South Carolina
✟94,571.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I just turned 40 and I wondered about it. I still can't get over being a decade older. By the way, should I worry about being a middle aged woman? I can't say that because I feel like I am still young. I thought I was going to be worried once I turned 40, but the opposite happened. It feels great just to be alive. Has anyone else felt that way once they turned 40 or is did turning 40 had the opposite effect from what I had?

Aeryn Sun

Episcopalian
Jan 2, 2016
Costa Mesa, CA
✟15,127.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
Am new to CF. Hello everyone! I just wanted to drop in and say that after turning 40 life didn't change dramatically. I didn't feel any much difference from last year except for energy level. I think it's the energy level is not the same as before but other than that I am amazed that I made it to 40. I wish to celebrate 40 while it lasts. :)

Upvote 0

royal priest

debtor to grace
Nov 1, 2015
Northeast, USA
✟188,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I'll be 40 in April. Thankfully, I don't feel that much different from when I was 30. At least not as different as 30 felt from 20! I think that's because from 20 to 30 I had pushed myself to extremes but since then I've slowed down considerably. I remain active, but am careful to no longer ignore when I need rest. Although God has enabled me to mature in important ways, I try to have as much fun as I can. Not for the sake of having fun so much as to be an example for others to see what it means to honor God through the good things He gives to us. Ecclesiastes 11:9.

Upvote 0

Josh3908

Dec 27, 2005
Naboo
✟15,608.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I'm 43, one of my students thought I was 23 this week, a college sophmore at my church thought I was 26, another of my students thought I was 22, a lot of people still think I'm in my twenties. I'm single workout a lot, practice karate and play baseball. I admit I do moisturize my face everyday and have been for 20 years, I'm toned and skinny so I guess I am blessed with a young physique and I still have tons of energy, I guess I am blessed with youthfulness, 2 of my best friends are only 18, (though ive only known them 5 months), I dress like I'm 20, cos I can because I have the physique and youthful looks for it. My psychiatrist also told me I was mentally & emotionally immature (thats a whole other story) so to everyone around me they just see me as a young adult and not a middle aged man, Ive only been going to my church for 2 and half years and havent told anyone how old I am and don't, I wanted to be treated for who I am not how old. We have a group for young adults, students, 20's to 30 ish which I go to and nobody thinks its weird as no one know how old I am. The thing that bothers me most about being in my 40's is that when I'm 60, my 18 year old friends will be only 35, and I also wonder how long my youth will last, I guess I never expected to be seen as a young adult by everyone I know at 43. I am very grateful for it. I sure as don't feel older than 20 though my psychiatrist said I exhibit behaviors of someone between the ages of 15 to 23. I guess having special ed & mental issues aint all bad. I still love going to concerts and being right at the front jumping around with all these really young people this month I'm going to 5 shows and can't wait, I listen to the same music as my younger friends I left the 80's back in the 80's, not that I care to remember them. I guess I'm like my momma she is 77 and looks 57.

Upvote 0