Dec 3, 2003
✟23,820.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Hah..i'm sure you know exactly what I mean lol hence the *cough* all the benefits of being a card holder.
Well, I don't know "exactly", but I could hazard a few guesses. :)

Not that I didn't do my share... but we're both Christian, right? Hmmmm... that's as far as I'm going with that one, before I end up sticking my foot too far in my mouth (or elsewhere)!

Upvote 0

Tomo_Tsu

Japanese-American
May 1, 2011
Washington State
✟7,803.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Well, I don't know "exactly", but I could hazard a few guesses. :)

Not that I didn't do my share... but we're both Christian, right? Hmmmm... that's as far as I'm going with that one, before I end up sticking my foot too far in my mouth (or elsewhere)!

Understandable. Well..let's just me and my cousins would get together deep in the woods and reminisce and do stuff the parents don't exactly approve of..but we typically stay out of trouble and don't go driving or riding our dirt bikes after or anywhere after we do it of course. Where we're going is a pretty remote area and people have been lost before.

Upvote 0

Breetai

For I am not ashamed of the Gospel...
Dec 3, 2003
✟23,820.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Understandable. Well..let's just me and my cousins would get together deep in the woods and reminisce and do stuff the parents don't exactly approve of..but we typically stay out of trouble and don't go driving or riding our dirt bikes after or anywhere after we do it of course. Where we're going is a pretty remote area and people have been lost before.

Sounds like mostly harmless fun. :)

Upvote 0

ashd107

Jun 20, 2011
Yakima, WA
✟7,613.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Hey everyone :D I've been reading this forum, and I got to say it's been interesting reading. I do have to say that Japan is probably #1 on my to go to list lol, I actually wouldn't mind being a missionary there but of course it's all up to God. I would love to visit though, no harm in doing that. :) I would really like to go just to meet the people and to eapereince a new world of langauge and the culture. Just as most people here my interest in Japan started with anime and manga, but it gre more into wanting to know the language and the culture seems so interesting, and just reading some things the japanese was fasinating, such as: the respect of bowing, and the way the house is laid out. Yea I have a soft spot for Japan haha.

Upvote 0

Dharma Wheel

Wandering Hermit
May 21, 2009
England
✟16,267.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Japan is the modern developed country. This is literally my favorite country in the world. If give me opportunity to abroad then I am going to Japan. I like the Japan and Their people.

It is your favourite country yet you have never been? Well, you should visit Kamakura when possible (especially Engakuji), and I hope it lives up to your expectations. ;)

Upvote 0

Dharma Wheel

Wandering Hermit
May 21, 2009
England
✟16,267.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
If you STILL have a few hours, I would recommend going to Asakasa and checking out the rather famous temple there. It's probably crowded, but it's very "Japanese" for someone visiting the country.

sensoji.JPG

I like Asakusa and have a good memory of going there with my partner when we visited many, many sites. But I must admit that I prefer Engakuji to Asakusa, I do not mean that as an insult to the spirituality of both places though, because Engakuji was more calm, peaceful and tranquil. Other than my partner's sweet face at my side, the sun, coming through the trees, illuminating the paths in Engakuji was the most beautiful sight I have ever seen, perhaps.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dharma Wheel

Wandering Hermit
May 21, 2009
England
✟16,267.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
:cry:Sometimes I wish I was born a white girl. I get so sick of the WWII bits. It's like people talk to me like it happened yesterday. Sorry. Im not in a good mood today. My crohns is acting up this morning

I am sorry you feel that way. :-( But if you were German it would be the same too. It is sad that two countries are now measured by the war and not the good points in there history.

Also, if you do not mind me asking, did your family go to America as laborers? I mean originally the Chinese were the main railway laborers but the USA then passed a law that stopped Chinese entering the country easily (which lasted a while, it is why in the Charlie Chan novels, Charlie Chan's chief always phoned ahead so that Charlie Chan could keep his dignity by not going through the ordeals that Chinese had to go through just to enter the USA), then the Japanese were encouraged to go there as rail workers, along with the Irish and African Americans. It is a part of American history I am interested in.

Upvote 0

Suro382

I love Japan
Nov 27, 2011
✟15,130.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I'm new here! Stock noob comment....!
I used to live in Japan. I had a contract with Tokyo Disneyland as a musician. It was very fun, but I definitely learned a lot too!
I made it a point to not make any foreigner friends, as I was in Japan and wanted to learn the Japanese way. And it payed off! The guys and girls of the show took me in and showed me how to read, write, speak! All the best hole in the wall mom n' pops ramen and sushi shops!
Someday I hope to go marry a super lucky Japanese woman and move back to Japan somewhere!

( ^_^)v

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sapphire Dragon

Truly Loved... as are you.
Sep 28, 2008
On a planet that needs healing.
Visit site
✟10,728.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Green
Welcome, Suro! :)

Lol, I haven't been here in years, and this is one of the first threads I come back to. I hope everyone's been alright over the years. :)

So I'm curious now, who here has been to Mt. Nantai?

Upvote 0
Apr 8, 2012
Houston
✟15,423.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Green
Ohayo gozaimasu, I am also learning japanese. I am learning through anime & nintendo DS My Japanese Coach. I enjoy Udon, Ramen, sweet bean buns, coffee cream buns, sushi, and Ramune. I would LOVE to go to teach English in Japan. My husband and I both like everything having to do with Japan.

Upvote 0

Sapphire Dragon

Sep 28, 2008
Visit site
✟10,728.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Green
Ahh, ohayo! Great that both of you love Japan so much. :) I actually love teriyaki, it is such an amazing sauce. While I wouldn't want to teach English in Japan, I would want to stay there for a while and get to explore as much as possible.

Upvote 0

Sapphire Dragon

Sep 28, 2008
Visit site
✟10,728.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Green
Ah, I've never tried it with eggs before : o I'll have to do that soon!

I love it on chicken, turkey, rice, cabbage, broccoli... it just goes with so much. XD

There was this low salt Kikkoman's brand of teriyaki sauce that I can't find anymore... I think that was the closest any manufactured sauce could come to traditional. It had all the flavor and not much salt, so you weren't just eating a bunch of salt and you tasted more of the unique flavor. It was so amazing, I wish I could find it again.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums