✟242,456.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi:wave:

Recently I have been hearing about these things more and more at church during the sermon. Can anyone help me out with what these things are?

Jezebel's Spirit I have vaguely heard of once before. Its something that makes women try to rule over their husband (or something?). Sorry girls if I got that wrong:blush:

Generational Curses I dont think I believe in (Ezek 18).

What are Soul ties when they are at home?

Even if they are good things I prefer a sermon more and about Jesus+the gospel or the Holy SPirit than these side issues.

:scratch:

Optimax

Senior Veteran
May 7, 2006
New Mexico
✟41,659.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Recently I have been hearing about these things more and more at church during the sermon. Can anyone help me out with what these things are?

Jezebel's Spirit I have vaguely heard of once before. Its something that makes women try to rule over their husband (or something?). Sorry girls if I got that wrong:blush:

Even if they are good things I prefer a sermon more and about Jesus+the gospel or the Holy SPirit than these side issues.

It is much more than a "side issue" to those who deal with them. :)

Upvote 0

Trish1947

Free to Believe
Nov 14, 2003
California
Visit site
✟24,917.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
I guess you could look at genetic disease, like someone inherits a tendency to heart disease because your ma or pa, had it, as a generational curse. But Jesus bore the curses, generational or not. I guess in a way we were all under a generational curse. Some people see it as evil spirits that just live with a family for generations. I'm not sure I believe that.

I just finished up my geneology chart, and got it as far back as the year 1611. Found one murderer in it way back, does that mean I'm destined to commit murder? Most of them are observent Jews, so I inherit that too, and the rest are Church of Christ, I guess I inherit being that too..oh, yeah, and one Priest buried in Westminster Abby..maybe their was more of the good than the bad that cancelled out the one that did murder?:D Our generations don't make up who we are as being in Christ. We are a new creation.

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟303,748.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Jezebel spirit = any woman with an opinion of her own.

(that was MAJORLY tongue-in-cheek, but sadly accurate in some fringe churches) :sorry:
I have to disagree with this. That may have been a popular opinion but certainly not what a Jezebel spirit represented.
xWhat Rev 2:20 stands for is the great harlot of Rev 17 who mixes abominations with divine things.

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟303,748.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Jezabel spirit is a vile spirit directed against God and His people

1 Kings 16:31 (
31 He not only considered it trivial to commit the sins of Jeroboam son of Nebat, but he also married Jezebel daughter of Ethbaal king of the Sidonians, and began to serve Baal and worship him.

1 Kings 19
Elijah Flees to Horeb
1 Now Ahab told Jezebel everything Elijah had done and how he had killed all the prophets with the sword. 2 So Jezebel sent a messenger to Elijah to say, "May the gods deal with me, be it ever so severely, if by this time tomorrow I do not make your life like that of one of them."

1 Kings 21:23 (
23 "And also concerning Jezebel the LORD says: 'Dogs will devour Jezebel by the wall of [a] Jezreel.'
1 Kings 21:25-26
25 (There was never a man like Ahab, who sold himself to do evil in the eyes of the LORD, urged on by Jezebel his wife. 26 He behaved in the vilest manner by going after idols, like the Amorites the LORD drove out before Israel.)
2 Kings 9:7
7 You are to destroy the house of Ahab your master, and I will avenge the blood of my servants the prophets and the blood of all the LORD's servants shed by Jezebel.

Reactions: 9-iron
Upvote 0

Godslilgurlalways

I am a Child of the King:)
Supporter
Oct 19, 2005
Earth now heaven later
✟44,865.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single

Okay I have heard something alittle different you mostly here about women having this spirit but a man can have this spirit also, someone who is very controling or tries to be controling basically running everything in a sense:)

Upvote 0

BillynJennifer

Veteran
Sep 16, 2005
KY
✟9,613.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Okay I have heard something alittle different you mostly here about women having this spirit but a man can have this spirit also, someone who is very controling or tries to be controling basically running everything in a sense:)

That is exactly right GLGA! I used to attend a church where the pastor had a jezebel spirit.

Now, I'm not exactly sure if this is a "demon", per se. I think, rather that this is something in the flesh that was cultivated since someone's childhood.

Billy

Upvote 0

churchlady

De Oppresso Liber
Apr 25, 2005
Virginia
✟22,533.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Private
A true Jezebel spirit is a rebellious spirit. If fully matured, it is lawless, unwilling to submit to any higher authority.
Their conscience is either underdeveloped or seared.

Because rebelliousness is as the sin of witchcraft (according to the Word), it attracts and opens doors to the demonic realm.

Highly developed jezebel spirits are cunning to an art form. They are treacherous. They are masters at masking themselves around most people, while zeroing in on their victim who has something they want - usually power in a church, business, home etc.

They are evil in the sense that they are perfectly willing for others to be hurt in their pursuit of what they want.

They need an Ahab type of personality to enable them. It takes courage and spiritual warfare to bring them down if they get themselves entrenched. It is far better to be a watchman on the wall and recognize what you are dealing with (discernment), before entrenchment occurs.

