Just bad luck or God's Will. You make the call.

JGL53

Senior Veteran
Dec 25, 2005
Mississippi
✟14,276.00
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Religious Book Seller Struck By Lightning
(CBS) HIALEAHA man making a trip from Puerto Rico to South Florida to raise money for his religious education remains hospitalized Monday after he was struck down by a bolt of lightning which flew from clear blue sky on Sunday. He was selling religious materials when he was hit.
http://cbs5.com/watercooler/watercooler_story_190140139.html

JGL53

Senior Veteran
Dec 25, 2005
Mississippi
✟14,276.00
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
You're nearly a month late with this headline. :p

Sorry. I'm sure that a report of such an entertaining circumstance of death was reprinted more than once. I saw the article today for the first time in our local free alternative paper "The Jackson Free Press" in the "Stranger Than Fiction" news section.

BTW, I'm surprised no one here has conjectured yet that "the spirit in the sky" struck down this unfortunate because he was promoting the wrong religion?

Nah - forget that - I would have been hit the head 30 years ago if the divine was that touchy. :)

Upvote 0

Stinker

Senior Veteran
Sep 23, 2004
Overland Park, KS.
✟4,880.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
God allows many things to just happen. Sometimes the way injury or death occurs leads many to believe that God does not intervene on earth. Then there are the times in certain situations that it certainly seems that there was divine intervention.

Trying to accept the fact that God allowed certain terrible situations to play out, is most difficult. Many just cannot, and either become Deists or Atheists.

Upvote 0

JGL53

Senior Veteran
Dec 25, 2005
Mississippi
✟14,276.00
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
...Trying to accept the fact that God allowed certain terrible situations to play out, is most difficult. Many just cannot, and either become Deists or Atheists.

Or Pantheists - that works too. Anything is better than believing an all-powerful monster created and rules over the universe. That concept really sucks.

Upvote 0