Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Link:

https://www.ncronline.org/news/theology/jesuits-head-out-sea

gc36logo01.jpg

The Jesuits at times in history have held such importance that their Superior General was informally known as the "Black Pope", the term black stemming from the Jesuits' black clerical garb versus the Bishop of Rome's white clerical garb.

I consider the Jesuits a shining light of the Spirit of Vatican II in the mists of a darkness that enveloped the Church and tried to turn it into a conservative church while downplaying the significance of the council. It is no accident that the best (actual) Pope of my lifetime has to date been Pope Francis, a Jesuit.

If the salvation of Church comes through a religious order, the Jesuits would be the odds on favorite in my book. Of course, almost by definition, it'll come from God, and the conduit will be who we least expect, maybe even though outside the Church or a movement of the laity, but the Jesuits are easily my favorite religious order. Their priests are the best educated of any order and maintain a strong progressive ecumenical focus, as a generalization.

If the Church became a Church of Jesuits, it'd be a shining city on a hill.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: JackRT