United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Eureka Springs Church Barred from Easter Parade - NWAhomepage.com

The Celebrate Jesus Easter Parade has been growing in Eureka Springs over the past three years. This year the Eureka Springs First Methodist Church applied to be in the parade, wanting to carry a sign saying "Jesus loves all." The church was denied, and now they're asking why.

Is carrying a banner stating "Jesus Loves All" really pointing fingers at anyone? This seems odd to me.

Creech

Senior Veteran
Apr 7, 2012
New York
✟15,556.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
If the message was simply that Jesus Loves All, then I think it is ridiculous to not include them in the parade.

If their goal was to simply promote LGBT equality, which may have been planned through other themes, then I think it is fair they have been not allowed in the parade.

Upvote 0

SpyderByte

Sep 3, 2012
✟16,375.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
Eureka Springs Church Barred from Easter Parade - NWAhomepage.com

Is carrying a banner stating "Jesus Loves All" really pointing fingers at anyone? This seems odd to me.

Aside from being theological fluffery, the kind you find in a twinkie, not the bible, there is no reason given for their disinvitation. This isn't really new for this Methodist church, and they were originally allowed and the person in charge stated it had nothing to do with their stance on homosexuality. The fact that "blame" came up in the statement issued, tells me there is a lot more to what this Methodist church wanted to do besides a simple banner that says "Jesus loves all"...

Upvote 0

David4223

Matthew 11:28
Site Supporter
Aug 10, 2005
Lancaster, NY
✟128,783.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
MOD HAT ON

This thread is being moved to the News and Current Events Forum, because staff feels that it more closely fits with that forum.

This thread has also undergone a cleanup. If your post is missing, please review the CF rules before posting -- including:

Statement of Purpose and Off-Topic
Read and abide by each forum's Statement of Purpose; Statement of Purpose threads are sticky threads located at the top of the forum's page. Not all forums have a Statement of Purpose thread. Start threads that are relevant to that forum's stated purpose. Submit replies that are relevant to the topic of discussion.

Also, please remember to address the content of the post itself and not the poster!

MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0

dgiharris

Old Crusty Vet
Jan 9, 2013
✟131,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
If the message was simply that Jesus Loves All, then I think it is ridiculous to not include them in the parade.

If their goal was to simply promote LGBT equality, which may have been planned through other themes, then I think it is fair they have been not allowed in the parade.

So is it your stance that the Church and all things associated with Jesus should promote LGBT inequality?

That the Church's position is that LGBT are NOT equal?

Why is this view ONLY directed at LGBT and not all other sinners and sins?

Why don't we apply the same logic to divorcees, drunkards, illegitimate children, couples living in sin, etc?

Reactions: Red Fox
Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,186,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Why don't we apply the same logic to divorcees, drunkards, illegitimate children, couples living in sin, etc?

I am constantly mystified by why Christians only want special legal protections to discriminate against so as to not support people breaking the rules way down the list but not the people violating rule number one.

Reactions: Red Fox
Upvote 0