Jesus Never Told Us To Climb Mountains (2)

Optimax

Senior Veteran
May 7, 2006
New Mexico
✟41,659.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
INHERITANCE XVII

We have seen that Job’s fear caused his hedge of protection to be lowered.

Thereby allowing Satan to attack him.

We also saw that when Job was under pressure he condemned God to prove himself right.

Thereby prolonging and escalating Satan’s attack on him.

When Job repented God forgave Job and gave him double of what he had before.

From what we saw in Job’s life.

We can avoid getting ourselves into a similar situation by learning to not operate in fear.

Fear opens the door to the devil’s attacks in our lives, just as fear opened the door to the devil in Job’s life.

We spent all that time on Job as part of our study on our adversary the devil.

We are learning who our adversary, the devil is.

What the devil has.

What the devil can do.

Our subject is the inheritance that saved/born again (Rom 10:9) people have.

Col 3:24
Knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ. KJV

This inheritance is not for those who are NOT saved/born again (Rom 10:9).

Our next focus of study will be what the devil has.

We will use Revelation the 12 chapter to establish some things regarding the devil.

Ready?

OK, lets begin.

Revelation 12 begins with a wonder appearing in heaven.

The wonder was a woman clothed with the sun.

The moon was under her feet.

Upon her head was a crown of 12 stars.

Rev 12:1
And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars: KJV

Lot of questions in that verse.

Who is the woman?

What does “clothed with the sun” mean?

What does the moon under her feet represent?

What does the crown of twelve stars represent?

Verse two says that she (the woman) “being with child cried, travailing in birth, and pained to be delivered”.

Rev 12:2
And she being with child cried, travailing in birth, and pained to be delivered. KJV

So we have information about “the woman” that she brought forth a child.

Verse 5 gives us more information.

The child “the woman” brought forth was a “man child”.

This “man child” was to rule all nations with a rod of iron, was caught up unto God, and to his throne.

Rev 12:5
And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne. KJV

So we can clearly see and understand that the “man child” is Jesus.

If we stopped there we would think that the woman was Mary.

However, verse six reveals more information about “the woman”.

Verse six says that “the woman” “fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days”.

Rev 12:6
And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days. KJV

Mary did not flee into the wilderness where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days.

Verse 12 says “And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for a time, and times, and half a time, from the face of the serpent”.

Rev 12:14
And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for a time, and times, and half a time, from the face of the serpent. KJV

Verse 12 repeats what verse 6 said.

“The woman” is not referencing Mary.

“The woman” is the nation that Mary lived in, which was Israel.

Verses six and twelve are referring to the time that Jesus mentioned.

In Matthew Chapter 24:15 Jesus is speaking to the Jews that “see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet”.

The abomination of desolation is the anti Christ that will be in power during the seven year tribulation.

Jesus, speaking to those who are alive then and see the anti Christ “stand in the holy place”.

Matt 24:15-22
15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:)

The “holy place” is the holy of holies in the temple.
Mark uses the phrase “standing where it ought not” to describe the place where the anti Christ would stand.

Mark 13:14
But when ye shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing where it ought not, (let him that readeth understand,) then let them that be in Judaea flee to the mountains: KJV

This event happens in the middle of the tribulation period.

Jesus instructed those which be in Judaea to flee into the mountains.

16 Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains:

Jesus stressed the urgency to leave immediately, wasting no time, when they saw the anti Christ in the “holy place”

17 Let him which is on the housetop not come down to take any thing out of his house:

18 Neither let him which is in the field return back to take his clothes.

19 And woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days!

20 But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day:

21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.

22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened. KJV

Most who study these times believe that the place that is prepared for “the woman”.

The place where those in Israel at the time they see the anti Christ enter into the holy place.

Most believe the location or “place” they will flee to is “Petra”.

Petra is a historical and archaeological city in the southern Jordanian governorate of Ma'an that is famous for its rock-cut architecture and water conduit system.

It is located in a hidden valley accessible only through a very narrow and high canyon.

If you are interested in learning more about Petra “google” it on the internet.

We will continue from here next time.
:)

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
We have seen that Job’s fear caused his hedge of protection to be lowered.

Thereby allowing Satan to attack him.

Where is this stated?

and from thread #1:

Originally Posted by brinny View Post
Was there something deeper going on here, that was in sync with what took place at the beginning of the book of Job?

Did Job ever stop being God's servant? Did he ever turn his back on God? Did he curse God? Hate God?

What verses indicate Job's heart for God? Did his heart for God change? During any of this did he hate or despise God?

Thank you kindly.

Optimax' response:

Job neither hated God, nor turned his back on God.

Even though Job was condemning God to prove himself right.

Job remained "trusting" God, even if God killed him.

Job 13:15
Though he slay me, yet will I trust in him: but I will maintain mine own ways before him. KJV

Job was "condemning" God?

