Sep 27, 2003
Visit site
✟8,221.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Politics
US-Republican
Dondi said:
Fine, then let the millionaires support him. But don't go begging for money from those less fortunate. Granted, God does bless the giver, but what of those poor folks who are left high and dry because they are still waiting on the blessing that never comes?
I've have seen poor folks, those deeply in debt, lives turn as they obey the Word of God and sow seed. I've seen it in my own church, people who began in debt turning out to be very very prosperous. It works, just sometimes people give up. The Word always works, no matter who you are or where you are. Its a question if you believe or you don't If you don't believe it is God's will for you to be prosperous, then fine. Because some people never become prosperous, does that mean that God's word doesn't work. Will everybody be made rich? No. But can they? Yes. Samething with Salvation, healing, peace, and any promise in the Word of God. It's about faith and not letting go of the promise.

Reactions: victoryword
Upvote 0

JTM3

Senior Veteran
Dec 24, 2005
✟19,749.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Politics
US-Republican
Ecclesiastes said:
I've have seen poor folks, those deeply in debt, lives turn as they obey the Word of God and sow seed. I've seen it in my own church, people who began in debt turning out to be very very prosperous. It works, just sometimes people give up. The Word always works, no matter who you are or where you are. Its a question if you believe or you don't If you don't believe it is God's will for you to be prosperous, then fine. Because some people never become prosperous, does that mean that God's word doesn't work. Will everybody be made rich? No. But can they? Yes. Samething with Salvation, healing, peace, and any promise in the Word of God. It's about faith and not letting go of the promise.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Amen brother!!:amen::thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Preacherchick99

Feb 2, 2004
Anaheim, CA
Visit site
✟2,001.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Dondi said:
I happened to be flipping the channels and I found TBN's Praise-a-Thon. And I watched Jesse Duplantis speak about sowing seeds, etc.

Now what struck me is that he actually bragged about being a millionaire and regaled how God has blessed his ministry because he sowed his seed. But then he boasted that that wasn't enough. That he wanted to be a billioniare.

He told a story about how he was driving down the road and God told him to buy this run down piece of property and Jesse didn't really question it but went and bought it cash for some $300,000. Then he said he later sold it for over $4,000,000.

My stomach turns when I hear stuff like this.

How did Jesse make all that money enough to make him a miilioniare and able to buy up propety like that in cash???

I'll tell you how. By gullible people listening to him telling them to sow hundreds of thousands of dollars in "seed" money into his ministry, that's how. Well, isn't that a fine miracle! God surley has blessed Jesse Duplantis!

I wonder. I wonder how many these followers of Jesse Duplantis who sowed their "seed" are millionaires as a result? Is there anyone here that will testify to that?

Meanwhile, thousands of missionaries all around the world are struggling to get the true Gospel out to lost souls who have sowed the seeds of their lives that could use some of that money.

Dude--Jesse Duplantis is BLESSED! And I wanna get in on that blessing--So I sow seed because he is good ground!

Why are you complaining about how rich he is?? You gotta be blessed to be a blessing homie! :D

That's what it's all about! I know that I myself am called to the missionfield, and guess what? I won't be one of those "poor" missionaries. Because I know what my rights are as an heir of Christ. I know what I believe and I know who I am in Christ. :D

Don't be hat'n because Jesse obeys God--It doesn't matter about the amount--But your heart. God sees your heart and blesses you.

I've sown a $1.65 because it was all I had, and I got a raise at my job a couple days later.

I once sowed gas money into someone daily, whether it be $2.00 or $50.00. I now no longer have to pay for my gas because that is taken care of.

I'm getting ready to sow some big seed soon for my brand new pair of percussion instruments and some trips I gotta take--And I know it's gonna come to pass because God is good!

God will use someone that is blessed--So they can be a blessing.

Jesse Duplantis is an awesome man of God--And I strongly recommend that you don't talk smack about him. Cuz when you talk about the man of God--Let's just say you open yourself up to things that aren't so jolly.

