Status
Not open for further replies.

Godisincontrol

Nov 3, 2003
✟253.00
Faith
Non-Denom
sandinmyears said:
We all die. No man/woman lives forever. Many of us have chronic illnesses. It could be something as simple as a person needing to wear glasses all of his or her life.
Great point. How many here wear glasses? I don't, but my forties are right around the corner:sorry:

Upvote 0

DLT

Nov 3, 2003
Visit site
✟207.00
Faith
Christian
Once again, Mrs. Crouch irritates me. She appears to be implying that her faith is superior to others, and that God has "rewarded" her. I have a friend, whom I would consider to be a good Christian, die of cancer a couple of weeks ago, in considerable agony. However, he was not despairing, but instead was looking forward to meeting the Lord. Apparently, Mrs. Crouch is looking more forward to creating more wealth for herself. I don't wish to speak ill of anyone, but this person is an embarrassment to the Christian community.

DLT

Upvote 0

AlabamaMan

A writer changing the world one word at a time.
Jan 7, 2003
Tijuana, Mexico
Visit site
✟45,139.00
Country
Mexico
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
DLT, did you watch her on the show? She did not act that way in the slitghtest. She gave glory to God for healing her but she in no way acted like she was superior or her faith was superior. She said that he can do it for you too, and she did not say that you have to send money to get it. God does heal, but not everyone gets healed. I am sorry about your friend, we lost my wife's grandmother to cancer not real long ago too and its awful.

By the way...we are'nt supposed to be running people down in this forum and putting unfounded claims on them.

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟562,491.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
DLT said:
Once again, Mrs. Crouch irritates me. She appears to be implying that her faith is superior to others, and that God has "rewarded" her. I have a friend, whom I would consider to be a good Christian, die of cancer a couple of weeks ago, in considerable agony. However, he was not despairing, but instead was looking forward to meeting the Lord. Apparently, Mrs. Crouch is looking more forward to creating more wealth for herself. I don't wish to speak ill of anyone, but this person is an embarrassment to the Christian community.

DLT
Sorry about your friend. It is sad to see a friend suffer... but I rejoice that he is in heaven now beholding the master's face.
I am also sorry you see the things you do in Mrs. Crouch. I do not know her other than she is on TBN. I do not think her claim was that her faith was superior to anyone elses... just that she knew the will of God as revealed in the word and was standing on it. If we glory, we should glory in the Lord.

Upvote 0

Big Mouth Nana

Post Tribulationist
Sep 9, 2003
Bakersfield,California
Visit site
✟15,590.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Godisincontrol said:
I believe the bible tells us to seek God in all things, and I do believe he can heal if He so chooses. But, I don't believe He heals all, all of the time. And I don't believe it is only our faith that heals us. Scripture says that God makes us sick or well, rich or poor and alive and dead, so I don't see where man can take any credit for that....and yet He tells us to have faith in Him. Do I understand it all? No, absolutely not. I have never seen a miracle in my life and I have been charasmatic for many years..... until I started studying the sovereignty of God (recently).

To be honest, I do see two sides to almost all debates, but I do believe everything is under God's control.

I guess I see God being in control kind of like this..... a toddler... has a free will to love, play, and even drink some poison....yet the parent has control of when they nap, play, what they play with, what they eat, what room they can go in...and they can lock up things to prevent harm. Can the child run out into the road with their free will and be killed? Yes, but a parent can go and save them by pulling them out of the way. The bible backs this up by saying that man may make his plans, but God guides the steps.
  1. Jer. 10:23, “I know, O Lord, that a man’s way is not in himself; nor is it in a man who walks to direct his steps.”
  2. Prov. 16:9, “The mind of man plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps.
Scripture says that God makes us sick or well, rich or poor and alive and dead,
It doesn't say anywhere in the bible that God makes us sick. That is a wrong statement. It says by the stripes of Jesus we are healed. If what you said was true, then God sent His Son to die on the cross, and told a fib in Isaiah 53:5.