Job's laments could've been right out of Psalms 27 and 28 and many many more.

In none of Job's lamenting, did he "condemn" God.

Thank you kindly.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Optimax

Senior Veteran
May 7, 2006
New Mexico
✟41,659.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Where is this stated?

and from thread #1:

Optimax' response:

Job was "condemning" God?

Job's laments could've been right out of Psalms 27 and 28 and many many more.

In none of Job's lamenting, did he "condemn" God.

Thank you kindly.

Again,

God said in Chapter 40:8 that Job did.

Job 40:8
Are you going to discredit my justice and condemn me so you can say you are right? NLT

If God said that Job condemned Him.

Then Job condemned God so he could say that he was right.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Was God charging Job with Sin:

being self-righteous
condemning God

= sinning

Or was there something much LARGER going on here?

Was God making this point? Was God bringing full-circle what began in the beginning of the book of Job, and the point was that this was BEYOND Job, and in essence, had NOTHING to do with Job?

WAS all that occurred even ABOUT "Job"?

Did God's grace uphold Job during all of this, even if Job, in all of his agony, was unable to detect Him or experience His presence thus sensing "hope" in all of this.

Was God saying that this ALL was beyond Job, and it was about God's "character" under fire here by the accuser, Satan, although Job was unaware of it? And that Satan was chomping at the bit to prompt Job, by whatever means God allowed him to, to "curse God and die"?

DID Job DO this?

Thank you kindly.

Upvote 0

Optimax

Senior Veteran
May 7, 2006
New Mexico
✟41,659.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
INHERITANCE XVIII

These verses make it clear that “the Woman” in Revelation 12 is the nation of Israel from which Jesus came.

Let’s continue with chapter 12.

Verse 3 speaks of another wonder that appeared in heaven.

A great red dragon, which is one of the names used in scripture for the devil.

The seven heads, ten horns, seven crowns on the dragon represent the authority the devil has over the kingdoms of the earth.

We know that Satan gained that authority from Adam.

We know he has that authority because the devil tempted Jesus offering to delegate that authority to Jesus if Jesus would worship him.

Luke 4:5-7
5 And the devil, taking him up into an high mountain, shewed unto him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time.
6 And the devil said unto him, All this power will I give thee, and the glory of them: for that is delivered unto me; and to whomsoever I will I give it.
7 If thou therefore wilt worship me, all shall be thine. KJV

Rev 12:3-4

3 And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads.

Verse 4a says “his tail drew a third part of the stars of heaven”.

The devil does not have a tail.

He does not wear a red suite and carry a pitchfork either.

When it is election time.

A popular president might help another person running for office with his influence.

It is said that that candidate got into office one the coattails of the president.

The word “tail” is speaking if the devils influence on some of the amgels of God.

When the devil, then known as Lucifer rebelled.

He convinced a third of the angels to rebel with him.

4a And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven,

The verse continues saying “and did cast them to the earth”.

4b and did cast them to the earth:

Lets spend some time on that statement.

There are many different opinions about “when” this casting to the earth occurred.

What I see when I study the subject is that they were cast to the earth when they rebelled against God.

They were cast to the earth before Adam was created.

The “when” being before Gen 1:2

The devil was already there on the planet and showed up to tempt Eve without any explanation of who he is or how he came to be.

No account given for him in Genesis.

He just shows up, indicating he was already on the planet for some reason.

The reason being that as a result of his rebellion against God.

Lucifer, the devil, was cast to the earth with most of the angels that rebelled with him.

If you have questions about this, ask and I will address it in more detail.

Verse 4 continues.

The devil was watching the woman (Israel), waiting, with the intention of killing her child as soon as it was born.

4c and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born. KJV

Remember that God said that the seed of “the woman” would crush him.

Gen 3:15
And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel. KJV

We get more information about the dragon in verse 7.

Verse seven says there was a war in heaven.

This is speaking of the time that Lucifer, the devil rebelled against God.

When that rebellion occurred it caused a war in heaven.

God’s Angels against Lucifer and the third of the angels that rebelled with him.

God’s Angels were led by Michael.

They fought, that is all the details we are given about the war.

We do not know how they fought, just that they fought.

Rev 12:7-9

7 And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

The outcome of the war is revealed.

Lucifer and his bunch lost and had no right to be in heaven any more.

8 And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.

Therefore they were all cast out of heaven.

Satan, the devil, also called “that old serpent”, the Dragon was cast out heaven.

Those angels that followed him sere also cast out.

9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him. KJV

They were all cast out into the earth.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
INHERITANCE XVIII

These verses make it clear that “the Woman” in Revelation 12 is the nation of Israel from which Jesus came.

Let’s continue with chapter 12.

Verse 3 speaks of another wonder that appeared in heaven.

