✟22,544.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
http://tv.yahoo.com/blog/john-dye-touched-by-an-angel-star-dies-at-47--2105

The media sure hasn't covered this much-I don't get it.
doh.gif

Plus several in Flooding in Australia and of course the massive snow storms last week?
My Great Uncle Jack died yesterday, that seems to have escaped the media as well.

This guy was not a household name in any sense, its not surprising its not considered big news.

Why would you even need to make a statement about it. The man died, offer your condolences and leave it at that. Not everything is an opportunity to for you to climb on your soapbox.

Upvote 0

salida

Veteran
Jun 14, 2006
✟6,243.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Plus several in Flooding in Australia and of course the massive snow storms last week?
My Great Uncle Jack died yesterday, that seems to have escaped the media as well.

This guy was not a household name in any sense, its not surprising its not considered big news.

Why would you even need to make a statement about it. The man died, offer your condolences and leave it at that. Not everything is an opportunity to for you to climb on your soapbox.

Was your great uncle on t.v.? Some people do know who he was-your not the only one on the internet Mr. Odwin Oddball.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

salida

Veteran
Jun 14, 2006
✟6,243.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I'm sorry when anybody dies, but mostly what I remember about Touched by an Angel is having to correct the terrible theology people told me they picked up from the show.

Its ashame that people get their theology from the entertainment industry.

Upvote 0

SithDoughnut

The Agnostic, Ignostic, Apatheistic Atheist
Jan 2, 2010
The Death Starbucks
✟18,474.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
The point?

The media only covers so many things. Mass deaths in Brazil may have been seen as more newsworthy than this man's death. Hence the lack of media coverage in favour of a bigger story.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

WannaWitness

Shining God's Light for a Lost World.
Aug 31, 2004
✟149,993.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
I never really saw "Touched By An Angel" as very "meaty" when it came to theology so much as that it made references to a lot of Bible symbolism that only Christians could understand. What I did see it as was an ultra-wholesome program with an inspirational slant, and I really appreciate a program that can do that, especially on the mainstream TV networks. It was good moral values for all ages, as was its underrated spin-off "Promised Land".

And John Dye was an underrated actor. I never even knew about him until this show. His performance seemed to be heart-felt. My condolences go out to his family.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Shalico2007

Jesucristo es el Rey! Que Dios te Bendiga!
Oct 30, 2004
✟116,714.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
This was very sad to hear. He was just nine months older than me.

I know a lot of people thought this show was sappy, but I found it quite refreshing. I wish the best for John Dye's family. I'm sure he will be missed greatly.

Upvote 0