LivingWordUnity

Unchanging Deposit of Faith, Traditional Catholic
May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
No one today knows what exact skin color Jesus Christ had. It could have been darker or it could have been light. I think the reason it's not mentioned in the gospels is that we should be focused on the more important things about Jesus.

Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
No one today knows what exact skin color Jesus Christ had. It could have been darker or it could have been light. I think the reason it's not mentioned in the gospels is that we should be focused on the more important things about Jesus.

Your best bet is to look at the color of Sephardic Jews who's communities never left Israel.

Upvote 0

Sword of the Lord

In need of a physician.
Dec 29, 2012
Not in Heaven yet
✟145,484.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Notice how it's almost always non-whites who talk about his color?

Upvote 0

topcare

The Eucharist is Life
Apr 8, 2014
✟12,064.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Famous Sephardic Jews

logo
azaria1-sized.jpg

http://www.lastar.org/sephardic-culture/famous-sephardim/

http://hub.yourtakeonspirituality.com/hub/sephardi

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟429,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Your best bet is to look at the color of Sephardic Jews who's communities never left Israel.

Why would Jesus be Sephardic, not Mizrahi? I thought Mizrahi Jews included those in the Levant area.

Reactions: Rhamiel
Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Why would Jesus be Sephardic, not Mizrahi? I thought Mizrahi Jews included those in the Levant area.

I generally just consider Mizrahi to be Sephardic due to following the same traditions. Most breakups of groups I see don't include the Mizrahi as a third group but group them with Sephardic.

Upvote 0

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟429,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
I generally just consider Mizrahi to be Sephardic due to following the same traditions. Most breakups of groups I see don't include the Mizrahi as a third group but group them with Sephardic.

Oh, okay. Thank you. I am aware that there are various traditions followed among different Jews, but I thought they were also subdivided according to their places of origin, since when you look up, e.g., Sephardic Jews in English-language reference works, it basically says "Jews from the Iberian peninsula, including those originating from there found in Morocco, Turkey, etc."

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,090,405.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I think they could estimate his height from the Shroud of Turin.

Actually, that analysis says 5'8" to 5'9".

http://greatshroudofturinfaq.com/Science/Image/height.html

This scholar says 5'1".

If I was to take an educated guess I would say that Jesus would probably not be the 5′ 11″-6′ 2″ that seems to be suggested by the Shroud Of Turin. The fact is that 6′ 0″ by today’s standards can be considered tall in some nations and even in some parts of the US, due to ethnic demographics. The other suggested height of 5′ 1″ seems more reasonable, although it seems to me to be a little on the short side, but how would I know what the average male height of people in biblical israel be.

http://www.naturalheightgrowth.com/2012/12/20/how-tall-is-the-height-of-jesus-christ/

The average height and weight of Israeli men at that time was 5'1" and 110 pounds.

Upvote 0