A great red dragon, which is one of the names used in scripture for the devil.

The seven heads, ten horns, seven crowns on the dragon represent the authority the devil has over the kingdoms of the earth.

We know that Satan gained that authority from Adam.

We know he has that authority because the devil tempted Jesus offering to delegate that authority to Jesus if Jesus would worship him.

Luke 4:5-7
5 And the devil, taking him up into an high mountain, shewed unto him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time.
6 And the devil said unto him, All this power will I give thee, and the glory of them: for that is delivered unto me; and to whomsoever I will I give it.
7 If thou therefore wilt worship me, all shall be thine. KJV

Rev 12:3-4

3 And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads.

Verse 4a says “his tail drew a third part of the stars of heaven”.

The devil does not have a tail.

He does not wear a red suite and carry a pitchfork either.

When it is election time.

A popular president might help another person running for office with his influence.

It is said that that candidate got into office one the coattails of the president.

The word “tail” is speaking if the devils influence on some of the amgels of God.

When the devil, then known as Lucifer rebelled.

4a And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven,

The verse continues saying “and did cast them to the earth”.

4b and did cast them to the earth:

Lets spend some time on that statement.

There are many different opinions about “when” this casting to the earth occurred.

What I see when I study the subject is that they were cast to the earth when they rebelled against God.

They were cast to the earth before Adam was created.

The “when” being before Gen 1:2

The devil was already there on the planet and showed up to tempt Eve without any explanation of who he is or how he came to be.

No account given for him in Genesis.

He just shows up, indicating he was already on the planet for some reason.

The reason being that as a result of his rebellion against God.

Lucifer, the devil, was cast to the earth with most of the angels that rebelled with him.

If you have questions about this, ask and I will address it in more detail.

Verse 4 continues.

The devil was watching the woman (Israel), waiting, with the intention of killing her child as soon as it was born.

4c and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born. KJV

Remember that God said that the seed of “the woman” would crush him.

Gen 3:15
And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel. KJV

We get more information about the dragon in verse 7.

Verse seven says there was a war in heaven.

This is speaking of the time that Lucifer, the devil rebelled against God.

When that rebellion occurred it caused a war in heaven.

God’s Angels against Lucifer and the third of the angels that rebelled with him.

God’s Angels were led by Michael.

They fought, that is all the details we are given about the war.

We do not know how they fought, just that they fought.

7 And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

Satan, the devil, also called “that old serpent”, the Dragon was cast out heaven.

Those angels that followed him sere also cast out.

9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him. KJV

i must confess, the book of Revelation has always been a bit confusing for me....

Upvote 0

Optimax

Senior Veteran
May 7, 2006
New Mexico
✟41,659.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
INHERITANCE XIX

Those angels that followed him were also cast out.

Remember that this chapter is not written in chronological order.

We see that statements are made and then a few verses later more information is given.

The Book of Revelation in also not written in chronological order.

Some chapters deal with what is going on in heaven.

Some chapters deal with what is going on in the earth.

Some chapters, as does chapter twelve, deal with what is going on both in heaven as well as earth.

Some verses in chapter twelve also cover thousands of years, as does verses 10 –12.

After the devil and his bunch were cast out of heaven came salvation, strength, the kingdom of our God and the power of his Christ.

A lot of things happened between the devil being cast down and salvation, strength, the kingdom of our God and the power of his Christ came.

Rev 12:10-12
10 And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.

After the devil was cast down to the earth Adam and Eve was created and given dominion over the earth and all that was in it.

We know Adam messed up, which resulted in the devil gaining some of the authority that was given to Man.

Jesus came when the time was right and redeemed man.

That resulted in every born again person (Rom 10:9) on the planet or who had ever lived or would ever live on the planet having the ability to overcome the devil in this world.

11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.

The devil being mad because his rebellion did not work has great wrath against those who live on the earth.

12 Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time. KJV

Even though he knows his time is short.

Because he is a deceiver.

He is also deceived.

He thinks he can still win.

Understand this about Satan.

He is totally serious about his agenda.

Jesus described him accurately as having ever intention to steal, kill and destroy.

John 10:10
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly. KJV

The next verse shows the devil pursing his agenda.

The dragon (Satan) persecuted “the woman” (the Jewish Nation) from which the child Jesus was born.

Rev 12:13
And when the dragon saw that he was cast unto the earth, he persecuted the woman which brought forth the man child. KJV

Throughout history the devil has done his best to eliminate the Jews.

It is easily seen in the events of today that agenda is clearly seen.

It is Iran’s intent to destroy Israel.

They have said so more than once.

It seems that many nations are “helping” them including the US under the present administration.

Iran is being “helped” by nations prolonging “talks” on a nuclear deal which is allowing Iran to continue full speed in developing nuclear weapons.

We have seen that midway through the seven year tribulation period.

