Hatchling

Apr 5, 2010
✟7,611.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Hi all,

I apologize if this is in the wrong area, I promise to take a tour of the site to see where everything after I have done this.

I recently began feeling extremely curious about God, and if I was still welcome with him.
I have done some terrible things in my life. I have lied, cheated, stolen, etc. I have been addicted to drugs, alcohol and random sex.
I have 2 children, both to different fathers ( although both were partners not just one night stands), neither one is with me now.
I have attempted suicide, I have mocked others religions and beliefs, I have judged people who I thought were below me.

The worst of all of my sins to me, were my 2 pregnancy terminations. Not for medical reasons. Although I have defended myself over this many times, I have always known it was the wrong thing to do.
I won't go too far into it, but the first I was physically and emotionally backed into a corner to go through with it, and the second I was just too messed up over the circumstances with the father (he had been sleeping with other MALES during our time together).

I am haunted everyday by what I did. I regret them 100%, especially seeing as I truely have always believed that every child has been sent to a person for a reason.

I have tried looking it up on line, but some people say that I have murdered and that is an absolute unforgivable sin. Other people say that all will be forgiven if I just ask for forgivness. I realize each religion has a different stance on it, but I don't know which one I fit into!!

Although I have never been a church-goer, I only ever pray when something big happens and I need help, and I have lived a pretty disgraceful life for the last 10 or so years, I now feel a strange overwhelming desire to live a life that has God as a major part of it.
I believe in God, I believe that he is coming to put earth back in order, casting out all evil and starting anew.
I don't believe the pope should be idolised as he is, I actually believe he is the anti-christ. (sorry if this offends and upsets some, it's early days for all my researching so I may even change my mind about that soon)

I'm having some real trouble accepting all of my new beliefs, as it means I have to admit I made mistakes and ask to be forgiven, but those mistakes led to me having my 2 children, and I don't think I will ever be able to apologize for having them.

If anyone has any advice for me, I will happily take it on board.:confused:

Coralie

but behold, there cometh one after me
Sep 29, 2009
✟17,357.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Hey Hatchling! welcome and blessed Easter to you and your children.

No sin is unforgiveable, no matter what anyone has said to you. You would be hard-pressed to find a Church that teaches such a thing. The only thing that is unforgiveable is to harden your heart to such an extent that you never ask forgiveness!

I will tell you something: I myself have had an abortion. I too was coerced into it, at an early age, by my mother--who was/is not a Christian and thought she was doing what was "best" for me. I, too, am filled with regret and grief about it.

You are not the only person who has made mistakes and committed sins that weigh heavily on you. Christ forgives and heals all. That's why we love Him so, so much.

Read this is you are unsure. It's from Mark chapter 2:

15While Jesus was having dinner at Levi's house, many tax collectors and sinners were eating with him and his disciples, for there were many who followed him. 16When the teachers of the law who were Pharisees saw him eating with the sinners and tax collectors, they asked his disciples: "Why does he eat with tax collectors and sinners?" 17On hearing this, Jesus said to them, "It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners."

Christ doesn't want the perfect to come home to Him: He wants the broken, the regret-filled, the sad, the sick and the lost. I am one of these; I think you are too. Jesus loves you desperately and is calling you home! All He wants is for you to turn to Him and immerse yourself in His love and forgiveness.

If you want to know how Jesus feels about you coming home to Him, read the Parable of the Prodigal Son, which you'll find in Luke 15.

Go to a Church this week and talk to a priest. Tell him how you're feeling and about what's happened in your life, and ask him to guide you as you continue on your way. I promise you, he will NOT be shocked by anything you tell him!! All churches should have a sign outside that says, "Sinners only". Because that's what the Church is--a hospital for sinners.

About another issue in your post:

Be very, very careful about statements like "the Pope is the antichrist". I suggest you don't judge people like that.

Many, many Catholics have died, and continue to die, defending the truth of Jesus Christ. They have taken the good news of Christ around the world. The Church we love today is built with the blood of the martyrs.

There is a lot of good (a LOT) in the Catholic church, and some of the most devoted Christians I know are Catholic. And a lot of what you hear about Catholics consist of complete lies and propaganda--made up by people who don't understand Catholicism at all.

I (as you can see) am not Catholic, and I used to think Catholics weren't Christians--but now I know better. I don't ever speak a word against them, because I've seen how the Holy Spirit is at work in the lives of so, so many Catholics.

I say this in love--I hope you are not offended.

