Senior Veteran
Nov 21, 2004
✟17,687.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
shernren said:
That's why a virus doesn't HAVE defence mechanisms. It only faces two possible dangers:

1. That when it hijacks the cell, the cell will not allow it to reproduce. Which is precisely what antivirals do, and as far as I know there isn't a single virus immune to antivirals (they aren't used not because they aren't effective but because they are expensive. Only "big" diseases like AIDS merit their use.).
FYI: A number of viruses are resistant to antivirals, big worry vis-a-vis possible influenza pandemic.

Upvote 0

shernren

you are not reading this.
Feb 17, 2005
Shah Alam, Selangor
Visit site
✟26,381.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
In Relationship
Being as it is an extreme as far as complexity.

I can't parse a sentence without both subject and relevant context. (At least this one doesn't appear to have either.)

IOW = in other words.

FYI: A number of viruses are resistant to antivirals, big worry vis-a-vis possible influenza pandemic.

Oh. I stand corrected, then. Which?

Upvote 0

shernren

you are not reading this.
Feb 17, 2005
Shah Alam, Selangor
Visit site
✟26,381.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
In Relationship
Because a virus is so incomplex it has an ability to defend that a complex organism does not.

What are you trying to say? That viruses are so simple that they are able to defend themselves from things that complex organisms cannot? That says nothing about whether or not they speciate. Stay focussed.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

random_guy

Senior Veteran
Jan 30, 2005
✟3,457.00
Faith
Christian
david_x said:
They are able to defend themselves in a way that complex organisms cannot.

What do you mean? Viruses have no metabolic system (unless in a cell) so it makes sense that certain things that affect bacteria doesn't affect viruses. That's no more an ability than the lack of seeing so that you don't go blind when you see an ugly chick naked an ability.

Upvote 0

david_x

I So Hate Consequences!!!!
Dec 24, 2004
Indiana
✟21,439.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
What do you mean? Viruses have no metabolic system (unless in a cell) so it makes sense that certain things that affect bacteria doesn't affect viruses. That's no more an ability than the lack of seeing so that you don't go blind when you see an ugly chick naked an ability.

are you even reading what i post?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.