Visit site
✟40,552.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
It's New Age/Thought philosophy. The "Christ concept" and "Christ consciousness" are buzz words used by the "all-roads-lead-to-God" spiritualism crowd.

It's false teaching. Man-centered, works-centered, idolatry.
I'm not argueing what you've said but what are the evidences that cause you to have such a strong opinion?

Upvote 0

Tamara224

Jan 13, 2006
Wyoming
✟40,734.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I'm not argueing what you've said but what are the evidences that cause you to have such a strong opinion?

Google "Christ consciousness" and see what you get.

In New Age or New Thought philosophy the "Christ consciousness" is a state of being - a higher spiritual state - that anyone can achieve. According to New Agers, Jesus was just a regular man who was so enlightened that he achieved this state and transcended, or evolved, and gained "Christ consciousness".

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Google "Christ consciousness" and see what you get.

In New Age or New Thought philosophy the "Christ consciousness" is a state of being - a higher spiritual state - that anyone can achieve. According to New Agers, Jesus was just a regular man who was so enlightened that he achieved this state and transcended, or evolved, and gained "Christ consciousness".

Guilty by association causes us to fail to live up to our potential in Christ .

for if you look through the bible you will find that there is a passage that says "but we have the mind of Christ"

it is a very Christian concept . that maybe they watered down . maybe not . maybe they gnosticized it maybe not .. what does it matter? why not seek God on it?

being now dead . we share in Christ's life and He also gave His Heart and His mind along with all the blood from His veins so we might live .

Upvote 0

Tamara224

Jan 13, 2006
Wyoming
✟40,734.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Guilty by association causes us to fail to live up to our potential in Christ .

for if you look through the bible you will find that there is a passage that says "but we have the mind of Christ"

it is a very Christian concept . that maybe they watered down . maybe not . maybe they gnosticized it maybe not .. what does it matter? why not seek God on it?

being now dead . we share in Christ's life and He also gave His Heart and His mind along with all the blood from His veins so we might live .

:scratch: Are you serious?

Jesus said "I am the way the truth and the life, no one comes to the Father but by me."

Anyone who comes teaching a different gospel is accursed. Anyone who claims that Jesus wasn't God is a liar. Anyone who thinks we can achieve Christ-likeness through "spiritual evolution" and eastern mysticism is a liar.

Go ahead and be deceived if you want. But I call a spade a spade. "Christ consciousness" is a well-known New Age concept. It doesn't take a genius to do a quick google search and see that this is true.

Just because someone uses Christian-sounding words, doesn't mean that person is teaching Christian doctrine.

Good grief. It's like some people want to be deceived. :doh:

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
:scratch: Are you serious?

Jesus said "I am the way the truth and the life, no one comes to the Father but by me."

Anyone who comes teaching a different gospel is accursed. Anyone who claims that Jesus wasn't God is a liar. Anyone who thinks we can achieve Christ-likeness through "spiritual evolution" and eastern mysticism is a liar.

Go ahead and be deceived if you want. But I call a spade a spade. "Christ consciousness" is a well-known New Age concept. It doesn't take a genius to do a quick google search and see that this is true.

Just because someone uses Christian-sounding words, doesn't mean that person is teaching Christian doctrine.

Good grief. It's like some people want to be deceived. :doh:

Hmm that's interesting but it is too "taste not touch not handle not" read Colossians .

Since everything came from God . even things that speak against Him are speaking of Him for those who have eyes to see and ears to hear . Paul illustrated this .

Where is the redemptive heart in your gospel?

Is the Christ you preach not enough to save this culture?

these are the questions that arise when the stonewall of religiosity vs. secularism goes up .

Upvote 0

Tamara224

Jan 13, 2006
Wyoming
✟40,734.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Hmm that's interesting but it is too "taste not touch not handle not" read Colossians .

Since everything came from God . even things that speak against Him are speaking of Him for those who have eyes to see and ears to hear . Paul illustrated this .

these are the questions that arise when the stonewall of religiosity vs. secularism goes up .

What are you talking about? :confused: "The Christ preach"?!?! What the heck, man? I preach that there is only one name under heaven by which a man might be saved. What are you preaching?

Are you honestly suggesting that we should accept false religion as "from God"?
6I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting the one who called you by the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel— 7which is really no gospel at all. Evidently some people are throwing you into confusion and are trying to pervert the gospel of Christ. 8But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let him be eternally condemned! 9As we have already said, so now I say again: If anybody is preaching to you a gospel other than what you accepted, let him be eternally condemned!
(Galatians 1)
If someone is teaching that Jesus is not the only way to the Father, that person is a liar and needs to be marked and avoided.

