Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,745.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Please if anyone sees this. I have a close family member on the way to the hospital. I'm very concerned. Prayers very much appreciated. I don't feel very "effectual, fervent, or righteous" at the moment. Thanks so much.

Reactions: seashale76
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,745.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Thank you. She is doing better. Though now I need to check on my niece ... she was on her way to the emergency room as well and had emergency surgery.

What a week.

Honestly, I'm beginning to wonder if there's something about planning to join the Church that hasn't stirred up all kinds of trouble. That might sound silly, but if it weren't unwise, perhaps, to list all my recent problems here and I did it, everyone would probably think I was lying or else I was trying to write a script for a bad soap opera or something. It's almost funny, if it wasn't my life.

It came very close to pushing me into a despair that I haven't felt before. And I've been in extremely difficult situations before. More than once I've lost everything that mattered to me, and the people I loved most at the same time. Usually I turn to God even more in such circumstances, but this time was harder than before (though the circumstances were different - more personal now).

Anyway, my the specifics of my situation were not what I wanted to talk about. But it seems that the closer I get to joining the Church, the more "all hell breaks loose" - or at least that's what it feels like. And it really did affect me too much this time.

I'm ok again though. There are still difficulties. There are still losses. There are still hardships. There are still things I need to do, and things I can't do, and things where there is no right thing to do. But I'm ok now. I'm not even sure why, but yesterday I went back to my own home Church (I have LOVED getting to visit other Churches and meet wonderful folks - some from TAW and some new people - that was really great, and I've always wanted to see other Orthodox Churches!) ... but being back to my "family"meant more to me than I realized. People I don't even really know missed me!

I think we have a plan to get my husband and myself living in the same state again, hopefully within a year, without losing our house and letting us at least visit every month or two.

And I spent all day at Church, working on making cookies whose name I can't remember, but they are delicious! For the Greek Fest. Listening to the the yia-yias bicker a little over recipes, and being exposed to gossip I'd rather not, and knowing that the people who make up my "family" are not perfect, but I love them dearly. :)

And somehow, between the Divine Liturgy yesterday morning, and finally being able to sit down for a minute tonight with every part of my body aching - it's ok now. God is good.

Though it makes me wonder what else might happen. Fr. M. is satisfied and will receive me into the Church anytime now, and to be honest, I feel like I badly need the Sacraments, and I want to go forward. But for practicality's sake - since my Baptism can't be located, and the Festival is coming up, and Fr. will be out of town next week for a conference, it will probably still take some time.

Sorry, I know I'm rambling.

My point is, I wonder if it's weird to think that EVERYthing seems to go wrong, the closer I get to joining the Church! It seems like every step forward is met with a LOT of troubles!

Upvote 0

Anhelyna

Handmaid of God
CF Senior Ambassador
Supporter
Nov 29, 2005
Glasgow , Scotland
✟1,288,670.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Kylissa

If you read threads here you will find that all that's affecting you is perfectly 'normal'

The man 'downstairs' doesn't want you uniting with the family of the Man 'upstairs' and this is his way of trying to stop it. :)

Hang in there - it will pass and the wait and trauma will all be worth it - I had 9 months of sheer h... trying to sort things out so I could become Greek Catholic - but oh it was worth it. The joy and peace and feeling of being 'fed' after my Chrismation and Communion for the first time the following day - you'll never forget that.

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟235,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Thank you. She is doing better. Though now I need to check on my niece ... she was on her way to the emergency room as well and had emergency surgery.

What a week.

Honestly, I'm beginning to wonder if there's something about planning to join the Church that hasn't stirred up all kinds of trouble. That might sound silly, but if it weren't unwise, perhaps, to list all my recent problems here and I did it, everyone would probably think I was lying or else I was trying to write a script for a bad soap opera or something. It's almost funny, if it wasn't my life.

It came very close to pushing me into a despair that I haven't felt before. And I've been in extremely difficult situations before. More than once I've lost everything that mattered to me, and the people I loved most at the same time. Usually I turn to God even more in such circumstances, but this time was harder than before (though the circumstances were different - more personal now).

Anyway, my the specifics of my situation were not what I wanted to talk about. But it seems that the closer I get to joining the Church, the more "all hell breaks loose" - or at least that's what it feels like. And it really did affect me too much this time.

I'm ok again though. There are still difficulties. There are still losses. There are still hardships. There are still things I need to do, and things I can't do, and things where there is no right thing to do. But I'm ok now. I'm not even sure why, but yesterday I went back to my own home Church (I have LOVED getting to visit other Churches and meet wonderful folks - some from TAW and some new people - that was really great, and I've always wanted to see other Orthodox Churches!) ... but being back to my "family"meant more to me than I realized. People I don't even really know missed me!

I think we have a plan to get my husband and myself living in the same state again, hopefully within a year, without losing our house and letting us at least visit every month or two.

And I spent all day at Church, working on making cookies whose name I can't remember, but they are delicious! For the Greek Fest. Listening to the the yia-yias bicker a little over recipes, and being exposed to gossip I'd rather not, and knowing that the people who make up my "family" are not perfect, but I love them dearly. :)

And somehow, between the Divine Liturgy yesterday morning, and finally being able to sit down for a minute tonight with every part of my body aching - it's ok now. God is good.

Though it makes me wonder what else might happen. Fr. M. is satisfied and will receive me into the Church anytime now, and to be honest, I feel like I badly need the Sacraments, and I want to go forward. But for practicality's sake - since my Baptism can't be located, and the Festival is coming up, and Fr. will be out of town next week for a conference, it will probably still take some time.

Sorry, I know I'm rambling.

My point is, I wonder if it's weird to think that EVERYthing seems to go wrong, the closer I get to joining the Church! It seems like every step forward is met with a LOT of troubles!
May the Lord have mercy upon you!

Through the prayers of the Mother of God, Lord Jesus Christ have mercy upon you and save you. :crossrc:

Upvote 0