Hatchling, I would be proud to call you my sister in Christ! Come into the Church, confess your sins to the Lord, and let Him heal you. What do you have to lose?

God bless you!!

Upvote 0

Coralie

but behold, there cometh one after me
Sep 29, 2009
✟17,357.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Also--realise that confessing sins doesn't mean apologising for your children being born. God works goodness even in spite of our sins! And your children are precious in the sight of God!!

No priest would EVER be right in telling you you should "repent" of your children!! If he says that, go to another church :)

All love to you xxx

Reactions: heron
Upvote 0

Peripatetic

Restless mind, peaceful soul.
Feb 28, 2010
✟22,095.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thank you very much for posting - I"m sure it took some courage.

I have done some terrible things in my life.

Assurance #1: everyone on this board (and everyone you know) has too.

The worst of all of my sins to me, were my ...

Assurance #2: If you are sorry, ask God for forgiveness, it doesn't matter which sins in your past were big, small, or otherwise - they are all forgiven and removed. The devil wants you to look backwards... to feel condemned and guilty about past sins. God wants you to move forward and grow closer to Him. If you focus on that, you'll notice that your life is more meaningful, and less surrounded by sin.

Reactions: Coralie
Upvote 0

Peripatetic

Restless mind, peaceful soul.
Feb 28, 2010
✟22,095.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have tried looking it up on line, but some people say that I have murdered and that is an absolute unforgivable sin. Other people say that all will be forgiven if I just ask for forgivness. I realize each religion has a different stance on it, but I don't know which one I fit into!!

No Christian should tell you that a sin is unforgivable. Even the Catholic church is now on record saying that faith in God and His grace is the only thing that can save you. Good works can't earn your way to Heaven, and if you truly repent, past sins cannot prevent it.

Now, you might ask: if all sin can be forgiven, why don't people just keep doing whatever they want and ask for forgiveness later? Well, if you truly repent and let the Holy Spirit be your guide, a hedonistic life of sin would start to feel very unnatural and uncomfortable. You'll get a different perspective on life.

Upvote 0

sbbqb7n16

Veteran - Blue Bible Dude
Jan 13, 2002
Texas
Visit site
✟25,010.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Please take comfort in the following verses. Hope this helps you out!:

9. Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals,10. nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God.11. Such were some of you; but you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and in the Spirit of our God.
1 Corinthians 6:9-11 (emphasis added)

6. For while we were still helpless, at the right time Christ died for the ungodly.7. For one will hardly die for a righteous man; though perhaps for the good man someone would dare even to die.8. But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.9. Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from the wrath of God through Him.10. For if while we were enemies we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more, having been reconciled, we shall be saved by His life.
Romans 5:6-10 (emphasis added)

17. "For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him.18. "He who believes in Him is not judged; he who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
John 3:17-18

Upvote 0

Daughter of His

Believing God
Feb 1, 2004
On my computer chair
✟76,711.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
:wave: Hatchling

God loves you no matter what you have done. Once you confess your sins to God and repent; He remembers them no more. You no longer need to dwell on those things but begin your new life in Christ Jesus. He changes us from the inside out, we become a work in progress. Your children are loved by Him afterall they are His personal creation.

If you would begin reading your Bible, just a little each day He will teach you through His word. Can you read a little each day to your children too? Sometimes teaching children is a great way to learn as you will find yourself searching for answers and God will teach you. You can start in the New Testament.

I will pray that all of your efforts be blessed. For some reason you have made me smile because it seems like you have been drawn to God and that is an awesome privilege.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

wayseer

Jun 10, 2008
Maryborough, QLD, Australia
✟11,131.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Hi all,

I apologize if this is in the wrong area, I promise to take a tour of the site to see where everything after I have done this.

I recently began feeling extremely curious about God, and if I was still welcome with him.
I have done some terrible things in my life. I have lied, cheated, stolen, etc. I have been addicted to drugs, alcohol and random sex.
I have 2 children, both to different fathers ( although both were partners not just one night stands), neither one is with me now.
I have attempted suicide, I have mocked others religions and beliefs, I have judged people who I thought were below me.

The worst of all of my sins to me, were my 2 pregnancy terminations. Not for medical reasons. Although I have defended myself over this many times, I have always known it was the wrong thing to do.
I won't go too far into it, but the first I was physically and emotionally backed into a corner to go through with it, and the second I was just too messed up over the circumstances with the father (he had been sleeping with other MALES during our time together).

I am haunted everyday by what I did. I regret them 100%, especially seeing as I truely have always believed that every child has been sent to a person for a reason.

