Dismiss Notice

Welcome to Christian Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
  • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
  • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting after you have posted 20 posts and have received 5 likes.
  • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

John Lennon a Christian?

Discussion in 'Spirit-Filled / Charismatic' started by Faulty, Aug 1, 2011.

1. Faulty

Faulty bind on pick up Supporter

Marital Status:
    Married
    Faith:
    Christian
  2. Simon Peter

Simon Peter 14th Generation Protestant

Marital Status:
    Married
    Politics:
    US-Republican
    Faith:
    Christian
    I loosely follow The Beatles, partly because a distant relative of mine is often called the fifth Beatle.

Not surprised to hear about John's Christian 'phase'. I wonder if it was instrumental in getting his life back in order in those last few years?

peace,
    Simon

3. LinkH

LinkH Regular Member

Marital Status:
    Married
    Faith:
    Christian
    That line from the communist Beatles song that says, 'imagine no religion' comes to mind.

4. Faulty

Faulty bind on pick up Supporter

Marital Status:
    Married
    Faith:
    Christian
    That was Lennon himself, not the Beatles, but that aside. I recall hearing somewhere that in his last couple years, he was actually a bit ashamed of that song and how foolish he had been.

I don't know if this man ended up forgiven or not, and that's not really the point as it's useless speculation on our part. However, it seems to me to be ample evidence that God worked on this man, even after his anthem of 'Imagine', and his adventures into eastern mysticism, and especailly after his statement that the Beatles were bigger than Jesus. That should give us all hope.