Those Jews who know and receives Jesus’ instructions to them to flee.

Jesus told them as recorded in Mt. 24 to flee when they saw the anti-Christ enter into the holy place.

As mentioned before it is believed that the place they are to flee to is Petra.

Rev 12:14-17
14 And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for a time, and times, and half a time, from the face of the serpent.

The devil pursed the Jews.

His pursuit of them is describes as a flood attempting to carry away or completely destroy them.

15 And the serpent cast out of his mouth water as a flood after the woman, that he might cause her to be carried away of the flood.

These verses have differing opinions about what is meant.

Many make “the woman” the church.

The earth helped the woman (Jews).

The earth opened her mouth and swallowed up the flood.

16 And the earth helped the woman, and the earth opened her mouth, and swallowed up the flood which the dragon cast out of his mouth.

I agree with The Wycliff Bible Commentary which says.

The earth's aiding the woman (v. 16) may represent, as Walter Scott says, the governments of the earth befriending the Jew "and providentially (how, we know not) frustrating the efforts of the serpent" (Exposition of the Revelation of Jesus Christ, in loco).
(from The Wycliffe Bible Commentary, Electronic Database. Copyright © 1962 by Moody Press. All rights reserved.)

Verse 17 does reference the church “with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ”.

17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ. KJV

We will pick it up here next time.

Upvote 0

souldier2

Apr 4, 2015
✟211.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Im not sure Job was operating out of fear. I think it was suffering, he suffered greatly. I keep trying to understand why people seem to talk about fear like its something evil. Fear is just a normal response to danger. Besides that we often see people in the bible who were struck with fear at the sight of angels. Mary was one of them. But here is job talking to God and it doesn't say he was struck with fear. Jesus said fear not, and so do the angels in many scriptures, so if Job feared then wouldn't God say "fear not Job"?

Upvote 0

Optimax

Senior Veteran
May 7, 2006
New Mexico
✟41,659.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
INHERITANCE XX

By our study of Revelation Chapter twelve we got a look at some of the devils past and some understanding of why he is what he is today.

As Lucifer, an angel of God.

He wanted to be God.

He convinced himself that he could overthrow God and take over.

There was war in heaven and Lucifer, the devil, was cast out of heaven into the earth.

The third of the angels that rebelled with him was also cast out.

In our study of our inheritance, as mentioned numerous places in scripture.

We learn about the devil because he is our adversary.

His agenda against you is to kill steal and destroy in every area of your life.

He is very, very serious about his agenda and is relentless in his pursuit against people especially those who are born again (Rom 10:9).

That by no means suggest that we should fear the devil.

It does mean that we should not be ignorant of the way he operates and what his agenda’s are, as well as his strageties.

Eph 6:11
Put on God's whole armor [the armor of a heavy-armed soldier which God supplies], that you may be able successfully to stand up against [all] the strategies and the deceits of the devil. AMP

Let’s continue now with our study of our inheritance with a review of what we have learned so far.

We began with Col 3:24 which mentions our inheritance.

Col 3:24
Knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ. KJV

The inheritance was made available to us when we were born again.

That is the first step in living a successful life.

People who die, never receiving Jesus, thereby being born again (Rom 10:9).

Those people are not successful in life at all.

Because the very reason a person is born is to make that choice.

No matter how much money they might have had.

No matter all the “things” they bought with their money.

No matter what positions they may have obtained.

No matter how they were esteemed by men.

Their life was not successful.

Being born again was a “graduation”.

We graduated from the power of darkness into the kingdom of God.

Col 1:12-13
12 Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:
13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son: KJV

God gave us a down payment on our inheritance.

The word “earnest” means down payment.

2 Cor 5:5
Now he that hath wrought us for the selfsame thing is God, who also hath given unto us the earnest of the Spirit. KJV

Our second “graduation” occurs at Rapture and was covered beginning with “INHERITANCE IV”.

At that “graduation” we receive a body like Jesus has.

It is called a glorified body.

Every time we “graduate” we begin, hopefully, to learn and prepare for our next graduation.

Once we experience the event called the Rapture we begin to prepare for our next graduation.

We only have about seven years to prepare for the next graduation.

That is because the time of the tribulation period on earth is seven years.

It will probably be more than seven years because of what we will call “transition time”.

That would be the time between when the Rapture occurred and the actual seven years begin.

Then we began to cover those things concerning our adversary the devil.

Daniel revealed that the seven year tribulation period begins with the signing of a treaty.

In Daniel’s prophecy one week equals seven years.

The one that signs the treaty is the anti-Christ.

He signs the treaty with Israel, which finally will bring peace to the middle east.

Dan 9:27
And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate. KJV

However that peace only last about three and a half years.

In the middle of “the week”, the seven year period.

The anti-Christ after 3 ½ years will enter the holy place of the temple and proclaim himself as God.