Although I have never been a church-goer, I only ever pray when something big happens and I need help, and I have lived a pretty disgraceful life for the last 10 or so years, I now feel a strange overwhelming desire to live a life that has God as a major part of it.
I believe in God, I believe that he is coming to put earth back in order, casting out all evil and starting anew.
I don't believe the pope should be idolised as he is, I actually believe he is the anti-christ. (sorry if this offends and upsets some, it's early days for all my researching so I may even change my mind about that soon)

I'm having some real trouble accepting all of my new beliefs, as it means I have to admit I made mistakes and ask to be forgiven, but those mistakes led to me having my 2 children, and I don't think I will ever be able to apologize for having them.

If anyone has any advice for me, I will happily take it on board.:confused:

My I offer ....

get into a church

recognize that everyone else in church has done 'terrible things' with their lives

that's why we go to church.

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,249.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
If you come to Christ, believe on what he did, and ask him to forgive your sins and take charge of your life, you will be forgiven for all of that and everything else you didn't tell us about. Lots of really bad people have become Christians, received forgiveness, and lived good, honorable lives that honor God. It's a life-long commitment, but it's worth it. You can be one among many who have done horrible things, but have come to God and became a good person.

Upvote 0

charita

Norwegian Member
Jan 15, 2010
Norway
✟15,165.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
God's justice, mercy and unlimited forgiveness.

God's principles of forgiveness...

Many people are troubled by the fact that they must keeping asking God for
forgiveness, and they worry that God will grow weary of their repeatedly coming
back. However God is not like that.

Jesus says, "Ask, and it shall be given you, seek and you shall find, knock and it shall
be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him
who knocks it shall be opened" (Mtt7:7-8).

In the Greek, the verbs ask, seek, and knock,
are written in such a way as to indicate, "keep on asking... keep on seeking... keep on
knocking". In this lovely statement Jesus does not specify what "it" is that we are to
keep on asking for and seeking. But surely we do not imagine that "it" excludes forgiveness
of sins, the very thing that Jesus shed his blood to accomplish (Mtt 26:28)?

I would like you to consider three simple facts about the way God reckons sin in his system
of mercy and justice. These facts help each of us to be confident that God will not turn us
away when we "come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find
grace to help in time of need" (Heb 4:14-16).

The title of this article is "Unlimited Forgiveness" not "Unconditional Forgiveness".

There are certain things that each of us must have done in faith and obedience to God,
in order that the promises in this lesson may apply.

Paul's 6 Steps to Grace:

1. Hear Christ's gospel
(Rom 10:11-17)

2. Believe in Christ
(Rom 1:16-17, 8:34)

3. Repent of sin
(Rom 2:4-5, 6:1-2)

4. Confess faith in Christ
(Rom 10:8-10)

5. Be baptized into Christ
(Rom 6:3-4, 8:1)

6. Continue in his way...to the end
(Rom 12:1-2, 12:11-12)

Provided we have done these things, then we can continue to repent and pray and believe
that God forgives us faithfully according to his wonderful promises.

God Does Not Count the Times
Peter asked Jesus how many times should he forgive his brother and he thought maybe seven
times might be a fair limit. But Jesus said "seventy times seven" which of course does not literally
mean 490 times, but rather that the number of times are not to be counted (Mtt 18:21-22).
This is our Lord's principle of forgiveness, and we may be certain that he did not bind it only
upon Peter, but also upon himself.

There is no limit on how many times you may ask forgiveness from God, even for the same repeated
sin. This should not, of course, encourage us to keep on sinning. However it should encourage us
to keep on repenting, to keep on struggling with our sin (Eph 6:10-18), and to keep on bringing
our sin to the Saviour.

David prayed, when he asked forgiveness, "Have mercy upon me O God, according to your loving
kindness, according to the multitude of your tender mercies. Blot out my transgressions. Wash
me thoroughly from my iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin" (Psa 51:1-13). In the greatness of
God's compassion, there is a "multitude of tender mercies" and no upper limit on the number of
times you can approach him for forgiveness.

God Does Not Grade Our Sins
John tells us that "if we confess our sins God is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to
cleanse us from all unrighteousness" (1Jn 1:9). The word "all" is very important in that verse
and also in verse 7. It means that whether our sins are small or great, whether few or many,
whether done once or oft-repeated, the blood of Christ can cleanse them all, every single one.

