AnticipateHisComing

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2013
✟103,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And that was the outcome Satan had hoped for. That afterwards Job would curse God to HIS FACE.
Satan hoped Job would curse God and die an eternal death.
Why was it so important that God insisted that Satan would not take Job's life in his trials?

Job 2: 6 And the Lord said to Satan, “Behold, he is in your hand; only spare his life.”

Matthew 10:28 And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather fear him who can destroy both soul and body in hell.

• Winner
Reactions: Wordkeeper
Upvote 0

miknik5

"Let not your heart be troubled"
Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,364.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Satan hoped Job would curse God and die an eternal death.
Why was it so important that God insisted that Satan would not take Job's life in his trials?

Job 2: 6 And the Lord said to Satan, “Behold, he is in your hand; only spare his life.”

Matthew 10:28 And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather fear him who can destroy both soul and body in hell.
Yes? And in all this job did Not sin by charging God with wrongdoing.

Why was it so important that God "insisted"?

As if Satan has any power to do anything unless God allows it?

Upvote 0

AnticipateHisComing

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2013
✟103,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

AnticipateHisComing

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2013
✟103,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We are waiting for you to acknowledge Gods description of Job
I addressed that in a previous post.

Do you acknowledge that God judges the heart. Jesus preached on it. Do you know the difference between being blameless in following the law verses being pure in heart?

Upvote 0

AnticipateHisComing

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2013
✟103,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes? And in all this job did Not sin by charging God with wrongdoing.
Don't be afraid to actually quote scripture.
1:22 In all this, Job did not sin by charging God with wrongdoing.
2:10b In all this, Job did not sin in what he said.

How many chapters are there to Job? You miss a lot. Please also note at this early point of the story scripture clearly qualifies a specific way that Job did not sin. It does not say Job was without sin, only sin of a specific action.

Why was it so important that God "insisted"?
That was my question to you.

Upvote 0

AnticipateHisComing

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2013
✟103,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Neither Job nor King David nor the disciples in the NT were anything at all like the pharisees of Jesus' day you refer to. Job, King David, and the disciples of Jesus who remained with Him (vice the ones who left Him, which I think was a majority at the time)
were all "after God's own heart" serving God.
That's a very different life than the life and hearts of the pharisees referred to.
You try to associate others with Job and sneak in something that scripture does not say, that Job lived "after God's own heart". That was said of King David who happened to have said he was blameless, and we all know he was not without sin. So when God said Job was blameless, it doesn't mean he was completely right before God.

Further, please quote me better when you argue my statements. I did say Job was maybe not as bad as the Pharisees.

AnticipateHisComing said:
Job had a problem like the Pharisees of Jesus' day, maybe not as bad as them though. His actions were everything done correctly to the letter of the law, so he was perfect in actions.

Upvote 0

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,364.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I addressed that in a previous post.

Do you acknowledge that God judges the heart. Jesus preached on it. Do you know the difference between being blameless in following the law verses being pure in heart?
Yes. Which is why we are to leave the masters servant to his master and not charge to a man what should not be charged to a man

For No man knows the spirit of another man save that man....and God

And we, with our dim sighted eyes (like jobs friends) might make a wrong judgement understanding we can't see where God sees

That is upon the heart

(Sorry typo correct incorrectly changed dim sighted to domain hyped eyes

Last edited:
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
You try to associate others with Job and sneak in something that scripture does not say, that Job lived "after God's own heart". That was said of King David who happened to have said he was blameless, and we all know he was not without sin. So when God said Job was blameless, it doesn't mean he was completely right before God.

Further, please quote me better when you argue my statements. I did say Job was maybe not as bad as the Pharisees.
Job was like those others Yhwh called righteous exactly as I said, from what Yhwh said of them in Scripture, as Yhwh says in the NT repeatedly of those of us born again in Christ with a heart after (toward) Him, our lives facing toward Yhwh in Jesus to serve Him faithfully / INSTEAD OF like the Pharisees(the ones who were) facing away from Yhwh in their hearts - not srving Yhwh but rebelling against Him continually.
So Job in his heart and in his life was nothing like the unfaithful unrighteous Pharisees ,
no more than Apostle Peter was like judas the betrayer.
Yhwh pointed all of this out in His Word,
with many descriptions of the righteous man's heart and life (actions) vs the unrighteous man's life (actions) and heart.