Upvote 0

Trish1947

Free to Believe
Nov 14, 2003
California
Visit site
✟24,917.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Once again, Mrs. Crouch irritates me. She appears to be implying that her faith is superior to others, and that God has "rewarded" her
Listen why put down someone's faith to be healed, when unforturnatly it didnt happen to your friend. And I'm sorry. Jesus says "According to YOUR faith, let it be done unto you". Well thats a pretty to the point statement that Jesus made. She was unwilling to compromise what she knew to be the truth about what God's word said about it. Without faith it is impossible to please Him. She didnt have a well "I guess you could heal me attitude, but will you? No, She according to her faith, knew by what the word said and she didnt settle for second best. And if it was time for her to go to Heaven I'm sure the Holy Spirit would have let her know. Her work apparently isnt finished.

Upvote 0

mtucker

Grand Poo-Bah
Jul 2, 2002
Boca Raton, FL, USA
Visit site
✟7,684.00
Faith
Christian
Godisincontrol said:
Oh, I agree God does it all. I was just confused regarding the belief that she should not have gotten cancer in the first place if she believed in the "by His stripes we are healed". Why would she get cancer? Why didn't she get healed without surgery?

I pray God blesses you abundantly, Godisincontrol. But your logic sure needs a tune-up...

God's promises are perfect, but we are not. Even Jesus was limited by the unbelief of the people. Matthew 13:58 says he couldn't do great miracles "because of thier unbelief."

Believing the Bible for what it says -- "by his stripes we are healed, for example -- does not exclude us from using any means at our disposal to aid in time of need. Medicine is a gift of God, and it in no way cancels divine healing.

It's not an either/or proposition.

Upvote 0

mtucker

Grand Poo-Bah
Jul 2, 2002
Boca Raton, FL, USA
Visit site
✟7,684.00
Faith
Christian
DLT said:

DLT

DLT:

Your bias toward the Croutches has caused you to be awfully selective in what you've extracted from Sister Croutch's testimony. She never once said nor implied that she had superior faith to anyone. And, she chose not to be with the Lord to stay on the earth for more money? Oh, please. I recall her saying very clearly, many, many times that she had a choice -- to go to heaven, or to stay and help the children of Haiti. And she's doing just that. This "weath" of hers that you despise is being used to build a multi-million dollar hospital in that desperate country.

What have you been doing, DLT?

Upvote 0

DLT

Nov 3, 2003
Visit site
✟207.00
Faith
Christian
To all those who have replied to my "Mrs. Crouch irritates me" post, I can only say that I was merely giving my impression, and was not judging the lady. I leave the judgments to one far more powerful than me. That being said, the Crouches have probably done more good than ill, although I may disagree with their methods in some cases.

Regards, Brothers and Sisters,
DLT

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

linasmuch

Jul 19, 2008
✟15,112.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Pleeze People! Did you not notice the before and after appearance of her hospital respite? I am sure that the doctor did surgery but it was for terminal aging, not cancer! She had yet another plastic surgery. Please go back and goggle some pics from the early years before the breast implants, de Vinci whites, and the face lifts. Look at how they live! The money she pays for one wig would feed a small village in a 3rd world country for a long time! Did you not learn from Jim and Tammy Bakker what this is all about? Take a look at her! She is Tammy Fay on crystal meth! I am sure that God wants every little girl in Pagan countries to have a barbi doll! While you are at it; check into the money that TBN paid Mr. Ford to NOT publish a tell-all book about him and Paul Crouch! I think it was 40 million dollars. That is money that people like you sent in to do God’s work! And they use it for hush money, pink wigs, plastic surgery and Cadillac convertible parked in front of 9,000 square foot homes with 9 bathrooms!
Ask God for some decrement! Proverbs 2:10

Upvote 0

linasmuch

Jul 19, 2008
✟15,112.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Pleeze People! Did you not notice the before and after appearance of her hospital respite? I am sure that the doctor did surgery but it was for terminal aging, not cancer! She had yet another plastic surgery. Please go back and goggle some pics from the early years before the breast implants, de Vinci whites, and the face lifts. Look at how they live! The money she pays for one wig to feed a small village in a 3rd world country for a month! Did you not learn from Jim and Tammy Bakker what this is all about? Take a look at her! She is Tammy Fay on crystal meth! I am sure that God wants every little girl in Pagan countries to have a barbi doll! While you are at it; check into the money that TBN paid Mr. Ford to NOT publish a tell-all book about him and Paul Crouch! I think it was 40 million dollars. That is money that people like you sent in to do God’s work! And they use it for hush money, pink wigs, plastic surgery and Cadillac convertible parked in front of 9,000 square foot homes with 9 bathrooms!
Ask God for some decrement! Proverbs 2:10

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.