At that point great tribulation comes upon the earth.

We know it is great tribulation because Jesus said in Matthew 24 that it was.

The events that occur during this three and a half year period are many and some hard to explain.

Those events are described in the Book of Revelation.

We will not attempt to go thru them all for several reasons.

Number one reason being because I do not understand nor know them all.

Number two reason being that it would be too involved and take too long to even attempt for our study.

However we can learn enough about the time of the tribulation by studying what Jesus said.

We will begin that study next time.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Optimax

Senior Veteran
May 7, 2006
New Mexico
✟41,659.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
INHERITANCE XXI

Daniel revealed that the seven year tribulation period begins with the signing of a treaty.

In Daniel’s prophecy one week equals seven years.

The one that signs the treaty is the anti-Christ.

He signs the treaty with Israel, which finally will bring peace to the middle east.

Dan 9:27
And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate. KJV

However that peace only last about three and a half years.

In the middle of “the week”, the seven year period.

The anti-Christ after 3 ½ years will enter the holy place of the temple and proclaim himself as God.

At that point great tribulation comes upon the earth.

We know it is great tribulation because Jesus said in Matthew 24 that it was.

The events that occur during this three and a half year period are many and some hard to explain.

Those events are described in the Book of Revelation.

We will not attempt to go thru them all for several reasons.

Number one reason being because I do not understand nor know them all.

Number two reason being that it would be too involved and take too long to even attempt for our study.

However we can learn enough about the time of the tribulation by studying what Jesus said.

Matthew Chapter 24 begins with Jesus leaving the temple.

As they left the temple his disciples drew his attention to the buildings of the temple.

Josephus, a historian who lived during these events “speaks of stones forty cubits long (Jewish War, v. 5. 1.), and says the pillars supporting the porches were twenty-five cubits high, all of one stone, and that the whitest marble”.
(from Jamieson, Fausset, and Brown Commentary, Electronic Database. Copyright © 1997, 2003 by Biblesoft, Inc. All rights reserved.)

Matt 24:1-3
24:1 And Jesus went out, and departed from the temple: and his disciples came to him for to shew him the buildings of the temple.

Mark 13:1 says;
As Jesus was leaving the Temple that day, one of his disciples said, "Teacher, look at these tremendous buildings! Look at the massive stones in the walls!" NLT

Jesus told them there would come a time that all the buildings would be demolished.

2 And Jesus said unto them, See ye not all these things? verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.

The disciples ask Jesus in private three questions.

3 And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world? KJV

The disciples ask;
1. When shall these things happen?
2. What shall be the sign of thy coming?
3. What shall be the sign of the end of the world?

Jesus responded and told them not to let anyone deceive them.

Jesus told them there would be many that would deceive many people by telling them that they were the Messiah.

Matt 24:4-5
4 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.

5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many. KJV

Josephus informs us that there were many who pretended to divine inspiration; who deceived the people, leading out numbers of them into the desert. "The land," says He "was overrun with magicians, seducers, and impostors, who drew the people after them in multitudes into solitudes and deserts, to see I the signs and miracles which they promised to show by the power of God." Among these are mentioned particularly Dositheus, the Samaritan, who affirmed that He was Christ; Simon Magus, who said He appeared among the Jews as the Son of God; and Theudas, who persuaded many to go with him to the river Jordan, to see the waters divided. The names of 24 false Messiahs are recorded as having appeared between the time of the Emperor Adrian and the year 1682.
(from Barnes' Notes, Electronic Database Copyright © 1997, 2003 by Biblesoft, Inc. All rights reserved.)

Remember that Jesus is speaking to the Jewish People.

He is not speaking to the “church”.

Much confusion occurs when the events Jesus is disclosing is applied to us today, or the church at anytime.

Understand also that the disciples were very familiar being Jews with the prophecy of Daniel concerning the 70 weeks.

If you want to understand more about the 70 weeks.

Read my teaching thread about Daniel’s 70 weeks HERE.

That knowledge of the 70 weeks along with Jesus’ statement that the temple would be destroyed prompted the questions the disciples ask.

Jesus spoke of wars declared and/or wars threatened.

However these wars were not actually carried out.

Josephus said that Bardanes declared war against the Jews.

But did not actually do it.

Also Vologeses, declared war against the Jews.

Also not carried out.

Josephus also said that Vitellius, a governor of Syria, also declared war against Aretas.

Aretas was a king of Arabia.

He wanted to lead his army through Palestine, but the death of Tiberius prevented the war.

This all comes from writings of Josephus in Antiq. xviii. 5. 3.
Jesus told them that the end was not yet.

Matt 24:6-8
6 You are going to hear the noise of battles close by and the news of battles far away; but do not be troubled. Such things must happen, but they do not mean that the end has come.

