to ask for something to wake them up, do something to wake up, or to ask for a break.

Jurors are found in contempt for doing this.
Why not judges? A judges job is to watch the jurors and themselves to know when to break.

Reminder this is not a discussion forum, so I have limited my comments to the story and tried to avoid the politics.
These cases are too important to have judges taking a snooze. I understand that we are all human. But when you accept a call to that high an office, missed testimony could be crucial in deciding a case. She could always play back the audio. I just dont see that having the same effect as hearing counsel present their arguments pro and con on the case.

Upvote 0

ThruChrist4Given

Mar 20, 2005
✟7,727.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Upvote 0

MethodMan

Legend
Site Supporter
Jun 24, 2004
NW Pennsylvania
✟61,785.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The subject matter was extremely technical, and near the end of the argument Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg dozed in her chair. Justices David Souter and Samuel Alito, who flank the 72-year-old, looked at her but did not give her a nudge.

I am shocked that the libs haven't lodged a compliant against Souter & Alito for not waking her.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Harpuia

Oldie... very very oldie...
Nov 9, 2004
Undisclosed
✟27,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
MethodMan said:
The subject matter was extremely technical, and near the end of the argument Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg dozed in her chair. Justices David Souter and Samuel Alito, who flank the 72-year-old, looked at her but did not give her a nudge.

I am shocked that the libs haven't lodged a compliant against Souter & Alito for not waking her.

Maybe they thought she was imagining the situation?

Upvote 0

Harpuia

Oldie... very very oldie...
Nov 9, 2004
Undisclosed
✟27,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
BlessedMan said:
You notice none of the guys fell asleep when Anna Nicole walked in the other day. Maybe we need more cases of former playboy bunnies "inheriting" large fortunes from their sugar daddies to liven things up.

Ginsberg's not a guy.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AirPo

with a Touch of Grey
Oct 31, 2003
✟169,357.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

AirPo

with a Touch of Grey
Oct 31, 2003
✟169,357.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
MethodMan said:

I'm shocked it took until page two to get a good liberal bashing post.

Upvote 0