So let's just be nice now kk? :D

Reactions: sherri
Upvote 0

sherri

Mar 20, 2004
✟10,937.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Preacherchick99 said:
Jesse Duplantis is an awesome man of God--And I strongly recommend that you don't talk smack about him. Cuz when you talk about the man of God--Let's just say you open yourself up to things that aren't so jolly.

So let's just be nice now kk? :D

^_^

I so agree. Regardless of whether or not you agree with a ministers approach, watch what you say about God's anointed. He takes that stuff pretty seriously.

And some people have a big problem with the words 'rich pastor' being right next to each other. Why? If they didn't get it by outright extortion but by investing their money wisely and being faithful then whats the problem. I think people often tend to like the idea of a 'poor pastor' because it means they can control them.

I don't understand why anyone would be upset that any christian bought land cheaply and then made a huge profit, whether that christian was in the ministry or not.

Upvote 0

Dondi

Veteran
Sep 8, 2005
Southern Maryland
✟17,193.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
sherri said:
^_^

I so agree. Regardless of whether or not you agree with a ministers approach, watch what you say about God's anointed. He takes that stuff pretty seriously.

And some people have a big problem with the words 'rich pastor' being right next to each other. Why? If they didn't get it by outright extortion but by investing their money wisely and being faithful then whats the problem. I think people often tend to like the idea of a 'poor pastor' because it means they can control them.

I don't understand why anyone would be upset that any christian bought land cheaply and then made a huge profit, whether that christian was in the ministry or not.

I don't judge the person, I judge the teaching, I don't care how "anointed" they may appear to be. The Word is the final authority in such matters. When I see verses like Ecclesiates 5:10-11 "He that loveth silver shall not be satisfied with silver; nor he that loveth abundance with increase: this is also vanity. When goods increase, they are increased that eat them: and what good is there to the owners thereof, saving the beholding of them with their eyes?" One must give careful pause when the issue of riches are at hand.

Upvote 0

victoryword

Senior Veteran
Jul 11, 2003
Visit site
✟20,370.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Kebisoni said:
Apologies......I leave the room for two minutes and my 3 year old decides to post.....no idea what he is saying.

Not sure what that 3 year old of your said, but it probably made the most sense compared to anything else I have read this morning :D

Out of the mouth of babes ..... ah, you knw the rest.

Upvote 0

Tatu

May 5, 2006
Minnesota
✟16,133.00
Marital Status
Private
Preacherchick99 said:
I've sown a $1.65 because it was all I had, and I got a raise at my job a couple days later.

I once sowed gas money into someone daily, whether it be $2.00 or $50.00. I now no longer have to pay for my gas because that is taken care of.

:clap: glory.

Upvote 0

Preacherchick99

Feb 2, 2004
Anaheim, CA
Visit site
✟2,001.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You know what's funny? Jesse Duplantis came to my church last night and gave an AWESOME word :D

I was gonna go and tell him what you said, lolz--But he had to leave cuz he had catch a flight on his new plane :D

Jesse Duplantis visits our church at least one-two times a year, so it was funny seeing this thread, lolz.

Honestly if you talk to Jesse, he's a really cool guy--A lot of them are :)

Kenneth Copeland, Gloria Copeland, Dr. I.V. Hilliard, Ron Kenoly (He called me Gracie, lolz.), Pastor Fred Hodge, Dr. Price, Dr. Dufresne & Pastor Nancy Dufresne--They all ROCK! :D

I get all star struck when I meet well known Pastor's/Prophets/Evangalists/Ministers of the Gospel face to face, lolz.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

iafic

May 20, 2006
Sarasota FL
✟16,008.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
WOW I abandoned a Christian web site due to the lack of interest to talk about God. A friend referred me to another christian forum that was supposed to be so great. there I found nothing but hurting Christians who claimed to shake their fists at God in anger. As I tried posting encouragement and the Word that could set them free, they all seemed to retort with a hundred scriptures that proved we are "supposed" to suffer here on earth. People believe God wants them poor, God allows bad things to happen to perfect them, they don't believe christians can have demons, they don't even know anything about raising the dead....