Jesus said that there would be wars between different countries.

He also mentioned famines and earthquakes.

7 Countries will fight each other; kingdoms will attack one another. There will be famines and earthquakes everywhere.

A famine was mentioned by Agubus in Acts 11:28.

Josephus recorded that many people perished for want of food in Jerusalem in Antiq. xx. 2.

In the reign of Claudius from 41 AD - 54 AD there was four famines which prevailed in Rome, Palestine, and Greece.

Famines and earthquakes have occurred since that time, even until this present hour.

Jesus said “All these things are like the first pains of childbirth”.

8 All these things are like the first pains of childbirth. TEV

Upvote 0

Optimax

Senior Veteran
May 7, 2006
New Mexico
✟41,659.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
INHERITANCE XXII

Matt 24:6-8
6 You are going to hear the noise of battles close by and the news of battles far away; but do not be troubled. Such things must happen, but they do not mean that the end has come.

Jesus said that there would be wars between different countries.

He also mentioned famines and earthquakes.

7 Countries will fight each other; kingdoms will attack one another. There will be famines and earthquakes everywhere.

A famine was mentioned by Agubus in Acts 11:28.

Josephus recorded that many people perished for want of food in Jerusalem in Antiq. xx. 2.

In the reign of Claudius from 41 AD - 54 AD there was four famines which prevailed in Rome, Palestine, and Greece.

Famines and earthquakes have occurred since that time, even until this present hour.

Jesus said “All these things are like the first pains of childbirth”.

8 All these things are like the first pains of childbirth. TEV

The pains of childbirth grow in intensity as the time of birth draws closer.

Famines and earthquakes grow in intensity as the last day approaches.

The average rate of big earthquakes — those larger than magnitude 7 — has been 10 per year since 1979, the study reports. That rate rose to 12.5 per year starting in 1992, and then jumped to 16.7 per year starting in 2010 — a 65 percent increase compared to the rate since 1979. This increase accelerated in the first three months of 2014 to more than double the average since 1979, the researchers report. (Source is livescience.com).

Jesus told them that all of that was just the beginning of “sorrows”.

Remember that Jesus is speaking to the Jews not to the church (born again people, Rom 10:9)

Matt 24:9-14
9 Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.

Remember the holocaust?

10 And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another.

11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.

12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.

Jesus “summarizes” many years in a few verses.

Verse 13 is referring to the tribulation period.

Jesus deals more with the tribulation time in some of the following verses.

During the tribulation period those who are alive and endure (do not take the mark of the beast) to the end.

13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

What are they saved for?

They enter the millennium.

Jesus said that the gospel of the kingdom would be preached everywhere in the world before the “end”.

14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.
KJV

In verse 15 Jesus issues a warning.

Again the warning is not to the church but to the Jews that are living at the time of the event he mentioned.

Jesus said when they see an event happen “understand what it means”.

Matt 24:15
When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:) KJV

The “abomination of desolation” is a reference to the anti-Christ.

Jesus is telling the Jews that when they see this happen to understand the seriousness of what is happening.

The event Jesus is speaking of, is when the anti-Christ enters the holy place and declares himself to be god.

Jesus does not leave them “hanging”.

He tells them what to do.

He tells them to get to the mountains quickly.

Matt 24:16
Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains: KJV

Then Jesus gives them further instructions which amplifies the seriousness of the situation.

Jesus says if it happens and your on the housetop don’t take waste time to get stuff from inside the house, just go immediately.

Matt 24:17-20

17 Let him which is on the housetop not come down to take any thing out of his house:

Jesus says if it happens and your in the field don’t waste time going to get some clothes, go immediately.

18 Neither let him which is in the field return back to take his clothes.

He said those with child would have a tougher time.

They have to flee and care for the child at the same time.

19 And woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days!

Winter would also be harder as well as if the even occurred on the sabbath day.

20 But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day: KJV

Jesus said beginning with the anti-Christ entering the holy place “great tribulation” would begin.

This event happens three and a half years into the seven year tribulation.

Matt 24:21
For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be. KJV

The last three and a half years of the seven, Jesus describe as “great tribulation”.

That means the last three and a half years are extremely bad.

Jesus said because those days were so terrible they were “shortened”

Matt 24:22
And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened. KJV

How were they “shortened”?

God only allowed the last 3 1/2 years to be great tribulation instead of all seven.

Next time.

Upvote 0

Optimax

Senior Veteran
May 7, 2006
New Mexico
✟41,659.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
INHERITANCE XXIII

Matt 24:21
For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be. KJV

The last three and a half years of the seven, Jesus describe as “great tribulation”.

That means the last three and a half years are extremely bad.

Jesus said because those days were so terrible they were “shortened”

Matt 24:22
And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened. KJV

How were they “shortened”?

God only allowed the last 3 1/2 years to be great tribulation instead of all seven.

