• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Just kind of tired in my journey~Venting my struggle is all~

NewSong

♪♫♫♪♫
Nov 8, 2004
✟47,207.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
crossrunner said:
:hug: :hug:
God bless you dear. I'll be praying for you!

cr
Those prayers are priceless and most readily accepted by me. Thank you so much for your prayers. God Bless you Crossrunner~ Thanks for all you do and who you are here. Thank you for being you! God Bless you! :)

Upvote 0

crossrunner

Serving the Lord joyfully since 1981!
Aug 8, 2004
Raleigh, North Carolina
✟24,117.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
NewSong said:
Those prayers are priceless and most readily accepted by me. Thank you so much for your prayers. God Bless you Crossrunner~ Thanks for all you do and who you are here. Thank you for being you! God Bless you! :)
:) Hang in there dear.

Upvote 0

NewSong

♪♫♫♪♫
Nov 8, 2004
✟47,207.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi Crossrunner~
Not quite as zoned as I was the other day. I am doing much better than I was~ For some reason, I am very tired and that is about all I know but I keep working and there are a few things that I need answers to prayer on that I know that I need to chill about and take confidence in God that He will answer prayer in regards to~ Thank you for asking !:)

NewSong

Upvote 0

crossrunner

Serving the Lord joyfully since 1981!
Aug 8, 2004
Raleigh, North Carolina
✟24,117.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I'm continuing to pray for you. The Lord has really put you on my heart.

Some Bible verses to encourage you (I don't know your struggle and I don't want to know...the important thing is that God knows and cares):

Psalms 4:6-8 6 There are many who say, "Who will show us any good?" Lord, lift up the light of Your countenance upon us. 7 You have put gladness in my heart, More than in the season that their grain and wine increased. 8 I will both lie down in peace, and sleep; For You alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety.
Psalm 12:5"They that sow in tears shall reap in joy."

Psalm 32:11"Be glad in the LORD, and rejoice, ye righteous: and shout for joy, all ye that are upright in heart."

Isaiah 49:13"Sing, O heavens; and be joyful, O earth; and break forth into singing, O mountains: for the LORD hath comforted his people, and will have mercy upon his afflicted."

God bless you sweetie

Upvote 0

carmi

Nov 1, 2004
✟16,723.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
NewSong said:
I am doing much better than I was~ For some reason, I am very tired and that is about all I know but I keep working and there are a few things that I need answers to prayer on that I know that I need to chill about and take confidence in God that He will answer prayer in regards to~ Thank you for asking !:)
It's not supposed to be a stupid question (although it does sound like one): can you sleep? I don't know what you are going through but sometimes the very things we are going through are those things that keep us from sleeping. I am frequently jag lagged because there are nights I don't sleep at all and it turns my days into nights and vice versa. Which is impossible because of work - so I need to stretch long hours ... in other words it is a vicious cycle.

I do hope and pray that you can sleep.

Upvote 0

NewSong

♪♫♫♪♫
Nov 8, 2004
✟47,207.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
carmi said:
It's not supposed to be a stupid question (although it does sound like one): can you sleep? I don't know what you are going through but sometimes the very things we are going through are those things that keep us from sleeping. I am frequently jag lagged because there are nights I don't sleep at all and it turns my days into nights and vice versa. Which is impossible because of work - so I need to stretch long hours ... in other words it is a vicious cycle.

I do hope and pray that you can sleep.
I actually do go to sleep but I am tired mentally. Have you ever just tried to get away from mental exhaustion? There are a lot of things that are weighty and there has been physical exhaustion too but I seem to get enough sleep to accomodate that even if it is only 6 hours and sometimes it is less or more but I do get sleep. Thanks for your very kind post.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

NewSong

♪♫♫♪♫
Nov 8, 2004
✟47,207.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
crossrunner said:
I'm continuing to pray for you. The Lord has really put you on my heart.

Some Bible verses to encourage you (I don't know your struggle and I don't want to know...the important thing is that God knows and cares):

Psalms 4:6-8 6 There are many who say, "Who will show us any good?" Lord, lift up the light of Your countenance upon us. 7 You have put gladness in my heart, More than in the season that their grain and wine increased. 8 I will both lie down in peace, and sleep; For You alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety.
Psalm 12:5"They that sow in tears shall reap in joy."

Psalm 32:11"Be glad in the LORD, and rejoice, ye righteous: and shout for joy, all ye that are upright in heart."

Isaiah 49:13"Sing, O heavens; and be joyful, O earth; and break forth into singing, O mountains: for the LORD hath comforted his people, and will have mercy upon his afflicted."

God bless you sweetie

Thank you so much for your post Crossrunner! Gratefully appreciated.

NewSong

Upvote 0

carmi

Nov 1, 2004
✟16,723.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
NewSong said:
I actually do go to sleep but I am tired mentally. Have you ever just tried to get away from mental exhaustion?
Then I know how you feel. I found out mental tiredness is similar to physical tiredness in one aspect:

Did you ever got over a sleepiness point? For some reason or another you could not get to sleep at that moment/hour and you had to keep yourself awake. Then, when your work is done and you have time to lay down, you find you are hyper and can't sleep. You stay awake for several more hours.

I have noticed the same with mental tiredness. Trying to get away from it is detrimental (no pun intended). Because that requires exercises, mental exercise and that might keep you up and busy.

Upvote 0

NewSong

♪♫♫♪♫
Nov 8, 2004
✟47,207.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
carmi said:
Then I know how you feel. I found out mental tiredness is similar to physical tiredness in one aspect:

Did you ever got over a sleepiness point? For some reason or another you could not get to sleep at that moment/hour and you had to keep yourself awake. Then, when your work is done and you have time to lay down, you find you are hyper and can't sleep. You stay awake for several more hours.

I have noticed the same with mental tiredness. Trying to get away from it is detrimental (no pun intended). Because that requires exercises, mental exercise and that might keep you up and busy.
I hope you will forgive me but I actually deleted the material that related to this thread and prefer not to rehash it so with that I am just going to say a great big God Bless you~ I didn't leave it on here for a lot of reasons and one was I thought better of it after I posted it and two was that I rethought what I wrote and didn't want it on here. Thanks for caring though. :)

:)

NewSong

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TheMainException

Senior Veteran
Jun 13, 2004
In my universe
✟19,228.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
perfection said:
If you can't sleep well, try to get rid of any disturbing noises or other bugging factors in your vacinity. Be sure you get 8 to 9 hours a sleep every day, and get a regular pattern in your life, May God bless you.
Good advice!

Upvote 0