Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
What does it mean when the Bible says Jesus is the "first-born?"

Romans 8:29- firstborn among many brethren
Colossians 1:15- firstborn of all creation
Hebrews 1:6- God brings the firstborn into the world

I understand when Jesus is called the firstborn from the dead it means that he is the first one resurrected. (Col. 1:18 & Rev. 1:5) But what does it mean for him to be the "firstborn" in these other contexts?

Last edited by a moderator:

twin1954

Baptist by the Bible
Jun 12, 2011
✟86,544.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
What does it mean when the Bible says Jesus is the "first-born?"

Romans 8:29- firstborn among many brethren
Colossians 1:15- firstborn of all creation
Hebrews 1:6- God brings the firstborn into the world

I understand when Jesus is called the firstborn from the dead it means that he is the first one resurrected. (Col. 1:18 & Rev. 1:5) But what does it mean for him to be the "firstborn" in these other contexts?
The firstborn receives the birthright and the inheritance and takes the place of the patriarch in the family. He becomes head of the family and is responsible for the family.

Jesus is the firstborn of the family of God in that He deserves the inheritance of all of Heavens glory and sits on the throne of dominion ruling all things for the good of His people.

Does that satisfy your needs or do you need for me to go deeper? I will if you need for me to. :)

Upvote 0

twin1954

Baptist by the Bible
Jun 12, 2011
✟86,544.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
One more thing. I take great comfort in knowing that my Elder Brother sits on the throne of the universe ruling all things for my good. The King of Glory is my Elder Brother who watches over me and sees to it that no harm shall come to me. I sit under the shadow of His wings and He loves me and gave Himself for me.

Upvote 0