• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

I've recently figured out I'm Borderline

Godislove94

May 17, 2015
✟8,265.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Recently I came across a list of traits for Borderline Personality Disorder. Reading the facts made it undeniably clear to me that this is what I have. I'm so relieved to finally have a name for what I've been going through for as long as I can remember and it explains so much about why Christianity has been such a struggle for me...the paranoia, OCD and religious obsession, the back and forth between loving and hating God, the "out of it" feeling I have most of the time (which I've figured out is dissociation), the emotional outbursts that I frequently type on here and the intense way of experiencing feelings, etc. I'm so relieved to know that this is treatable.......so relieved.

Not only that but at my new church, God put someone in my life who struggled for a long time with mental illness and is very passionate about helping those who are and removing the stigma placed on them by society. I feel like a weight has been lifted...

Zandy12

Life is like a rollarcoaster, just enjoy the ride.
Aug 5, 2015
Iowa
✟19,782.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hey Godislove94, I'm happy to hear that you found a name for your illness. I'm sorry that you have it. I suffer from Clinical depression and ocd anxiety so know that your not alone. I too have those days where I love god and then I go completely anti-god also lol. Its really hard to stay consistent when you are all over the place mentally and emotionally. Make sure you talk to a therapist first to confirm and maybe possible you should seek out treatment. I'll pray for you, as I know living with a mental illness is NOT easy.

Upvote 0