ITS TIME WE TALK THOSE WHO ARE JEWISH BUT NOT CLASSED JEWISH IE DADS MUM

Oct 8, 2012
✟21,363.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
This is a thread for support and encouragement for of us either told we were Jewish with little to very little evidence (in my case there was no Hebrew names nor records but My Grandma (my Dads mum) was told she was Jewish , her mother came from and lived a very Jewish community might of been London in England I forget England tho and another little piece of Evidence plus I have a photo too) or Evidence maybe records? but apparently according to most Messianic congregations 'were not jewish' I was hoping messianics would give more support

I wont say what I feel but its left us and if you include yourself in this (reading) with ALooooooooot of questions. I am bringing this towards God and I hope you do too that he will Change open doors anything is possible with our God. Just because Messianics have made Aliyah or fit the 'jewish' doesn't mean its an easy road for those of us like myself. Why would move to Irael as a non jew I know im jewish.
Funnily enough I enjoying learning Hebrew I didn't before
Please by all means share your stories, would love to hear how you found out you mums dad or Dads Mum was Jewish /whatever but youre not "clased a jewish person"

I ask you to pray for us. Help ease my pain.

Reactions: DennisTate

ChavaK

להיות טוב ולעשות טוב
May 12, 2005
US
✟158,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Perhaps you can explain why you feel it important to be Jewish?

Trying to understand why you have this pain.If you have no connection to traditional Judaism or community or people (I'm making that assumption) why is it important to be considered a part of it?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

danny ski

Jan 13, 2013
✟34,912.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Private

Trying to understand why you have this pain.If you have no connection to the traditional Judaism or community or people (I'm making that assumption) why is it important to be considered a part of it?
^^^^ This. Plus, if you feel such a sense of (unsubstantiated) loss, there are ways of remedying the situation. You're not the first nor the last "Jew" who finds herself/himself in that position. The solution is a phonecall away. Literally.

Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟281,635.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
This is a thread for support and encouragement for of us either told we were Jewish with little to very little evidence (in my case there was no Hebrew names nor records but My Grandma (my Dads mum) was told she was Jewish , her mother came from and lived a very Jewish community might of been London in England I forget England tho and another little piece of Evidence plus I have a photo too) or Evidence maybe records? but apparently according to most Messianic congregations 'were not jewish' I was hoping messianics would give more support

I wont say what I feel but its left us and if you include yourself in this (reading) with ALooooooooot of questions. I am bringing this towards God and I hope you do too that he will Change open doors anything is possible with our God. Just because Messianics have made Aliyah or fit the 'jewish' doesn't mean its an easy road for those of us like myself. Why would move to Irael as a non jew I know im jewish.
Funnily enough I enjoying learning Hebrew I didn't before
Please by all means share your stories, would love to hear how you found out you mums dad or Dads Mum was Jewish /whatever but youre not "clased a jewish person"

I ask you to pray for us. Help ease my pain.

My mom was born Jewish, but she became a Christians in her 20's, which to some means that she was no longer Jewish. I didn't grow up culturally Jewish, so it is hard for me to identify as being Jewish even though I might technically be Jewish depending on how you reckon it. But what of it? It makes no difference to me either way. If you're a Gentile, you shouldn't desire to be a Jew and if you're a Jew, you shouldn't desire to be a Gentile, but rather you should desire to be the way that God made you and to fulfill the purposes that God made you for.

Upvote 0

Heber Book List

Theologian [Applied Theology]
Jul 1, 2015
Whippingham, Isle of Wight, England
✟132,416.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
There is some evidence that my patriarchal grandmother was a Jew but, as we have no information on her parents or grandparents, we cannot trace it back any further. Unfortunately, we children didn't know about the links until after our parents died and all we now have is some reasonable, but fairly inconclusive evidence. We believe our patriarchal grandmother came to the UK from Europe as a very young girl - but as we cannot prove it with hard evidence we just have to live with it until, and unless, any further evidence appears. My matriarchal grandmother and grandfather were not Jews. It is as it is and we do not worry about it, as there is no point to that. We live as we are, until proven different: Gentiles.

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives

Trying to understand why you have this pain.If you have no connection to traditional Judaism or community or people (I'm making that assumption) why is it important to be considered a part of it?

Good question!

I don't mind one bit if I only have perhaps one percent Jewish or lost tribe of Israel DNA but.....

my wife can apply for her Israeli citizenship based partly on her mother's last name at birth.....
Alvarado.

In the year 2000..... six months before she even met me....my wife was told somehow that I was
going to be her husband.............

Since I know that she is partly Jewish......
it seems logical for me to suspect that there might be some
Jewish DNA in me as well????

Upvote 0

ChavaK

להיות טוב ולעשות טוב
May 12, 2005
US
✟158,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Good question!
my wife can apply for her Israeli citizenship based partly on her mother's last name at birth.....
Alvarado.
Well, I think it's a little more complex than that. You need proof of a least one Jewish grandparent.
I don't think names by themselves are acceptable. Especially Alvarado, that's pretty common.

In the year 2000..... six months before she even met me....my wife was told somehow that I was
going to be her husband.............
How interesting!

I'm not following the logic of this? Anyway, I would not be surprised if more than a small percentage of people have
some kind of distant Jewish ancestry.

Upvote 0

xDenax

Jewish
Jul 20, 2009
United States
✟13,510.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Good question!

Are you assuming that since your wife is Jewish, God wouldn't ask her to marry you unless you were also Jewish? Also, what does the last name Alvarado have to do with Israeli citizenship?

Reactions: ChavaK
Upvote 0

Heber Book List

Theologian [Applied Theology]
Jul 1, 2015
Whippingham, Isle of Wight, England
✟132,416.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Since being Jewish is the new cool thing to be, I mean, look at the cool new accessories you get to wear, I am curious how far people are willing to take it. It is one thing to be on the internet or street corner proclaiming your newfound belief system but when the next “roundup” occurs, will you be yelling and chasing after the truck and trains yelling “take me, take me!! You forgot me!!” Or will you be sitting quietly at home with your baptism records, conformation papers, marriage certificate, Church Deacon badge and tithe records ready to go when the knock comes to your door?

Excellent point but... to be fair, there are millions of so-called Christians out there who would not even have those things, but would claim to be devout church-goers, until persecution comes!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟281,635.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Since being Jewish is the new cool thing to be, I mean, look at the cool new accessories you get to wear, I am curious how far people are willing to take it. It is one thing to be on the internet or street corner proclaiming your newfound belief system but when the next “roundup” occurs, will you be yelling and chasing after the truck and trains yelling “take me, take me!! You forgot me!!” Or will you be sitting quietly at home with your baptism records, conformation papers, marriage certificate, Church Deacon badge and tithe records ready to go when the knock comes to your door?

I think having an accurate understanding of the Jewish cultural context of the Bible and of who you are in relation to God is much more important than identifying as a Jew or a Gentile. I don't being a Jew means that you have to chase after persecution and furthermore I don't think that was what Jews were running around doing during WWII.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ChavaK

להיות טוב ולעשות טוב
May 12, 2005
US
✟158,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Sorry you don't want to continue the discussion, I would have liked to know why you feel it important to be considered a Jew.
And since Messianics consider themselves to be "A" Judaism, it's kind of hard to separate out the Judaism part :)

You did receive replies from Soyeong, Heber and Dennis although it seems like only Soyeong would be considered Jewish at a Messianic congregation.
I think he gave the best answer.
There may not be enough people here with Jewish heritage to be able to answer your questions.

Last edited:
Upvote 0