Status
Not open for further replies.

Godisincontrol

Nov 3, 2003
✟253.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Quaffer said:
:scratch: God uses doctors. . .either way it's healing. Either way God is the One Who did it. The doctors know nothing without God giving them the knowledge and the ability to do what they do.
Oh, I agree God does it all. I was just confused regarding the belief that she should not have gotten cancer in the first place if she believed in the "by His stripes we are healed". Why would she get cancer? Why didn't she get healed without surgery?

Upvote 0

Debbi

Sep 23, 2003
Alabama
Visit site
✟1,863.00
Faith
Protestant
There are people that believe "by his stripes we are healed" and still die and people who pray still had faith that God would heal. Saints die of cancer and bad things happen to good people, it happens. But if a person still dies, they are healed in heaven, so God still healed them.

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟562,839.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
AlabamaMan said:
She was healed by God, she said she had some surgery but there were still more affected parts of her body, but later the tests came back with no sign of cancer.
I am curious if the nay-sayers will now praise God for the healing... or will they be discouraged that yet another person has been healed by the gospel of Jesus?
We need to check whose side it is we are on!!

Upvote 0

SpiritPsalmist

Heavy lean toward Messianic
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Godisincontrol said:
Oh, I agree God does it all. I was just confused regarding the belief that she should not have gotten cancer in the first place if she believed in the "by His stripes we are healed". Why would she get cancer? Why didn't she get healed without surgery?
One cannot fully understand grace without needing it. Believing that by His stripes I am healed does not mean that my faith will never be tested. It means that despite what the circumstances may say, that God's word over-rides that. By His stripes I am healed. . .no matter what some doctors may say (mine happens to believe in faith healing), whether man made medicine is used or whether it happens w/o man's intervention. Either way it is God.

If she were never sick people would judge her and now that she's gone through this people judge her. There seems to be a lot of judgemental attitudes regarding our sisters illness. We need each others prayers and incouragement, not judgement and ridicule. Perhaps it was all the judgement from others that helped the enemy get through. :(

Upvote 0

Godisincontrol

Nov 3, 2003
✟253.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Quaffer said:
One cannot fully understand grace without needing it. Believing that by His stripes I am healed does not mean that my faith will never be tested. It means that despite what the circumstances may say, that God's word over-rides that. By His stripes I am healed. . .no matter what some doctors may say (mine happens to believe in faith healing), whether man made medicine is used or whether it happens w/o man's intervention. Either way it is God.

If she were never sick people would judge her and now that she's gone through this people judge her. There seems to be a lot of judgemental attitudes regarding our sisters illness. We need each others prayers and incouragement, not judgement and ridicule. Perhaps it was all the judgement from others that helped the enemy get through. :(
I believe God can stop the enemy anytime anywhere and can do so in our behalf for us. I do pray God shows her through this that she needs him even more than ever and that her health is always in His hands whether the outcome is good or bad.....and to hold on to the fact that one day she will be healed of cancer if it is not all gone now.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Anthony

Generic Christian
Nov 2, 2002
Visit site
✟10,268.00
Faith
Christian
In the end it is "God Will" to heal

The problem that arises with the healing & faith topic is when people say, "You asked to be heal, and were not, because your faith was not strong enough.

The problem is when preachers makes statements like

Use your faith, and you won't need medication

Upvote 0

Godisincontrol

Nov 3, 2003
✟253.00
Faith
Non-Denom
AlabamaMan said:
It is all gone, she showed the report on TBN where it said no sign of cancer.
When did you see that on TBN? All I saw was that she got surgery and that "God healed her".

I just pray, if she ends up dying of cancer, that people will not lose faith in God, and they will know that God was in control of her life.

Just as if Kenneth Hagin had said he was healed of heart disease, but that happend to be what killed him, we would not lose faith in God and realize God was in control as well. None of the apostles died a comfortable death, they mostly all died being tortured and I don't find that very comforting, but I know they are fine with the Lord now and have no physical diseases...praise His name!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Duggie

Oct 9, 2003
STEVENAGE
Visit site
✟892.00
Faith
Christian
Godisincontrol said:
When did you see that on TBN? All I saw was that she got surgery and that "God healed her".

I just pray, if she ends up dying of cancer, that people will not lose faith in God, and they will know that God was in control of her life.