Upvote 0

Michael Scaman

Apr 16, 2016
Goshen, NY USA
✟12,404.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Job's wife is not named.... there is a speculation some have had that she was the sister of someoen in Genesis who was a metal worker who's name was given

By the way... Job's wife probably didn't die in the account

Job is actually remarkable in that the book doesn't name his sons...but does name his daughters who get inheritance with the son's even the every cute youngest 'little makeup box' His sons were effectively Monday Tueday weds... as they each had a pary on their day... (maybe her birthday... or some other assigned day, often assumed to be day of week )

Job himself? He is called in the start and end of the book God's servant.... at the end called God servant many times ... So in the darkest deepest part of his suffering the suffering servant offered sacrifice for the sinners and then was raised up.... sounds like Job pointed forward to Jesus

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,276.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Job's wife is not named.... there is a speculation some have had that she was the sister of someoen in Genesis who was a metal worker who's name was given

By the way... Job's wife probably didn't die in the account

Job is actually remarkable in that the book doesn't name his sons...but does name his daughters who get inheritance with the son's even the every cute youngest 'little makeup box' His sons were effectively Monday Tueday weds... as they each had a pary on their day... (maybe her birthday... or some other assigned day, often assumed to be day of week )

Job himself? He is called in the start and end of the book God's servant.... at the end called God servant many times ... So in the darkest deepest part of his suffering the suffering servant offered sacrifice for the sinners and then was raised up.... sounds like Job pointed forward to Jesus

Interesting thoughts.

How extensively have you studied the book of Job, if you don't mind me asking?

Reactions: taraj
Upvote 0

Starcrystal

Sheep in Wolves clothing
Mar 2, 2004
In the woods... was In an old church - was On the
✟14,805.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think I said something like this before but her full name was
"Gitajoborelse"
Aka "Gita" or "Elsee'"

20726261-Pretty-teenage-girl-pointing-finger-at-camera-looking-quite-angry-Shot-in-studio-on-white-background-Stock-Photo.jpg

Look at those arms! back in the day she wore a robe but she still bossed ole Job man around..at least he did not listen to "Curse God and die"

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Starcrystal

Sheep in Wolves clothing
Mar 2, 2004
In the woods... was In an old church - was On the
✟14,805.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think I said something like this before but her full name was
"Gitajoborelse"
Aka "Gita" or "Elsee'"

20726261-Pretty-teenage-girl-pointing-finger-at-camera-looking-quite-angry-Shot-in-studio-on-white-background-Stock-Photo.jpg

Look at those arms! back in the day she wore a robe but she still bossed ole Job man around..at least he did not listen to "Curse God and die"

Ewwww..oh so completely busted girl..those are the hands and knuckles of a fighter! Look at that!..and a band aid mark too..oh i picked the perfect pic and didn't even know it..haha..
And he still was faithful to God..scripture wasn't clear on how much you hit him.. and 3 cute kids after all that? LOL!
Jobs_Fighter_Wife.JPG

Gotta give Job credit now..it wasn't just the satan test or God test, it was YOU! and he passed...hope those hands loved him, which as scripture shows apparently did..

Did Job rename you "Lovemenow'OrElseditchyu" ???

(They could change names easily back then....)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,364.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why did Job despise himself and repent in dust and ashes if he didn't sin?

You are no different than Job's three friends that could not refute Job.
Why would I want to refute Job? Rather he is an example to all that we also know tha even if we suffer in this vessel of flesh OUR REDEEMER lives and we shall see HIM standing upon the earth in the last day

Upvote 0

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,364.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Don't be afraid to actually quote scripture.
1:22 In all this, Job did not sin by charging God with wrongdoing.
2:10b In all this, Job did not sin in what he said.

How many chapters are there to Job? You miss a lot. Please also note at this early point of the story scripture clearly qualifies a specific way that Job did not sin. It does not say Job was without sin, only sin of a specific action.

That was my question to you.
I as well, already responded to your question when I said GOD is SOVEREIGN...Satan has no power over GOD.

And sir if you have something to say state it. You do not need to go through me to state your position. You seem to be upset with me but why? What is it you need from me?

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Well did anyone answer what happened to Jobs wife? So he did have more children so presumably he had one after the trial dont know if it was the same one but he must have had one to have all those daughters unless there was an immaculate surrogate conception or something.

Upvote 0