Melbourne, Australia
✟51,094.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I was thinking of going to one of his seminars and I wanted to know has anyone gone and is he legit?
Hi, we had a thread on Jay Bartlett back in 2014 where I even made a phone call to the otherside of the country where I asked a couple of questions to a church that was holding some meetings for him. If you do a search (top right hand side of the screen) you will find that there have been a few threads started on Bartlett; as for his credentials I really couldn't comment as I don't know anything about him.

Upvote 0

BeutifultoGod

Mar 5, 2016
USA
✟8,495.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi, we had a thread on Jay Bartlett back in 2014 where I even made a phone call to the otherside of the country where I asked a couple of questions to a church that was holding some meetings for him. If you do a search (top right hand side of the screen) you will find that there have been a few threads started on Bartlett; as for his credentials I really couldn't comment as I don't know anything about him.
Thank you Bibilcist. I just checked it out.

Upvote 0

AGTG

Mar 11, 2014
✟6,038.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I would warn you against seeking deliverance ministry for a number of reasons. Because of how submission and authority works, submitting yourself to "deliverance" ministries can actually bring you under the influence of the demonic forces actively working in them, whereas, recognizing Biblical truth will keep the demons far, far away from you.

In other words, the word you have heard regarding the faith has cleansed you completely:

John 13

6 He came to Simon Peter, who said to him, "Lord, do you wash my feet?" 7 Jesus answered him, "What I am doing you do not understand now, but afterward you will understand." 8 Peter said to him, "You shall never wash my feet." Jesus answered him, "If I do not wash you, you have no share with me." 9 Simon Peter said to him, "Lord, not my feet only but also my hands and my head!"
10 Jesus said to him, "The one who has bathed does not need to wash, except for his feet, but is completely clean. And you are clean, but not every one of you." 11 For he knew who was to betray him; that was why he said, "Not all of you are clean."

John 15
3 Already you are clean because of the word that I have spoken to you.

Jesus also warned about hypocrisy in spiritual authorities with a very good reason. Paul explains what hypocrisy brings in ministries in 1 Tim. 4:1-5 and it's demonic.

If you allow insincere, hypocritical ministries to delude into thinking something that is not Biblical, such as the idea that even though you have a relationship with Jesus you can still have a bunch of demons oppressing or possessing you, you will, in fact, come under the seducing spirits at work in those liar's ministries.

This is why so many people are wowed by deliverance ministry because can often produce supernatural manifestations in people participating.

But the demons referenced in 1 Tim. 4:1-5 are deceptive demons.

Rest in the truth: You are clean, you aren't under a bunch of oppression, and watch how those foul influences depart. Trusting God at His word is the only deliverance ministry you will ever need.

Reactions: Sawsar
Upvote 0