Upvote 0

SharonL

Senior Veteran
Oct 15, 2005
Texas
Visit site
✟23,316.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A true Jezebel spirit is a rebellious spirit. If fully matured, it is lawless, unwilling to submit to any higher authority.

Because rebelliousness is as the sin of witchcraft (according to the Word), it attracts and opens doors to the demonic realm.

Highly developed jezebel spirits are cunning to an art form. They are treacherous. They are masters at masking themselves around most people, while zeroing in on their victim who has something they want - usually power in a church, business, home etc.

They are evil in the sense that they are perfectly willing for others to be hurt in their pursuit of what they want.

They need an Ahab type of personality to enable them. It takes courage and spiritual warfare to bring them down if they get themselves entrenched. It is far better to be a watchman on the wall and recognize what you are dealing with (discernment), before entrenchment occurs.
You are exactly right - they are very controlling and very dangerous - they take over befor a person even knows it's there. Once the door is open for it to come in - it is there - and not easy to cast away - it holds on for dear life. A Jezebel spirit deals with a lot of witchcraft in their control.

It does not care who it hurts and the more the better. It will control your life until you are not a very nice person.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

~RENEE~

Legend
Jan 21, 2005
home
✟28,526.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

you are so right on with that answer. The jezebel is a spirit of rebellion it not only shows itself through women but men as well.

Upvote 0

churchlady

De Oppresso Liber
Apr 25, 2005
Virginia
✟22,533.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Private

These side issues are actually 'strongholds' in people's lives that can keep them in bondage for decades and even longer.

Soul ties are usually what the world would call co-dependency. It's a form of 'idol' worship.

It's when someone serves another person at the expense of serving God. That service may be out of fear, or extreme need for their approval, or emotional neediness, etc.

Some type of fear is almost always at the root of it.

Repentance is the first step towards freedom.

Reactions: PastorMike
Upvote 0

~RENEE~

Legend
Jan 21, 2005
home
✟28,526.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
A soul ties is a vow that is made declaring that if one declares a secret then their blood will somehow be shed. Such as what the masons swear to when one joins their group. It is very demonic and basically "sells your soul to the devil".

Generational curses are if your ancestors practiced the ocult in some way then the curse of that practice is carried down to as the bible states the third and fourth generations.

But there is an out that out is Jesus. Applying Him to your life destroys all these.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

sherri

Mar 20, 2004
✟10,937.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
All three of them are very big topics and have very big (and very real) effects on the lives of christians. If you're interested, theres plenty of books in christian bookstores that explain them indepth.

EDIT:

Or even better - pray into it, get your bible out and ask God to show you what he would want to show you about all three subjects.

Upvote 0

Jillymac

God is my Strength
Feb 3, 2005
Scotland
✟10,538.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Like others have said very well the Jezebel Spirit is a rebellious spirit, it's also very controlling as well.

I believe in generational curses, many people in Scotland are caught up in the Masonic, my grandparents for example were involved in that. Due to the nature of some of the oaths they take, I believe it does effect generations. There's a book by Yvonne Kitchen called Freemasonry, Death in the Family which may be very good to read for some more information espesh since your Scottish you may find ties to the Masonic, Eastern Star etc. I think she talks about generational curses too.

Upvote 0

BenAdam

Pirate King
Supporter
Jan 10, 2006
Tortuga
✟51,113.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Hey bro,

There is no Jezebel spirit mentioned in the Bible, it is christianese hogwash. What the Bible does say is this:

Re 2:20 Nevertheless, I have this against you: You tolerate that woman Jezebel, who calls herself a prophetess. By her teaching she misleads my servants into sexual immorality and the eating of food sacrificed to idols.

So read up on Jezebel and what she taught.

Generational curses I somewhat think are true, we know that the sins of the father move from generation to generation. Why? Because we emulate our parents, we see this behaviour, it is what was modeled for us. There may be some other things too, but IMHO, the jury is out on that.

Soul Ties, not sure.

Upvote 0

janny108

Feb 7, 2005
Arizona
Visit site
✟16,224.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I guess you could look at genetic disease, like someone inherits a tendency to heart disease because your ma or pa, had it, as a generational curse. But Jesus bore the curses, generational or not. I guess in a way we were all under a generational curse. Some people see it as evil spirits that just live with a family for generations. I'm not sure I believe that.

I just finished up my geneology chart, and got it as far back as the year 1611. Found one murderer in it way back, does that mean I'm destined to commit murder? Most of them are observent Jews, so I inherit that too, and the rest are Church of Christ, I guess I inherit being that too..oh, yeah, and one Priest buried in Westminster Abby..maybe their was more of the good than the bad that cancelled out the one that did murder?:D Our generations don't make up who we are as being in Christ. We are a new creation.

I think when a person becomes a Christian they become a new creation, regardless of past history in themselves or their relatives.

Now they might have to work at not doing learned behaviors learned in family situations. And God will help us do that.:)

Jan

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.