✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
LOL!! from my post #110---

Iyyov 'ishshahh------is Hebrew for Job's wife.

Interesting.....but i couldn't read that intriguing piece.....

what was that that you posted?

Reactions: taraj
Upvote 0

miknik5

"Let not your heart be troubled"
Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Finally, someone gets it! ;) also "My wife" Job 19 & 31....not my wife as in mine but Jobs wife..this is awkward, LOL

Job 2;9
Then said his wife unto him, Dost thou still retain thine integrity? curse God, and die.

Job 19:17 (didn't brush his teeth)
My breath is strange to my wife, though I intreated for the children's sake of mine own body.

Job 31;9 - 10
If mine heart have been deceived by a woman, or if I have laid wait at my neighbour's door;
Then let my wife grind unto another, and let others bow down upon her.

Do you think Job's displaying his grace to his undeserving wife, was recognized by GOD who blessed them both?

I mean, while the wife also (with Job's friends) misrepresented GOD, it isn't written later that Job had to pray for his wife, but only for his friends.

I mean, Job didn't sin...and it is because he didn't sin, that his wife didn't do the things that Job said above...

Therefore, can it now be understood that Job's wife at the beginning of his trials was the same wife at the end of his trials?

Upvote 0

AnticipateHisComing

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2013
✟103,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I mean, Job didn't sin...and it is because he didn't sin, that his wife didn't do the things that Job said above...
Job did not curse God, but he still sinned and repented of it.

42:5 I had heard of you by the hearing of the ear,
but now my eye sees you;
6 therefore I despise myself,
and repent[a] in dust and ashes.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Job did not curse God, but he still sinned and repented of it.

42:5 I had heard of you by the hearing of the ear,
but now my eye sees you;
6 therefore I despise myself,
and repent[a] in dust and ashes.

What sin did Job commit?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Job was being self-righteous, thats a sin. Trusting that he was perfect, instead of trusting in God.

Where was Job being self-righteous?

Was it before Satan was allowed by God to attack him?

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Yes well, he sacrificed animals on behalf of his children, in case they sinned. Basically he was pre-empting God.

And afterwards he kept saying how he was perfect all the time. That in itself is kinda boasting.

Ok, i'm reading what you posted, and this came to mind:

How did God describe Job?

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Well God saw Job was perfect, but Job, who knew he was, wasnt actually giving any glory to God by boasting about himself, was he?

Sure, Job could boast about how perfect he was...but thats absolutely nothing compared to what God can do and how perfect God is.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Job would Not open his mouth before God even when Jobs "well-meaning friends" (not fully understanding the truth of God) tried to encourage Job to "state his case" before God

Job knew he was "just a man"
He understood the "catch 22" of "stating his case" before God as if he could exalt himself to the Gods level and sit side by side. What could Job "remind" God of that God did not already know? What "righteous work" could Job mention?
And this is the "catch 22":
If Job opened his mouth to God (who lets the sun and rain shine and fall in both the "righteous" and wicked) he not only exalts himself before God, he deems his brothers less righteous

Which is why Job said he would not open his mouth lest his mouth cause him to sin and pled and prophecied man's dilemma:
If only there were a days man between the two of us who could lay his hand on both of us to bring us together (paraphrased)

CHRIST
read about It in Job 9

Last edited:
Upvote 0

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well God saw Job was perfect, but Job, who knew he was, wasnt actually giving any glory to God by boasting about himself, was he?

Sure, Job could boast about how perfect he was...but thats absolutely nothing compared to what God can do and how perfect God is.
You have interpreted the story of Job incorrectly

Upvote 0

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So.. Pride?

Spiritual pride can be a trap for some people.
Eg the im holier than thou atttitude.
Actually the very opposite should be attributed to Job.
But of course outward interference (his friends his wife) from those who do not know God can add to a man's burden as well.

His friends and his wife misrepresented God. Job knew it even if they didn't

Upvote 0

AnticipateHisComing

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2013
✟103,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Job had a problem like the Pharisees of Jesus' day, maybe not as bad as them though. His actions were everything done correctly to the letter of the law, so he was perfect in actions. God can not slander, as such God would not point out any problems with Job's heart and Satan can only see our actions and could not dispute what God said of him. God judges the heart.

Job's sin was that he thought he did not deserve the trials he received, such is pride and self-righteousness. He repented of this.

Upvote 0