God does not have a sin categorising system where for example...

very small or occasional sin is simply overlooked or disregarded,
moderate and not-too-frequent sin is forgiven when requested,
excessive or oft-repeated misbehaviour is refused forgiveness.

That may be human justice, but it is not the way God's justice system works. God does not
grade sin according to its severity or frequency. "God is not willing that any should perish but
that all should come to repentance" (2Pe 3:9). That includes all sinners, those who sin little, and
those who sin much.

God Keeps No Record of Our Wrongs
Paul tells us that love "thinks no evil" and the Greek here can be translated a little more strongly
as "reckons not evil" (1Co 13:4-5). Since this is God's principle of love he practises it himself.
When he forgives our wrongs he keeps no record of them.

When Jesus saves us, our "names are written in the Lamb's book of life" (Rev 21:27 Php 4:3).
Do we suppose that against our names God has recorded all our sins? No, rather...
they are "blotted out" (Acts 3:19, Psa 51:1),
and God will "remember no more" the sins he has forgiven (Heb 8:12, Jer 31:31-34).

Conclusion
Jesus says, "He who comes to me I will not at all cast out" (Jn 6:37). Our problem in coming
to the Lord to obtain forgiveness is not that we have too much sin for him to forgive, but
that we have too little faith that he will forgive it. That's because we tend to measure God's
mercy and justice by a human measure.

God does not do things by human standards and limitations.
He has his own way. So let us listen again and again to his promises and just take
him at his word. And when his word shows us that we are forgiven, let us trust his word, not
our own guilty feelings. When we do that, our feelings will begin to change, and instead of guilt we
will have "the peace of God which transcends all understanding" (Php 4:6-9). Not only will we
have confidence that God has forgiven us, but we will also be able to forgive ourselves.

Upvote 0

heymikey80

Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum viditur
Dec 18, 2005
✟34,309.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Don't. Only rely on God to get you through this.

If God's God -- He can most certainly get you through this.

The thought that some action can be so horrific as to turn off God -- that's not what God is looking to do. I want to point this out, because it's so profound to me, that when God actually redeems you (and you know He can), God is showing His true Nature so much better than anything else.

God's good. God has made a way for us, outside the legal wranglings of, "Is this good enough? Is that so bad I won't make it?"

It's by relying on Jesus Christ.

Read Ezekiel 18. It's paralleled in Ezekiel 33.

And it gets even better: Romans 3:21-4:5. These guys say it better than I ever could.

We're all in the same boat with you. Learn that God's favoring you. And rely on that favor, that desire of His to get you through this. When you do: we'll be here welcoming you to Christ's family. Because we're no better (cf Rom 3:9-19).

Upvote 0

UnionJack

Veteran
Nov 18, 2009
Toronto
✟16,974.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Murder is not an unforgivable sin.

The Bible tell us God forgave men who killed and persecuted Christians and did false teachings, and were forgiven.

HOWEVER,
UNLIKE WHAT OTHERS HAVE SAID, THERE IS SUCH THING AS AN UNFORGIVABLE SIN.

This comes straight from the Bible.
MATTHEW 12: 31-32 "Therefore I say to you, any sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven men, but blasphemy against the Spirit shall not be forgiven. And whoever shall speak a word against the Son of Man, it shall be forgiven him; but whoever shall speak against the Holy Spirit, it shall not be forgiven him, either in this age, or in the age to come".

As you can see this is much different than murder, which is an offense against man. Therefore it is forgivable.

If you want to turn your life around, say the salvation prayer. Here is a good one i found:

Dear God,
I know that I have done many sinful deeds. I know that no one can be justified before You by keeping commandments or doing good works because no one can be perfect. I believe that You came to Earth as a man, Jesus Christ. I believe Jesus took upon Himself the sins of the whole world when He was crucified and physically died on a cruel cross at Calvary. I believe Jesus Christ was buried. I believe in my heart that on the third day You, God, physically raised Jesus bodily from the dead. I believe Jesus ascended to Heaven and sat down at Your right hand where He reigns as my Advocate.
I believe that You, God the Father, Jesus Christ the Son and the Holy Spirit are one God. I thank Jesus for taking away my sins forever. I believe Jesus Christ is my Lord and Savior. I believe You will send the Holy Spirit to live within me. I believe I am born again in the Spirit and will now have eternal life with You. Thank You, God, for forgiving me and giving me everlasting life.
In the name of Jesus Christ I pray, Amen.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

oi_antz

Opposed to Untruth.
Apr 26, 2010
New Zealand
✟7,997.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Each person who humbles their self to God will get the greatest reward, you are well on the path to gaining salvation (in fact it sounds like you have already found your faith in Christ - you are saved!).

