LivingWordUnity

Unchanging Deposit of Faith, Traditional Catholic
May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
St. Teresa Benedicta of the Cross (Edith Stein)

esiconscan1a.jpeg

St Teresa Benedicta of the Cross, Edith Stein, was born in Breslau, Germany (now Wroclaw, Poland), on 12 October 1891, the youngest of 11, as her family was celebrating Yom Kippur, that most important Jewish festival, the Day of Atonement. "More than anything else, this helped make the youngest child very precious to her mother". Being born on this day was like a foreshadowing to Edith, a future Carmelite nun.

Edith's father, who ran a timber business, died when she had just turned two. Her mother, a very devout, hardworking and strong-willed woman, now had to look after the family and their large business. However, she did not succeed in keeping up a living faith in her children. Edith lost her faith in God. "I consciously decided, of my own volition, to give up praying", she said. (Read more)

Sister Rosalind Moss

SisterRosalindMoss.jpg

former Jew and Evangelical minister

“May He guide thy way, who Himself is thine everlasting end: That every step, be swift or slow, still to Himself may tend.”

As I set out to do the unthinkable — to study the claims of the Catholic Church — I clung to this prayer...(Read more)

David Moss

Steve Trombecky

Karen Koskoff

Bob Fishman

Also see:
Association of Hebrew Catholics

Last edited:
Reactions: Tallguy88
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JimR-OCDS

God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love
Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,283.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

LivingWordUnity

May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Here's a quote I found on the Vatican's official website:

"...Islam as a post-Christian religion and does not enter into the fundamental concerns of the Christian religion as Judaism does. As the apostle Paul said in his Letter to the Romans (11,17-24) and as the Second Vatican Council reiterated, the Church of the Gentiles is grafted, is nourished and is supported by the good olive tree of Israel. We can define Christianity without mentioning Islam, but we cannot do so without taking into account Judaism." (Source)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟838,804.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Good point. I agree.
That is what I was taught in RCIA when, as a Jew, I entered the Catholic Church so many years ago. We visit a synagogue for an evening with the rabbi, where he explained much about Judaism. I later taught in RCIA, where we continued this very useful visit each year.

Upvote 0

LivingWordUnity

May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
That is what I was taught in RCIA when, as a Jew, I entered the Catholic Church so many years ago. We visit a synagogue for an evening with the rabbi, where he explained much about Judaism. I later taught in RCIA, where we continued this very useful visit each year.
I didn't know that you are of Jewish ancestry. I've been learning a few things about Jewish traditions recently. I just learned about the Jewish Festival of Succoth which began this year with the blood moon.

Upvote 0