• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

blessedbethyname101

Dec 30, 2015
north pole
✟9,406.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
I am having some anxiety about a job to which I applied. I am waiting and praying for a positive response. God is with me but my stomach is churning. I must have faith! It is a proofreading job. I may or may not get it. It is in God's hands now. I had to submit a trial article for editing. It was hard!!! I will be loved by God no matter what. This keeps me going. I have a job now but am moving. This new job is near the place to where I am moving. Sigh!! If I receive an offer, I will be ecstatic. However, over 400 people applied for the job. Thus, I will just go with the flow.

Reactions: vinsight4u

blessedbethyname101

Dec 30, 2015
north pole
✟9,406.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
I've decided to stop worrying. I'm giving it to God and enjoy what He has given me. Jesus feeds the birds and the bees.

25“Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? 26Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life? Matthew 6:25-27 NIV

Thank you, Jesus, for your Word and guidance!

Upvote 0

blessedbethyname101

Dec 30, 2015
north pole
✟9,406.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
I believe I did not obtain the job since the company is no longer responding. It is ok. My mother says we should just be happy with what we have and look for a job again after I move. I feel blessed nevertheless. I have enough to survive with now. I do have bills to pay etc but these are not major. I am doing fine and am grateful to God for just being alive and healthy. In a way I am glad I did not get the job since it would have been expensive to just come and go back and forth to work from my apartment. They did not offer to pay travel costs. It had no benefits. Thus, I must be smarter next time and find a job that has benefits. Sometimes, what we want is not what we need. Thank you, Jesus!

Upvote 0

blessedbethyname101

Dec 30, 2015
north pole
✟9,406.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
I've decided to stay where I am now and keep my job. I am praying to God that my mother will allow me to stay after she visits me. I am sure she will. I have a job here even though it is part-time. I could look for another job here also if I wanted. I feel blessed. I like the area here and the people are nice. I have no complaints.

Upvote 0

blessedbethyname101

Dec 30, 2015
north pole
✟9,406.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
The company has already hired another replacement for my job. I don't know how much work will come my way because of this after I visit my mother. Thus, I need to find another part-time job. I wish I could work all of the time but my mother is coming to visit me. She is the one that suggested to me to move to the big city. I wish she would not tell me what to do since she does not live with me. I don't blame her for losing my job so-to-speak. There might be enough work for two part-timers. I will see after my mother leaves. My parents are still working and subsidize what I can't pay on my own. But, I don't want to depend on them anymore if they keep telling me to do things that hurt me in the long run. My mother does not work outside and has no concept of working for anybody. She does not deal with the customers and does not know how to deal with people. She is clueless. I wish she were not. She drives me nuts at times. But, she means well. I will survive though and do my best no matter what.

Upvote 0

blessedbethyname101

Dec 30, 2015
north pole
✟9,406.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
Well, I will visit the new location and decide with my mother whether or not I am going. I'm giving it to God. I may or may not find a job at the new location. However, I will let God take care of me and take it one day at a time. I am happy with what I have. I don't have much but have enough to survive. I am praying to God for a new job, of course. So far, I have no job prospects. I am not looking that hard yet. I will if I move though. I wanted to stay here. But, it looks as if I will have to move since my mother wants me to leave here. Job or no job, I will survive. I am blessed to be able to survive with what I have. God is good to me. I am happy for now and not that anxious. I am glad God is there for me. I have changed since attending church here. I could be angry and anxious. But, I feel calm and feel God is guiding me. I sometimes wonder the reasons I can't stay here. But, I realize thinking like this is not going to get me anywhere. Thank you, Jesus, for showing me the way!

Upvote 0

blessedbethyname101

Dec 30, 2015
north pole
✟9,406.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
I'm not looking that hard. So far, no job prospects. I've received interviews though but was not interested in the jobs since they were not in the area I am moving. I will look harder once I move. I also am not too worried about finding a job because I may move again in 6 months according to my mother.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bookofjade

Aug 7, 2016
Old Melbourne
✟7,922.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Private
I'm not looking that hard. So far, no job prospects. I've received interviews though but was not interested in the jobs since they were not in the area I am moving. I will look harder once I move. I also am not too worried about finding a job because I may move again in 6 months according to my mother.
Your smother, whoops (Mother)

Upvote 0

blessedbethyname101

Dec 30, 2015
north pole
✟9,406.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
I am looking for another part-time job where I originally was located. I have an interview for next week. We shall see how it goes! God is good to me. I don't feel 100 percent confident I will get the job since I don't speak the native language here fluently. But, I will try and see what happens. I am upbeat as usual. I just applied for the job yesterday and they called today. I was amazed. This job does not require experience though. But, I will see what they say. I have experience teaching children and it is for a homeroom teaching position. I love children but cannot say I am an expert with them. I just deal with children as they come. I don't think my language abilities are going to improve by next week, but I will do my best to impress them with my moderate fluency. I am happy nevertheless. If this job does not work out, I will look for another job. Whatever God wants for me, I accept!

Upvote 0