I am starving to fellowship on a victorious level with people who happen to know a few things about the nature of God. And if they don't, are willing to learn!

I found this forum through google and thought maybe I might find fellowship here. But the very 1st post I read is slamming Jesse!!!!!!!! Oh my gosh! Does this person know him or all the billions of dollars he has given to help missionaries and the hundreds he had to sow to get where he is at? Do they know that the offerings to the ministry doesn't go to him personally? Do they know he gets money in faster than he can sow it away? I happen to know a few things about Jesse. He is good friends with my pastor too. As with Moses and Aaron, I'd be careful to mock an annointed man of God. Please forgive me if this has been said before, I was so disappointed to see this post, I didn't read the replies. I think I may have to keep searching for somewhere to fellowship.

Upvote 0

Tatu

May 5, 2006
Minnesota
✟16,133.00
Marital Status
Private
iafic said:
WOW I abandoned a Christian web site due to the lack of interest to talk about God. A friend referred me to another christian forum that was supposed to be so great. there I found nothing but hurting Christians who claimed to shake their fists at God in anger. As I tried posting encouragement and the Word that could set them free, they all seemed to retort with a hundred scriptures that proved we are "supposed" to suffer here on earth. People believe God wants them poor, God allows bad things to happen to perfect them, they don't believe christians can have demons, they don't even know anything about raising the dead....

I am starving to fellowship on a victorious level with people who happen to know a few things about the nature of God. And if they don't, are willing to learn!

I found this forum through google and thought maybe I might find fellowship here. But the very 1st post I read is slamming Jesse!!!!!!!! Oh my gosh! Does this person know him or all the billions of dollars he has given to help missionaries and the hundreds he had to sow to get where he is at? Do they know that the offerings to the ministry doesn't go to him personally? Do they know he gets money in faster than he can sow it away? I happen to know a few things about Jesse. He is good friends with my pastor too. As with Moses and Aaron, I'd be careful to mock an annointed man of God. Please forgive me if this has been said before, I was so disappointed to see this post, I didn't read the replies. I think I may have to keep searching for somewhere to fellowship.
Hey, join us. :) That was one absurdly bad apple. The rest of us love Jesse and have enough good sense to cheer people on who make money from investing in real estate.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

God_Owned

My wife is the glory this Highlander. 1 Co 11:7
Feb 22, 2006
✟21,601.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Zzub said:
I moved to Bible College in 1997, moving house and living by faith.

We hada little amount of savings. We went to hear Jesse DuPlantis at the 1997 International UK Believer's Convention.

We have always been faithful tithers, since 1992.

At the convention God told me to give £10 to JDM every month. I said no - he was wealthy, I was poor. The next month while praying, the Lord spoke and said give £20, £10 for last month, £10 for this month. Again I argued against the Lord and resisted his will.

The next month, we were down to our last £30. The Lord told me "Don't you dare spend it. Give it to JDM. £10 for last month, £10 for this month, and £10 for two months ago".

I said "Lord, if I give this I will starve." He said: "You will starve next week anyway, would you rather starve to death obedient or disobedient?"

I put the cash in an envelope, walked to the post office and posted it.

Within 2 hours of posting the money, an old college friend phoned me up.

"I owe you a huge apology" he said. I told him I couldn't understand why. He said that three months ago the Lord had told him to give me £60 a month, and he ignored the Lord. Then the second month, the Lord told him to give me £120, for the two months. Then that night, the presence of the Lord was so strong, he could not resist. He wired me the £180 - it was in my bank the next day, and set up a standing order to give me £60 a month.

That was a massive turning point in our life.

At the end of the first year, I was going to be thrown out of college unless I could find £300 in fees (I had already paid £2700 - all miraculous money, I could talk about this for days). I didn't have it. Then someone gave me £50 as a £50 note. I was pleased; £50 maybe the school would reason with me for £250, they had seen so much.

The Lord then said: Give it to Jerry Savelle ministries. I posted the cash that night (notice: in one year how obedient I started getting: Mal. 3 - test me and see!).

