Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 26, 2003
Visit site
✟80,681.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Hello

I found some answers in the Thread Who Controls the Nations of the World interesting.

Since it is the opinion of many God controls everyone's actions including the devil are we not just pawns who have no choice but to follow God's plan for us.

If I have not free will can I not stand before the throne of Judgement and defend myself, God made me do it, what choice did I have against the will of God.

Last edited:

LaSpino3

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
✟2,160.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Politics
US-Republican
Ahhhhh, no! Our free choice and God knowing what choices we will make before hand only means that He (God) knew what you would do and the choices you will make even before you made it?

Knowing every turn, every twist in the road God has already made His plans using as a guide his knowledge of the future, every individual choice and every action by all people to set his decisions in the right place and at the right time.

He knows Satan's heart, and knows what He will do in any situation that is set before him, therefore God can plan around these choices in order to counter them concerning his own will.

Example, if I knew beforehand the results of a particular horse race, and if by this knowledge I could declare beforehand what each jockey was going to do in that race well before he did it, could I be held responsible for what they do, or should have done? And because they did not make the correct decisions can you blame me? Or can you give me credit for the correct decisions the winning jockey made? And in this, should I be held responsible for the results?

Now because I know beforehand the results, I could make plans ahead of time concerning how I was going to spend the money, because I also knew how much money I would win from my bet because I knew the results.

Maybe my example is bad, but you know what I mean! Ah, probably should have stopped after the first sentence!

Phil LaSpino

Upvote 0

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
God doesn't control everyone's actions! This is not the point...the point is God's omniscience! He knows the beginning from the end...what you, I or anyone else will do! That would be the point.

To try and venture into the thoughts, control, and power of God is simply an exercise in futility. Far better it is...for us to simply bow to what He reveals of Himself in ways we can understand...yet cannot fathom!!

:thumbsup: :amen: :clap:

Upvote 0

Just The Facts

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 26, 2003
Visit site
✟80,681.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Hi Phil

I agree 100% I was trying to point out how ridiculous the belief is that God controls everyone's actions.

No one gets to stand before the throne of Judgement and say God made me do it.

Free will is God's gift to all. How you use it is your decision. Use it wisely.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

xXChristPeripheralXx

Nov 27, 2013
✟1,337.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
God doesnt control us, he empowers us in Spirit..

Trying to figure out how God operates on his level is pointless..

Isa 55:8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.
Isa 55:9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

Upvote 0