The antichrist is a spirit of evil which turns our hearts against Christ so that we cannot believe he is the son of God. It even goes so far to deny that Jesus ever lived! I've been quite affectionate with that spirit in the past and it CAN cost your salvation! We all get possessed by that spirit when we turn away from the gospel - basically when you are given the gospel message you decide to believe in Christ or the antichrist. They CAN co-exist but who in their right mind would take a risk like that? Cast it out in Jesus' name if you haven't already.

Next you need to be sure you're hearing God's voice when you read His Word. Scholarly studies won't profit you if you don't have faith that God is speaking. The mind is the spiritual battleground and there is a REAL enemy who will fight the hardest to turn your ears dull.

So what I suggest you do next is sit down with patience and pray earnestly to God, knowing that He is the One absolute power who cannot be conquered, and He is just waiting for you to invite Him into your life FOR REAL. Pray with your most earnest heart that He will grant the gift of knowing the truth in the Bible.

Remember this: In the beginning was the Word (The Bible we have today) and the Word was with God (The father, creator, definition of Love), and the Word WAS God!

Understand what this means: God has taken on the form of WORD in our place so that we may come to know Him by coming to hear His voice there.

Now know this: that when you read such a divine document, your mind is stimulated to hear messages of a spiritual nature, and we all know there are two distinct spiritual forces: good and evil.

Which one you want to be on side with is a no-brainer, it's not a matter of making sense of the document with your brain!

It takes some discernment at first to hear God's voice, but when you are ready you will not be able to mistake it because you and I and every other person on this planet knows what Love is. If the message you are getting is not consistent with Love as you would expect it from God, you are not hearing God, you are probably hearing your ego or an evil spirit.

Repentance is the matter of being aware of your mind and repenting (turning away, rebuking, casting off in Jesus' name) the evil thoughts you will get. Most Christians will tell you the enemy never dies (and won't until Jesus returns), but when you commend your life to God Jesus steps in and rebukes them while you gain your strength.

Finally, there are three covenants in Christianity, you are not obliged to follow them unless God lays it upon your heart to do so, the mere fact that you believe in Christ as the son of God and The Way, Truth and Life, has redeemed you already and the mere fact you are humble enough to face up to your sins has pardoned you already. Be assured of that because Jesus loves us sooo much He DID in fact die and suffer Hell for your sins 2,000 years before you were born - and His spirit is alive today so you can come to know Him like I have!

The steps you should take: baptism, ask Jesus into your life (that's important!), take bread and wine in remembrance ACCORDING TO THE INSTRUCTIONS GIVEN TO YOUR HEART BY GOD.

Ask your local priest for help with those covenants and be very wary of evil spirits because you can be assured they are out to drag you back into sin.

Remember what I have told you about sin and repentance: do not be obsessed with trying to correct your life, God will suggest correction when you are ready. Just be mindful about the thoughts you have and careful not to dwell on evil thoughts but rebuke them immediately and the evil spirits will have to depart - Jesus has defeated them!

Above all else, bring yourself into the presence of God (we all know how to do that even if we've never done it before!), and ask Him solemnly to bless you with sight to know the truth because until that gift is granted, you'll not be able to read the book and hear God's voice - you'll be restricted to working it out in theory - that is not the way God speaks!

As for your guilt over the lives of your unborn: just know that God's ways are mightier than life itself! Jesus actually prayed for each redeemed soul when He lived in the flesh - long before you or I were conceived in the womb!

Finally: Praise God for all He has done for you! He went a long way to bring the Humans back to Heaven :clap::clap::clap:

Upvote 0

oi_antz

Opposed to Untruth.
Apr 26, 2010
New Zealand
✟7,997.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
"He DID in fact die and suffer Hell for your sins 2,000 years before you were born" - I don't know what to believe about the future but now I believe that was me suffering in sin before the spiritual baptism and I can't remember it but meh, beliefs in the best intention are invoked by goodness of spirit.

Upvote 0

oi_antz

Opposed to Untruth.
Apr 26, 2010
New Zealand
✟7,997.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
"all evil is banished" - I should say it vanished haha ;) and I revoke my greatest want for anything that God never wanted for me! You don't need to tell me to shut my gob either because in only in your self Our Lord do we fully trust ;) And don't forget everyone that nasty visions of the antichrist are girdled with the finest visions of love in my eyes - what you make of it is really up to you!

Upvote 0