Just as if Kenneth Hagin had said he was healed of heart disease, but that happend to be what killed him, we would not lose faith in God and realize God was in control as well. None of the apostles died a comfortable death, they mostly all died being tortured and I don't find that very comforting, but I know they are fine with the Lord now and have no physical diseases...praise His name!
Godisincontrol can I ask you some questions, I'm curious.
1)If someone is ill do you think they should seek God for their healing?
2)Do you believe God still heals our physical bodies? If not can you please show me the scriptures that back that claim?
3)When you say Godisincontrol what do you take that to mean?

Upvote 0

Godisincontrol

Nov 3, 2003
✟253.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Duggie said:
Godisincontrol can I ask you some questions, I'm curious.
1)If someone is ill do you think they should seek God for their healing?
2)Do you believe God still heals our physical bodies? If not can you please show me the scriptures that back that claim?
3)When you say Godisincontrol what do you take that to mean?

I believe the bible tells us to seek God in all things, and I do believe he can heal if He so chooses. But, I don't believe He heals all, all of the time. And I don't believe it is only our faith that heals us. Scripture says that God makes us sick or well, rich or poor and alive and dead, so I don't see where man can take any credit for that....and yet He tells us to have faith in Him. Do I understand it all? No, absolutely not. I have never seen a miracle in my life and I have been charasmatic for many years..... until I started studying the sovereignty of God (recently).

To be honest, I do see two sides to almost all debates, but I do believe everything is under God's control.

I guess I see God being in control kind of like this..... a toddler... has a free will to love, play, and even drink some poison....yet the parent has control of when they nap, play, what they play with, what they eat, what room they can go in...and they can lock up things to prevent harm. Can the child run out into the road with their free will and be killed? Yes, but a parent can go and save them by pulling them out of the way. The bible backs this up by saying that man may make his plans, but God guides the steps.

1. Jer. 10:23, “I know, O Lord, that a man’s way is not in himself; nor is it in a man who walks to direct his steps.”
  2. Prov. 16:9, “The mind of man plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps.

Upvote 0

Duggie

Oct 9, 2003
STEVENAGE
Visit site
✟892.00
Faith
Christian
Godisincontrol said:
I believe the bible tells us to seek God in all things, and I do believe he can heal if He so chooses. But, I don't believe He heals all, all of the time. And I don't believe it is only our faith that heals us. Scripture says that God makes us sick or well, rich or poor and alive and dead, so I don't see where man can take any credit for that....and yet He tells us to have faith in Him. Do I understand it all? No, absolutely not. I have never seen a miracle in my life and I have been charasmatic for many years..... until I started studying the sovereignty of God (recently).

To be honest, I do see two sides to almost all debates, but I do believe everything is under God's control.

I guess I see God being in control kind of like this..... a toddler... has a free will to love, play, and even drink some poison....yet the parent has control of when they nap, play, what they play with, what they eat, what room they can go in...and they can lock up things to prevent harm. Can the child run out into the road with their free will and be killed? Yes, but a parent can go and save them by pulling them out of the way. The bible backs this up by saying that man may make his plans, but God guides the steps.
  1. Jer. 10:23, “I know, O Lord, that a man’s way is not in himself; nor is it in a man who walks to direct his steps.”
  2. Prov. 16:9, “The mind of man plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps.
Thanks for the reply!!! :)

Upvote 0

Salsa_1960

Oct 29, 2003
Iowa
✟16,257.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
We all die. No man/woman lives forever. Many of us have chronic illnesses. It could be something as simple as a person needing to wear glasses all of his or her life. It might be a serious chronic illness such as childhood-onset diabetes or epilepsy. None of these ailments makes the faith of these persons weaker than that of a physically healthy person. The same is true in this situation with Jan Crouch.

Paul had a thorn in his side and asked that God remove it. God's answer was, "no." Sometime, for reasons that aren't always clear to us, God's will isn't always the same as ours.

~Sandy

2 Corinthians 12:7b-10

Therefore, so that I would not become arrogant, a thorn in the flesh was given to me, a messenger of Satan to trouble me-so that I would not become arrogant. I asked the Lord three times about this, that it would depart from me. But he said to me,"My grace is enough [sufficient] for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." So then, I will boast most gladly about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may reside in me. Therefore I am content with weaknesses, with insults, with troubles, with persecutions and difficulties for the sake of Christ, for whenever I am weak, then I am strong.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.