"You shall have no other gods before me."

Seriously, this is unbelievable. I'm honestly astonished that anyone here would suggest it's okay to listen to someone who preaches that Jesus isn't God and that we can all achieve "Christ consciousness."

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JEBrady

Mar 24, 2006
NY
✟17,370.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
What are you talking about? :confused:

6I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting the one who called you by the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel— 7which is really no gospel at all. Evidently some people are throwing you into confusion and are trying to pervert the gospel of Christ. 8But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let him be eternally condemned! 9As we have already said, so now I say again: If anybody is preaching to you a gospel other than what you accepted, let him be eternally condemned!
(Galatians 1)
If someone is teaching that Jesus is not the only way to the Father, that person is a liar and needs to be marked and avoided.

Amen.

Upvote 0

Pat Colby

Apr 12, 2010
✟425.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

If you don't mind my asking brother, what does "taste not, touch not, handle not" has to do with this subject. Paul was talking about external observances there. Are you by any chance a universalist? I ask this with all due respect. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟135,215.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Before I respond, I would like to reiterate that I believe, based on the interview posted earlier in the thread, that Jim Marion is teaching falsely. I believe that because he seems to be implying, if not directly stating, that Jesus is not the ONLY way to salvation.

That said, the logic in your above statement is pervasive in the world today. "Just Google it" has become the motto of far too many people. There is an astounding amount of information on the Internet, and ANYONE can create a website and post whatever they want. You can find a website that will confirm or deny anything you could possibly dream of. Simply Googling something proves absolutely nothing.

I'm far less concerned with what buzz words people use when they speak vs. the actual content of what they are saying. So I don't immediately freak out when someone says the words "Christ consciousness" if what they are saying is that we should have the mind of Christ (1 Corinthians 2:16).

I could be wrong, but I think that is what Michael was trying to say.

:cool:

Upvote 0

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟135,215.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Agreed.

In that same vein and to go along with my last post, just because someone uses new-age-sounding words doesn't mean that person is teaching new age doctrine.

Upvote 0

JEBrady

Mar 24, 2006
NY
✟17,370.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Agreed.

In that same vein and to go along with my last post, just because someone uses new-age-sounding words doesn't mean that person is teaching new age doctrine.

It did in this case, and I think it's a sign of the times.

Once someone tries to relate the spiritual truths of the bible using terms from a completely secular discipline that is based on error, error is not far behind.

Upvote 0

Tamara224

Jan 13, 2006
Wyoming
✟40,734.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Before I respond, I would like to reiterate that I believe, based on the interview posted earlier in the thread, that Jim Marion is teaching falsely. I believe that because he seems to be implying, if not directly stating, that Jesus is not the ONLY way to salvation.

That said, the logic in your above statement is pervasive in the world today. "Just Google it" has become the motto of far too many people. There is an astounding amount of information on the Internet, and ANYONE can create a website and post whatever they want. You can find a website that will confirm or deny anything you could possibly dream of. Simply Googling something proves absolutely nothing.

I'm far less concerned with what buzz words people use when they speak vs. the actual content of what they are saying. So I don't immediately freak out when someone says the words "Christ consciousness" if what they are saying is that we should have the mind of Christ (1 Corinthians 2:16).

I could be wrong, but I think that is what Michael was trying to say.

Agreed.

Riiiiight. The fact that New Thought is the origin of the concept and phrase "Christ consciousness" has no bearing on whether that concept is in mind when that term is used. The fact that every google result is a New Age or New Thought website isn't indicative at all that the people who use the term are New Age or New Thought.

I guess we can't ever know anything for sure. We can't say a person is teaching Islam just because they use words like "Koran" and "Mohammed". We can't tell a person is Buddhist just because they use words like "Nirvana". I mean, after all, they might be Christian and they just like that word but they don't mean the same thing by it that the Buddhists do. We can't spot a Mormon just because they like to quote from the Book of Mormon. We can't tell a person is Hindu just because they've got a red dot on their forehead. Hey, maybe it's a fashion statement. :doh:

Let's get real. If the people who use the phrase are ALL New Age, and the person who has used the phrase is espousing New Age teachings then let's go ahead and add 2 + 2 and let it equal 4.

No need to pretend like it's not obvious when it is.

P.S. The implication that it's "worldly" to suggest that people should google something is :D. Seriously, Pete? Seriously? ^_^

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
What are you talking about? :confused: "The Christ preach"?!?! What the heck, man? I preach that there is only one name under heaven by which a man might be saved. What are you preaching?

