Alberta, Canada
✟8,916.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So my daughter is 7, in Grade 2 and the light of my life.
But lately... I am just so tired of the dealing of a single parent. Her dad doesn't help at all financially - truthfully not even sure where he is or if he is alive. She has been crying at night cause she misses him. (Was 4 when I left him) and she cries because she wants company. I work full time, am searching for a new job, and don't drive, so by the time I get home I am exhausted and can barely get her fed let alone spend time with her.
I feel so bad that I can't give her more of a normal life. For a while right after the split I thought about giving her up because I didn't think I was going to be able to do this. Well I have proved myself wrong which is a blessing... but like I said, I am just so tired.

She is seeing a councilor at school, I am seeing my pastor for sessions. And I am trying to make more friends. But since all I do is work - its beyond hard to do that.

Any ideas? Please. I am a little desperate - she deserves more than this.

Jan 28, 2015
✟15,113.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I know exactly how you feel. I found this site because I was desperate to have just somebody I could talk to. I have a two year old who is very very hyper! I get home from work super tired.I have no car either so I know what you're talking about. Its very hard and all I know to do is ask God to help me get through. I don't know of anything else to do. I hope something works out for you. If you need to just talk I'm here.��

Upvote 0

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟321,445.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Classmates. Girl Scouts, local girls club or the way trends are going the YMCA.

One of my younger brothers friends was being raised by his grandmother. She did an excellent job of providing for his needs, but there is no way she could fill in as his friend.

Your daughter needs friends, not a parent that tries to be both parent and friend.

Back when I was a kid it was firmly the norm that kids had 2 parents. Charley, the kid being raised by his grandmother, was in my brother's class in school. That would be 5th grade. Our YMCA club had formed in the first grade and the core kids were still the same. No problem, none of the kids cared in the slightest that Charley was a new kid or that his family situation was different. Perhaps parents did, but I doubt it.

Find something and something fun.

Upvote 0

Messy

Jan 30, 2011
Holland
✟21,082.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So my daughter is 7, in Grade 2 and the light of my life.
But lately... I am just so tired of the dealing of a single parent. Her dad doesn't help at all financially - truthfully not even sure where he is or if he is alive. She has been crying at night cause she misses him. (Was 4 when I left him) and she cries because she wants company. I work full time, am searching for a new job, and don't drive, so by the time I get home I am exhausted and can barely get her fed let alone spend time with her.
I feel so bad that I can't give her more of a normal life. For a while right after the split I thought about giving her up because I didn't think I was going to be able to do this. Well I have proved myself wrong which is a blessing... but like I said, I am just so tired.

She is seeing a councilor at school, I am seeing my pastor for sessions. And I am trying to make more friends. But since all I do is work - its beyond hard to do that.

Any ideas? Please. I am a little desperate - she deserves more than this.

Do you really have to work fulltime? I work 3 days a week and live in a 2 room apartment with three kids, but maybe the rent is lower here.

Upvote 0