Jesus again issues a warning about false Christ.

Matt 24:23-27

23 Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.

Notice in verse 23 that Jesus said “Then”.

“Then” is referring to the time of great tribulation.

Jesus is warning that in the great tribulation there will also be false Christ and false prophets.

These false Christ and prophets will “shew great signs and wonders”.

24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

These false Christ and prophets lead up to the beast mentioned in Revelation that will do great wonders.

The beast can make fire come down from heaven.

This is not a reference to the heaven where God lives, but to the sky.

Verse 15 says that the beast gives life to the image of the beast, causing the image to speak and kill those who would not worship the beast.

Rev 13:11-15

11 And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon.

12 And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed.

13 And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men,

14 And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.

15 And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed. KJV

In verse 25 of Matt 24 Jesus reminds them that He had told them before about false Christ.

25 Behold, I have told you before.

He tells them not to believe reports of Him being in different locations.

26 Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.

Jesus says that when He comes it won’t be quietly or not noticed.

He said when He came He would be clearly seen.

As Jesus comes to touch down on earth He will move across the sky brightly from one horizon to the other.

27 For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
KJV

The meaning of verse 28 in the KJV is not readily clear.

28 For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together. KJV

The NLT clears it up.

Matt 24:28
Just as the gathering of vultures shows there is a carcass nearby, so these signs indicate that the end is near. NLT

Jesus says that as soon as the time of the great tribulation comes to an end the sun will be darkened, the moon will not give her light.

This could be caused by an eclipse.

It could also be a supernatural act of God.

Matt 24:29-30
Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:

I believe the “stars” falling from heaven are the fallen angels that rebelled with Lucifer.

They fall because their power is being “shaken” by God.

Their time is almost done.

30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. KJV

There will be another sounding of a trumpet.

This trumpet will send angels to gather those who have lived through the great tribulation not having received the mark of the beast.

Matt 24:31
And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other. KJV

Jesus says more about that in verse 40 as we will see when we get to it.

Jesus gives us an illustration.

He said, just as you know summer is near when you see the leaves on the fig tree.

32 Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh:

Likewise know that when you see all things begin to occur that I told you about.

The end is very close.

33 So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.

The NLT says;

Matt 24:32-33
32 "Now learn a lesson from the fig tree. When its buds become tender and its leaves begin to sprout, you know without being told that summer is near.

33 Just so, when you see the events I've described beginning to happen, you can know his return is very near, right at the door.
NLT

34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled. KJV

The word translated “generation” is NT 1074 and means is this verse “the whole multitude of men living at the same time”.

NT:1074
. the whole multitude of men living at the same time: Matt 24:34
(from Thayer's Greek Lexicon, Electronic Database. Copyright © 2000, 2003 by Biblesoft, Inc. All rights reserved.)

Jesus said that once it starts it will continue without ceasing until finished.

Next time.

Upvote 0

Optimax

Senior Veteran
May 7, 2006
New Mexico
✟41,659.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
INHERITANCE XXIV

Jesus gives us an illustration.

He said, just as you know summer is near when you see the leaves on the fig tree.

32 Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh:

Likewise know that when you see all things begin to occur that I told you about.

The end is very close.

33 So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.

The NLT says;

Matt 24:32-33
32 "Now learn a lesson from the fig tree. When its buds become tender and its leaves begin to sprout, you know without being told that summer is near.

33 Just so, when you see the events I've described beginning to happen, you can know his return is very near, right at the door.
NLT

34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled. KJV

The word translated “generation” is NT 1074 and means is this verse “the whole multitude of men living at the same time”.

NT:1074
. the whole multitude of men living at the same time: Matt 24:34
(from Thayer's Greek Lexicon, Electronic Database. Copyright © 2000, 2003 by Biblesoft, Inc. All rights reserved.)

Jesus said that once it starts it will continue without ceasing until finished.

Jesus then stated that heaven and earth shall pass away.

Matt 24:35a
Heaven and earth shall pass away,

There are other scriptures that mention this event.

2 Peter 3:10
But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up. KJV

1 Cor 7:31
And they that use this world, as not abusing it: for the fashion of this world passeth away. KJV

Heb 1:10-12
10 And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands:
11 They shall perish; but thou remainest; and they all shall wax old as doth a garment;
12 And as a vesture shalt thou fold them up, and they shall be changed: but thou art the same, and thy years shall not fail. KJV

The “time” that heaven and earth passes away is after the 1,000 year reign of Christ is completed.

John records seeing the new heaven and new earth in Rev 21:1.

Rev 21:1
And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea. KJV

Notice that the new earth does not have seas.

That means more room for everybody.

Jesus said that heaven and earth passes away but His word will not pass away.

Matt 24:35b
but my words shall not pass away. KJV

Jesus said "what I say," "what I teach," or "my teachings," shall not pass away.