(Galatians 1)

"You shall have no other gods before me."

Seriously, this is unbelievable. I'm honestly astonished that anyone here would suggest it's okay to listen to someone who preaches that Jesus isn't God and that we can all achieve "Christ consciousness."

I think it ironic that you speak the way you do when the letter to the galatians speaks of a message of grace most prominently .

but no i was not suggesting that . shame on you for falsely accusing me and jumping to conclusions . .. and not reading my posts .

And besides, it is not something you "attain" it is something you're born again with . i think you're missing the whole point of what i'm saying .

Reactions: nephilimiyr
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟135,215.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Once someone tries to relate the spiritual truths of the bible using terms from a completely secular discipline that is based on error, error is not far behind.

I call this the, "There's-nothing-wrong-with-what-you're-currently-saying-but-I-know-where-this-is-headed-because-you're-using-terminology-that-I-don't-like" argument.

It's almost as if people have lost the ability to actually listen to what people are saying. Someone says something that someone else has deemed "mystical" or "new agey" and boy howdy, that's the end of the rational discussion.

I don't know. I don't think it's that hard to spot false teaching based on the content of what someone is saying, and not the terminology and catch phrases they use. As soon as someone denies that Jesus came in the flesh or that Jesus is not the ONLY way to salvation, then there's something to be concerned about and that person should be marked and avoided.

Upvote 0

Tamara224

Jan 13, 2006
Wyoming
✟40,734.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I think it ironic that you speak the way you do when the letter to the galatians speaks of a message of grace most prominently .

but no i was not suggesting that . shame on you for falsely accusing me and jumping to conclusions .

And besides, it is not something you "attain" it is something you're born again with . i think you're missing the whole point of what i'm saying .

Apparently, I am missing what you're saying. But maybe that's not my fault. Maybe you're not being very clear.

You seem to want to be upset with me for saying that Jim Marion is teaching a different religion.

And I fail to see how pointing out that the concept of "Christ consciousness" is not Christian is not grace-filled. There is no grace without truth.

Are we not to call false religion false?

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
What i was saying or suggesting was.. "we have the mind of Christ" has been in the bible for thousands of years .. so .. it would stand to reason that New Age stole it from us .. so why should i judge a manifestation of the premise (the bible as the seed idea) based on a copy cat? (New Age)

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Apparently, I am missing what you're saying. But maybe that's not my fault. Maybe you're not being very clear.

You seem to want to be upset with me for saying that Jim Marion is teaching a different religion.

And I fail to see how pointing out that the concept of "Christ consciousness" is not Christian is not grace-filled. There is no grace without truth.

Are we not to call false religion false?

With Love Tamara, With Love . we speak the truth in Love

read the letter to Ephesus in Revelation 2 it may very well speak to this situation .

Upvote 0

Tamara224

Jan 13, 2006
Wyoming
✟40,734.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
What i was saying or suggesting was.. "we have the mind of Christ" has been in the bible for thousands of years .. so .. it would stand to reason that New Age stole it from us .. so why should i judge a manifestation of the premise (the bible as the seed idea) based on a copy cat? (New Age)

:confused: No one is judging the Biblical idea of having the mind of Christ.

We're saying that the New Ager who tries to usurp that phrase for twisted purposes doesn't mean what the Bible means. They take some of the words of the Bible and twist them to mean something completely different.

New Age didn't steal the concept of "Christ consciousness" from the Bible because it's not a Biblical concept.

Higher consciousness, also called super consciousness (Yoga), objective consciousness (Gurdjieff), Buddhic consciousness (Theosophy), cosmic consciousness, God-consciousness (Sufism and Hinduism) and Christ consciousness (New Thought), are expressions used in various spiritual traditions to denote the consciousness of a human being who has reached a higher level of evolutionary development and who has come to know reality more accurately. Evolution in this sense is not that which occurs by natural selection over generations of human reproduction but evolution brought about by the application of spiritual knowledge to the conduct of human life, and of mental proficiency brought about by spiritual practices. Through the application of such knowledge (traditionally the preserve of the world's great religions) to practical self-management, the awakening and development of faculties dormant in the ordinary human being is achieved. These faculties are aroused by and developed in conjunction with certain virtues such as lucidity, patience, kindness, truthfulness, humility, and forgiveness towards one's fellow man – qualities without which, according to moral/ethical stipulations of the various traditions, higher consciousness is not possible. This assumes that our morality system in our 'lower' consciousness is correct.​

Upvote 0