Within a week, 2 days before the deadline, someone gave me £1000 in cash (IN £50 NOTES!!!) Fees paid, stayed at school.

My first experience of a true 100 TIMES return was in the summer of 1998, just after this.

I went to a John Avanzini meeting. At that time, my wife and I were agreeing for a car. I was getting the train to go minister places on Sundays, and due to the trains being so infrequent on Sundays, I was catching trains at 3am to get to some churches at 10am, when it would be a 50 minute drive or so.

We had believed and believed.

We went to this meeting, and we only had the train fare to get there. So we got there, believing for the money home. I had £3. That was all I owned.

I kept £1 for the offering, and gave the £2 to my wife so she could eat a little.

As she went to get food, I heard the Lord. He said: there will be two offerings tonight. If you put the £1 in the first, I will give you £50 before the second. Put £10 in the second and I will give you the desires of your heart." Both I and the Lord knew that was a car.

Incidentally, the train fare home cost £11.

Brother John announced he would take two offerings that night. One for a pastor in the UK who was struggling financially, and one for the church that was hosting the meeting.

I put my £1 in the first offering. The lady behind me tapped me on the shoulder. She said: "The Lord told me to give you this" and handed me some notes.

I thought it would be £50, it was only £20. I was confused. This wasn't what the Lord had said. I was pleased, but then I was hesitant: to put £10 in the offering would mean not being able to get home.

I hummed and harred, and then I decided, hey - let's just go for it. I put the £10 in the second offering.

As I did, John Avanzini stepped off the stage, walked right over to me and said "Whatever you put in that offering, the Lord will multiply 100 times and return it to you as the desires of your heart".

Wow!

After the service, I went to the bathroom. When I returned, my wife hada handful of notes. Where did you get them I asked. She pointed to a man walking off. The amount was £60. I ran after the man and told him the story.

He was nearly crying. The Lord had told him specifically to give me £30 before the second offering. He didn't, so the Lord told him to give me double.

I received it.

We used the excess to go and hear Brother John the second night, something we thought would never happen.

A month or so later, a pastor and his wife turned up at our house and told us the Lord had told them to give us their car.

We received it. They then said let's sort out the insurance. They said you need to know how much the car is worth. I said I already know - £1000. It was right.

The postscript to this story is that a parishoner bought that pastor a brand new car within months of this.

That is excerpts from less than 11 months of my life, and is only the highlights. I have seen miracle after miracle of money multiplication.

Some have been in the capacity of preacher. I have been to churches and had people press me to put money in my hands and pockets. Others have been in the capacity of a believer. This works for anyone!

Blessings,
|ZZ|

Great testimony!

:thumbsup:

Reactions: KingZzub
Upvote 0

God_Owned

My wife is the glory this Highlander. 1 Co 11:7
Feb 22, 2006
✟21,601.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Dondi said:
Fine, then let the millionaires support him. But don't go begging for money from those less fortunate. Granted, God does bless the giver, but what of those poor folks who are left high and dry because they are still waiting on the blessing that never comes?

You must be hearing things. Jesse doesn't beg for money! He has favor with God and God gives him favor with people!

:doh:

Upvote 0

KingZzub

Blessed to Be A Blessing
Dec 23, 2005
Dagenham
Visit site
✟19,473.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Conservative
Christina M said:
In all these years I've been blessed by Jesse's teaching, I have never once heard him 'beg' for money.

Sometimes what someone hears is not what was said. ;)

Ain't dat the troof...

I once preached in a church, and a man found me afterwards and said "I hate the way you just went on about money. All you talk about is money!"

I thought - hold on, I only preached about the anointing, I didn't think I had mentioned money even once or even shared a testimony. I just told the man that I loved him and was trying to get stuff to him, not take stuff from him.

Over lunch, I listened to the tape of the sermon and true enough, I didn't reference money or giving once.

Anyway, after I preached in the evening service, he found me again and said "Alright, you win" and gave me £100. I didn't mention money again in the evening service.

When people think preachers are hassling them for money, it could be the Holy Spirit leading them to give.

Blessings,
|ZZ|

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.