Jewish Americans Support Border Wall For Israel But Not America

Do you support a border wall for the United States?

• Yes

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • No

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • No, but I do support Israel's wall because they're Chosen by God

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MoonofIsaiah

LET YOUR SMILE CHANGE THE WORLD NOT VICE VERSA
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟16,638.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
There's been a border wall up on the southern U.S. border for years. And illegals climb it with hardly any issues. The southern border is a gateway that allows not only illegals but terrorists to enter into America. What Israel suffers now due to terrorism is what America could suffer in future. It isn't like terrorist attacks haven't already occurred in America.

However, there are those who like to avoid that topic of fact because they'd rather argue against a means of preventing easier access to America and as such and by consequence, an escalation in terrorist attacks.
Besides of course Obama allowing Syrian refugees that our own FBI says can't be properly vetted into the country.

And the, "walls don't work!" , crowd aren't aware of how successful they were in China or Germany. And if they didn't work Israel wouldn't be constructing them.

Also, one wonders how many of those "walls don't work" crowd have fences around their own personal private property. If one of them has that they aren't really able to make a credible argument against a wall on our southern border.
We already have border crossings that police who enters in under color of law. Should we close those too?

The open border policy in this age is suicide.

Reactions: Uncle Siggy
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

And the, "walls don't work!" , crowd aren't aware of how successful they were in China or Germany. And if they didn't work Israel wouldn't be constructing them.

Two points.

I. Germany's wall was about 1/50th the size of Trump's proposed wall, and included a moat, barbed wire, guard dogs, and trained communist soldiers with standing orders: "shoot to kill."

People still got through.

II. The Great Wall of China was never intended to keep invaders out, but rather, to keep them from escaping with their loot.

It didn't work.

Also, one wonders how many of those "walls don't work" crowd have fences around their own personal private property. If one of them has that they aren't really able to make a credible argument against a wall on our southern border.

You'll notice that people with fences still get robbed...

Last edited:
Reactions: ViaCrucis
Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟379,648.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
There's been a border wall up on the southern U.S. border for years. And illegals climb it with hardly any issues. The southern border is a gateway that allows not only illegals but terrorists to enter into America. What Israel suffers now due to terrorism is what America could suffer in future. It isn't like terrorist attacks haven't already occurred in America.

However, there are those who like to avoid that topic of fact because they'd rather argue against a means of preventing easier access to America and as such and by consequence, an escalation in terrorist attacks.
Besides of course Obama allowing Syrian refugees that our own FBI says can't be properly vetted into the country.

We already have border crossings that police who enters in under color of law. Should we close those too?

The open border policy in this age is suicide.
I was in favor of Duncan Hunter's wall proposal, for the whole Southern border. Then I found out about how the dealers tunneled under the wall in his district a few years after it was built. A wall at this point seems to be a waste of money.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I was in favor of Duncan Hunter's wall proposal, for the whole Southern border. Then I found out about how the dealers tunneled under the wall in his district a few years after it was built. A wall at this point seems to be a waste of money.

Ah, but remember this is government spending... it's never a waste when it's someone else's money...

Reactions: aieyiamfu
Upvote 0

MoonofIsaiah

LET YOUR SMILE CHANGE THE WORLD NOT VICE VERSA
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟16,638.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
There has to be something that can be installed beneath the wall that can prevent tunneling. If there's something that can prevent varmints from tunneling under pasture land fences the same has to be available for the human type.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟554,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
There has to be something that can be installed beneath the wall that can prevent tunneling. If there's something that can prevent varmints from tunneling under pasture land fences the same has to be available for the human type.
Reported.

Upvote 0

LinguaIgnota

Nov 26, 2014
✟59,588.00
Faith
Atheist
Sometimes, late at night, after having browsed a couple of message boards, I get the thought that maybe a wall isn't such a bad idea. Not to keep anyone out but to keep Americans in. The thoughts quickly disappear, though, when I remind myself what an incredibly impractical and ineffective structure such a wall would be. Americans would just as easily get out as terrorists could get in. It's all a matter of means and motivation. Heck, to circumvent a wall, all one would need is a boat. There are miles and miles of unmonitored shoreline.

Since 9/11 2001, approximately 90 people have been killed in terrorist attacks on American soil. Half of those by the hands of right wing extremists. In comparison, an average of 29 people die from lightning strikes each year; making the total number of deaths by lightning exceed 400 since 9/11 2001. You are more likely to be crushed to death by a falling tv or other piece of furniture than you are of dying in a terrorist attack.
With this in mind, I suggest that the fear of terrorism is irrational and highly exaggerated. I suspect the millions of dollars your government would have to sink into such a pointless project could be better spent somewhere else. Perhaps on education and mandatory field trips into reality...

Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟278,166.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Since 9/11 2001, approximately 90 people have been killed in terrorist attacks on American soil. Half of those by the hands of right wing extremists. In comparison, an average of 29 people die from lightning strikes each year; making the total number of deaths by lightning exceed 400 since 9/11 2001. You are more likely to be crushed to death by a falling tv or other piece of furniture than you are of dying in a terrorist attack.
With this in mind, I suggest that the fear of terrorism is irrational and highly exaggerated. I suspect the millions of dollars your government would have to sink into such a pointless project could be better spent somewhere else. Perhaps on education and mandatory field trips into reality...

Terrorism isn't even the issue. Very little of the crime that makes the streets unsafe in so many areas of America (and Europe) is terrorism.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Well that couldn't possibly cost any additional money, like say more than the wall itself. Short of landmines, you won't stop them, they will dig deeper or a different location.

The wall is stupid, even Israel's "wall" isn't a wall over the vast majority of its length. It's actually a triple layer fence. Its the guards that keep people out.

Upvote 0