Jesus said that the Father (God), is the only one that knows the day and hour of these events.

Matt 24:36
But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only. KJV

We do not know the day and hour.

That means, anytime you hear someone claiming that the Lord will return on a certain date.

Don’t be deceived.

They do not know.

Jesus said so.

However if you are a born again person (Rom 10:9) that day should not overtake you as a thief in the night.

We do not know the day and hour either.

But we can know the season.

Lets look at this verse first.

Acts 1:7
And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power. KJV

The use of the word “seasons” sounds like we can not even know that it is about time for the event.

The following from Jamieson, Fausset, and Brown Commentary clears it up.

by "seasons" [mow`ªdiym] are meant the definite times for the occurrence of the predicted events
(from Jamieson, Fausset, and Brown Commentary, Electronic Database. Copyright © 1997, 2003 by Biblesoft, Inc. All rights reserved.)

We can know that the time is at hand, but not the definite time.

1 Thess 5:1-9
5:1 But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you.

2 For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.

3 For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.

Notice that in verse 3 Paul refers to “them”.

“Them” are people who are not born again (Rom 10:9).

It is sad but many born again people do know know the signs and will be overtaken as a theif.

Paul clearly states that we, born again people, are not in darkness and should not be overtaken as a thief.

4 But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.

5 Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.

6 Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober.

7 For they that sleep sleep in the night; and they that be drunken are drunken in the night.

8 But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation.

9 For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ, KJV

The verse repeats that the definite times for the event is only known by God.

Matt 24:36b
no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only. KJV

Do you know the signs?

Will you be overtaken?

Next time.

Upvote 0

Optimax

Senior Veteran
May 7, 2006
New Mexico
✟41,659.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
INHERITANCE XXV

The verse repeats that the definite times for the event is only known by God.

Matt 24:36b
no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only. KJV

Do you know the signs?

Will you be overtaken?

Jesus said that His coming would be as the days of Noe (Noah),

Matt 24:37-39

37 But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

Everybody will be going about life as usual until the coming of The Lord..

38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,

The people were unaware that the time was at hand.

They are in darkness.

Therefore they did not know until it happened.

39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. KJV

Jesus said it will be the same way when He comes.

People are in darkness without the knowledge that the time is at hand.

They are children of darkness as Thessalonians said.

However born again people (Rom 10:9) are not, should not be in darkness.

Many are because they do not know the signs.

Remember that Jesus in this part of His narrative is speaking to the Jews and people who are living during the tribulation period.

Even though the application of what He said pertains to us as well in regards to us being “asleep” or not aware of the times.

Jesus is speaking of His Second Coming when He will actually come back to the earth.

When He comes back to earth is at the end of the tribulation period.

These verses are speaking about the “time” immediately after the tribulation period.

Remember in verse 29 Jesus began speaking of events “Immediately after the tribulation”.

Matt 24:29
Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken: KJV

In verses 40 and 41 Jesus is speaking about a time when the tribulation is over.

The 1,000 year reign of Christ is about to begin.

That 1,000 year reign is also known as “The Millennium”
What happens to the people that have lived to the end of the tribulation.

There are people who took the mark of the beast.

There are people who did not take the mark of the beast.

Those who took the mark of the beast are not allowed to enter the 1,000 year reign of Christ.

Those who did not take the mark of the beast are allowed to enter the 1,000 year reign of Christ.

There can be two people working in a field.

Both are doing the same thing.

One took the mark.

One did not take the mark.

The one that took the mark will “be taken”.

They are not allowed to remain and enter into the reign of Christ.

One did not take the mark.

They will be “left” and be allowed to enter into the reign of Christ.

Matt 24:40-41
40 Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

Same thing with two different women doing the same thing.

41 Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left. KJV

One did not take the mark and is “left” to enter into the reign of Christ.

One did take the mark and “is taken”, not being allowed to enter the reign of Christ.

Jesus again instructed those who are living to “watch”.

Matt 24:42
Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come. KJV

They are to watch because they do not know what hour the Lord will come.

What are they to watch for?

The signs that reveal to us that the Rapture is near.

The signs that reveal to “them” that the second coming is near.

Jesus then said to know something.

He said that if the “goodman” of the house knew when the thief was going to show up.

He could have stopped the thief and not let his house be broken into.

Matt 24:43-44

43 But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up.

He instructs us to be ready.

44 Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh. KJV

We do not know the exact hour the rapture will occur.

They do not know the exact hour the second coming will occur.

We, if we are “watching” will know the time is near.

We know because we have “watched” and learned the signs.

We know because we are “watching” and recognize the signs.

They know because they have “watched” and learned the signs.

They know because they will be “watching” and recognize the signs.

Again the questions.

Do you know the signs?

Will you be overtaken?

Next time.

Upvote 0