United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"Spiritually we are all Semites."
Thus spoke Pope Pius XI on the eve of WWII, as Nazi Germany was about to launch its fateful war and Final Solution against the Jewish people. His words of solidarity are, of course, manifestly true. Christianity grew directly out of Judism. Jesus was an observant Jew. The scriptures, the beliefs, and the rituals are all intertwined and interconnected between the old and the new.

Continued below.
http://catholicexchange.com/jesus-fulfillment-jewish-fall-feasts

John Hyperspace

UnKnown ReMember
Oct 3, 2016
Hyperspace
✟35,143.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
"Spiritually we are all Semites."
Thus spoke Pope Pius XI on the eve of WWII, as Nazi Germany was about to launch its fateful war and Final Solution against the Jewish people. His words of solidarity are, of course, manifestly true. Christianity grew directly out of Judism. Jesus was an observant Jew. The scriptures, the beliefs, and the rituals are all intertwined and interconnected between the old and the new.

Continued below.
http://catholicexchange.com/jesus-fulfillment-jewish-fall-feasts

Here's the thing about fulfillment of the "Feasts of the Lord" (it's a bit of a misnomer to call them "Jewish feasts; but "of the Lord", that is to say, of Christ): I've heard people teach that the Day of Atonement was fulfilled at the Cross of Christ (I've also heard it taught the Fall feasts were fulfilled at the 70a.d. seige of Jerusalem). But if we look at the fulfillment of the Spring Feasts (the feasts of the "beginning" of the year) there's something very, unmistakeably clear:

When did Jesus fulfill Passover through the passion? Was it on some random day of the year? Did He fulfill Passover on the 18th day of the 4th month? Was it the 2nd day of the 7th month? No; it was between the evenings of the 14th-15th days of the 1st month: exactly at the appointed timing in the law.

The "morrow after the sabbath following Passover" (Leviticus 23), was the Day of Firstfuits. What happened on the morrow after the sabbath following the crucifixion? Resurrection and appearence before Witness. So again, Spring feast of the Lord fulfilled when? On some random day? No: exactly at the appointed timing in the law.

Count 49 days after this, to come to the celebration of Pentecost (Leviticus 23); culmination of the Spring feasts of the Lord in the "beginning" of the work of harvests. What happened on Pentecost? Promise of the Holy Spirit is given to the apostles in the upper room: exactly at the appointed timing in the law.

So, we look at the Fall feasts of the Lord (the harvests at the "ending" of the year). First we have:

1st day of 7th month: Day of Trumpets
10th day of 7th month: Judgment Day
15th-22nd of 7th month: The Ingathering
22nd-23rd: The Last Day

So if Jesus clearly fulfilled the Spring feasts of the Lord according to the exact appointed timing in the law: why would anyone think He wouldn't do the same with the Fall feasts? If Jesus fulfilled the "Day of Atonement" in the first month; then He didn't fulfill it according to the law.

But in fact, if we look at the Revelation we see: Trumpets, Judgment, Ingathering, and the Last Day. So why wouldn't we be waiting for the Fall feasts of the Lord to be fulfilled at "the ending" of the year? If you ask me, "Where are the Spring feasts of the Lord fulfilled in the bible?" then I will point to the gospels, and the book of Acts and say "Right here. Clearly and on time, in succession."

But if you ask, "And the Fall feasts? Where are they fulfilled in the bible?" I can only say, "They're not." Then if you ask, "But, then, when?" I would reply, "Any time now..."

• Winner
Reactions: pdudgeon
Upvote 0

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States