May 16, 2015
✟120,508.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
I can understand why Jewish scholars avoid the implications of the Jubilee count, but for the life of me, I cannot understand why more Christians have not explored it through the Bible. It counts like clockwork from Moses to Jesus, the Anointed One.

What is your take on the correlation (Reason #3) between a 49/50 year Jubilee and Shavuot (counting of 7 weeks) beginning at Passover/Unleavened Bread (49 days). With the 50 day Omer Count beginning on Resurrection Day. Shouldn't this correlation be common ground for both Messianic Judaism and Christianity.

Reason #3 - The Jubilee count was not meant to be extended past Messiah!

Do you know of any author/book expounding upon the deeper meaning/correlation of these two events?

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
What is your take on the correlation (Reason #3) between a 49/50 year Jubilee and Shavuot (counting of 7 weeks) beginning at Passover/Unleavened Bread (49 days). With the 50 day Omer Count beginning on Resurrection Day. Shouldn't this correlation be common ground for both Messianic Judaism and Christianity.

Reason #3 - The Jubilee count was not meant to be extended past Messiah!

Do you know of any author/book expounding upon the deeper meaning/correlation of these two events?
Where do you get that idea... Is the Jubilee a rehearsal.. and therefore will be a memorial once it has been fulfilled?

Reactions: dfw69
Upvote 0

AbbaLove

Circumcism Of The Heart
May 16, 2015
✟120,508.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Where do you get that idea... Is the Jubilee a rehearsal.. and therefore will be a memorial once it has been fulfilled?
Definition of JUBILEE (Merriam-Webstwer)
1)
often capitalized : a year of emancipation and restoration provided by ancient Hebrew law to be kept every 50 years by the emancipation of Hebrew slaves, restoration of alienated lands to their former owners, and omission of all cultivation of the land
2)
a : a special anniversary; especially : a 50th anniversary
b : a celebration of such an anniversary​

Messianic Jewish Christians still honor and celebrate the Spring Feasts as a "memorial" since they have been fulfilled.

Reactions: visionary
Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
Definition of JUBILEE (Merriam-Webstwer)
1)
often capitalized : a year of emancipation and restoration provided by ancient Hebrew law to be kept every 50 years by the emancipation of Hebrew slaves, restoration of alienated lands to their former owners, and omission of all cultivation of the land
2)
a : a special anniversary; especially : a 50th anniversary
b : a celebration of such an anniversary​

Messianic Jewish Christians still honor and celebrate the Spring Feasts as a "memorial" since they have been fulfilled.
Yep.. and will continue to celebrate the Jubilee throughout eternity as a memorial of release from sin and death.

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
Yeshua told us to heed the seat of Moses (the Rabbinic majority that kept the traditional and correct calendar). Not only are you promoting a different calendar, but even invalidating your own Essene calendar.

The true Yovelim are not ended. They are still supposed to be counted and when the millennial age begins, they will be put into full practice.

However I hope you are right about the Essene practices coming to a permanent end...
Thought you might like to read this regarding the seat of Moses and what exactly Yeshua was telling us to heed. http://www.ancient-hebrew.org/m/articles_pharisees.html

Upvote 0

Hoshiyya

Spenglerian
Mar 5, 2013
✟24,676.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Thought you might like to read this regarding the seat of Moses and what exactly Yeshua was telling us to heed. http://www.ancient-hebrew.org/m/articles_pharisees.html

Your article opens with a big picture of the Pharisees as portrayed in the Passion of the Christ. Not a good signal of the site/author's objectivity.

Here is how your article suggests we read the verse:

"The scribes and the Pharisees have seated themselves in the chair of Moses; therefore all that he tells you, do and observe, but do not do according to their deeds; for they say things, and do not do them".

This is plainly an illogical reading.

First of all the text does not actually say this.

But secondly, this suggested reading makes no sense. It looks like an edited sentence, as it is. The switch from 3rd person singular to 3rd person plural is completely unnatural, in any language. To say it "could" be phrased like this is to ignore the fact that if one wanted to communicate the message suggested in the article, one would construct the sentence differently, in a more natural way.

The article this is from is really just a relay of the speculation and bias of a non-Messianic Karaite Jew, Nehemiah Gordon.

The article also gives as sole justification for this speculation a supposed contradiction in scriputre:

"Yeshua also seems to contradict himself in this passage as he first tells his followers to do what they say but don't do what they do and in the following verses he condemns the teachings and practices of the Scribes and Pharisees and calls them hypocrites."

How is this a contradiction ? Did the person who wrote this even read their own words ?

Those who walk on the narrow path are supposed to heed and follow the teachings of Moses and Yeshua, and as it happens, Yeshua kept tradition. For example Scripture shows he kept Hanukkah, even though Moses never commanded us to keep Hanukkah.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
Here is how your article suggests we read the verse:

"The scribes and the Pharisees have seated themselves in the chair of Moses;therefore all that he [meaning Moses] tells you, do and observe, but do not do according to their [ the Pharisees] deeds; for they [The Pharisees] say things, and do not do them".

How is that illogical?

Upvote 0

The Lone Ranger

Kemosabe
Sep 23, 2012
Rolling Stone
✟20,703.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I believe the spring feast are not yet fulfilled till Yshia fulfills the nazirite vow by resurrecting us to join him in his fathers kingdom above ...john 14 ... Then will our Passover be complete
My pastor said all the feasts will be fulfilled in Heaven when we sit down at the table with Yeshua. I forgot the scripture he was referring to though, and I didn't write it down. :(

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dfw69

Pre-Tribulation Pre- False Messianic Age
Nov 16, 2011
Dallas/Ft Worth
✟78,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My pastor said all the feasts will be fulfilled in Heaven when we sit down at the table with Yeshua. I forgot the scripture he was referring to though, and I didn't write it down. :(

Try to see If you can get that information again and share it with us that would be helpful

Upvote 0

Daniel Gregg

Messianic, House of Yisra'el
Mar 12, 2009
Visit site
✟15,835.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Not any more – the Jubilee timeline has now been charted.

Yes, it has, but it is not yours.

jubilee.png

Upvote 0

Daniel Gregg

Messianic, House of Yisra'el
Mar 12, 2009
Visit site
✟15,835.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums