Antichrist News claims John Hagee Says Antichrist will arrive May 5th 2016! That's My Birthday!

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,055.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
So he doesn't actually say it?
I did not hear anything about May 5, 2016 either. One of the things about the video which has always troubled me when I have heard similar commentary is that Pastor John Hagee presents the Antichrist in fragmented segments. There is no way to connect those segments together.... into a start to finish understanding.

The fragmented segments begin with the Antichrist will do " (this) ". Then Pastor John Hagee jumps to another segment, the Antichrist will do " (this) " The video is really about ten or so fragmented segments.... repeating what has become
a traditional view of a 7 year peace treaty the Antichrist makes then breaks.... which the problem is Pastor Hagee, and them similiarly schooled do not understand the term Antichrist to mean a illegitimate King of Israel forthcoming. And the peace is that Israel and the world will think they have entered the messianic age. Not a 7 year peace treaty.

In the jam packed audience, everyone will leave there and spread the same Dallas Theological Seminary teachings perpetuating the same fragmented pieces, which for persons like me it is very dis-settling to hear. I want some comprehensive understanding start to finish - not fragmented bites.

Well, there may be more about May 5, 2016 at his site.

Upvote 0

LastSeven

Amil
Site Supporter
Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta
✟154,576.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
John Hagee is just one of "many" , and more coming.

Matthew 24:5
For many will come in My name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and will deceive many.
To be fair, John Hagee never claimed to be the Christ. Preachers who get things wrong are not "false prophets", they're just preachers who get things wrong.

In fact, I've never heard of anyone claiming to be the Christ.

Upvote 0

Four Angels Standing

2Peter 1:21 Cry Out For Wisdom Grace Heals
Apr 18, 2016
Dallas
✟11,005.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Since that Blood Moon thing worked out so well for him, why not?
^_^ Hagee is married to a Mexican immigrant and here he's saying the antichrist will arrive on the American invention artificial holiday of Cinco de Mayo? :swoon: He's cute. Maybe he's thinking enough time has passed that he can take up the ridiculous end times prophecy cloak of Harold Camping.

Hagee is a false teacher of many years. Please don't let anyone take that fraud seriously.

Upvote 0

Brian45

Apr 23, 2002
✟34,089.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
To be fair, John Hagee never claimed to be the Christ.
In fact, I've never heard of anyone claiming to be the Christ.
That's why one shouldn't read it that way but some people do.
Many coming in his name saying Jesus is the Christ are obviously Christians , and then he tells us that they will deceive many.
Not hard to see is it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,055.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Many coming in his name saying Jesus is the Christ are obviously Christians , and then he tells us that they will deceive many.
Not hard to see is it.
Brian, Matthew 24:22-26 is that will be false Christs and false prophets - two of those will be the Antichrist and the false prophet. Another false Christ (hoped for King of Israel) was Simon bar Kochba. And R. Shneerson. Verse 22-23.

There will also be false Jesus's - like John Miller, Australia, and Jose Luis de Miranda (died in 2013). From a wikepedia article on Miranda -

"According to his followers, there was to have been a Transformation day in which members would have supposedly been able to walk through walls and go through fire and not get burned, this because they would have been "fully enlightened and living with an immortal body". José Luis stated that his transformation and that of his followers would occur between 30 June 2012 and 1 July 2012 (sources Huffington Post and Miami New Times dispute the exact hour).[22][23] Some of his followers left full-time jobs and took their children out of their schools because many thought that they "wouldn't need to do those things anymore"."

Verses 26-27 pertain to people saying regarding Jesus's return, that Jesus is in the desert or in some secret place.

22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.

23 Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.

24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

25 Behold, I have told you before.

26 Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.

27 For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Four Angels Standing

2Peter 1:21 Cry Out For Wisdom Grace Heals
Apr 18, 2016
Dallas
✟11,005.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Not hard to see is it.
I know that Hagee has said Jesus did not come to earth to be Messiah. I haven't heard him go so far as to say he himself is Christ.
He did say, "The fundamental principle of Christianity is to be what God is, and he is light." That may be what's being misconstrued.

Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟797,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Not hard to see is it.

The parallel verse in Luke is even more instructive about what we are to avoid:

Luke 21:8 And He said: “Take heed that you not be deceived. For many will come in My name, saying, ‘I am He,’ and, ‘The time has drawn near.’ Therefore do not go after them.

With apologies to everyone here who has come to CF in Jesus name to proclaim "the time has drawn near", Jesus Himself instructs me to turn away from such claims and claimants.

Upvote 0

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,055.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Luke 21:8 And He said: “Take heed that you not be deceived. For many will come in My name, saying, ‘I am He,’ and, ‘The time has drawn near.’ Therefore do not go after them.
Yes, the time did come and there was Simon bar Kochba, then many have been deceived since and continue to be.
Jesus goes on to say how Jerusalem would be encircled by armies and His followers must escape. Luke 21:20-24 That happened in 70 AD.
THEN He says there will be cosmic events and people will faint with terror at all that is coming. Luke 21:25-26
THEN [later, after this: yet to happen, cosmic and earthly disaster] He will Return to earth in His great glory. Luke 21:27-28

Jesus gives the 'fig tree budding' parable: The generation in which this happens, will live to see it all. Luke 21:29-32
Heaven and earth will pass away, but My Words remain forever. Luke 21:33 The NHNE happens after the Millennium.

Jesus warns us to keep awake and aware of His great Day of wrath that will come suddenly, like a trap, onto everyone the whole world over. Luke 21:34-35 His people of all this Church age and especially for us, now, in the last few years of it.
We are told to pray for strength, so we can endure all that must happen and to be worthy to stand in His presence at His eventual Return. Luke 21:36

Upvote 0

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟797,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Jesus warns us to keep awake and aware of His great Day of wrath that will come suddenly, like a trap, onto everyone the whole world over. Luke 21:34-35 His people of all this Church age and especially for us, now, in the last few years of it.
We are told to pray for strength, so we can endure all that must happen and to be worthy to stand in His presence at His eventual Return. Luke 21:36

If you here proclaiming in Jesus name that THAT day is Near, I'm instructed By Jesus in Luke 21:8 in to turn away from you and that deceptive claim.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Brian45

Apr 23, 2002
✟34,089.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The parallel verse in Luke is even more instructive about what we are to avoid:

With apologies to everyone here who has come to CF in Jesus name to proclaim "the time has drawn near", Jesus Himself instructs me to turn away from such claims and claimants.
And the opposite of that would be to take Luke 21:8 place it in the past to the time when the apostles were teaching soon , near , at hand , any moment now , look out!!. Told you you shouldn't believe those apostles Parousia , now your stuck in 70 AD...:)

Upvote 0

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟797,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And the opposite of that would be to take Luke 21:8 place it in the past to the time when the apostles were teaching soon , near , at hand , any moment now , look out!!. Told you you shouldn't believe those apostles Parousia , now your stuck in 70 AD...:)
So you are saying I'm just like you, only different?

That you and I are merely two sides of the same coin?

I can work with that.

As I read it, however, Jesus is warning his apostles against going after anyone else who makes those claims. Reinforcing my view that ONLY the apostles were given the authority to declare when the "time was near".

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,055.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

Since that Blood Moon thing worked out so well for him, why not?
Okay, I think I have it figured out. John Hagee did not say anything about May 5, 2016. The channel at You Tube calling itself "The Antichrist News" labeled John Hagee's video on the Antichrist is Here. They did the same thing to other You Tube video's, which the speaker himself said nothing about May 5, 2016. The person(s) saying May 5, 2016 is the person (s) behind "The Antichrist News" channel.

Notice the comment section on the alleged John Hagee proclamation of May 5, 2016 You Tube video is disabled. All of the other videos I took a quick look at, similarly posted by "The Antichrist News", the comments section is disabled as well.

"The Antichrist News" also doctored a muslim cleric video of "why the Antichrist will come in May 5, 2016,

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Brian45

Apr 23, 2002
✟34,089.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
As I read it, however, Jesus is warning his apostles against going after anyone else who makes those claims. Reinforcing my view that ONLY the apostles were given the authority to declare when the "time was near".
Well that's a convenient way of looking at it I guess..:scratch:

Upvote 0

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟797,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well that's a convenient way of looking at it I guess..:scratch:

Convenient? Perhaps.
Consistent? For sure!

Since Only the apostles and prophets of God have the authority to declare whether or not a particular event is the FULFILLMENT of prophesy, it should plainly follow that only THAT group has the scriptural authority to declare such fulfillemnt to be near, at hand, soon coming, or about to take place. There is no scriptural record - zero, zilch, nada, none, zip, goose egg- of ANYONE other than an apostle or prophet of God correctly claiming that a prophesy is either about to be fulfilled or has been fulfilled.

Such work is too important to be left to just anyone.

Upvote 0