It's not because they are Muslim

sdowney717

Apr 20, 2013
✟102,588.00
Faith
Christian
Well that's the Isis view.
There are other Islamic ones, both more widely held and longer established. Which differ, firmly.
Without some very clear supporting argument it would seem to be on a par with saying
"True Christians handle poisonous snakes during their services"
or
"All Protestant men wear bowler hats and orange sashes."
If I was Islamic, then I would desire to do the things Muhammad said to do.
There are other Islamic ones, both more widely held and longer established. Which differ, firmly.
Without some very clear supporting argument it would seem to be on a par with saying
or
Over many years, I have made friends with many muslims, some sunni, some shia, and frankly, most were not well educated in sharia, the hadiths, the quran. The first ones I met were Iranians and palestinians at university right around the time of the Iran revolution.
ISIS is faithfully following the religion as described in the book and the ones I knew are not. ISIS would kill them all as apostates.

I have a friend with a boat next to mine, and he is Egyptian sunni. Friendly fellow, he is actually very much agreeing with american values. He is of course apostate but wont ever admit to it, and I wont talk like that with him either.

Upvote 0

JGG

Mar 12, 2006
✟58,445.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Liberalism is not the love of Christ. The love of Christ is far greater then tolerating someone's viewpoint even if it is wrong.

He's right. The love of Christ is loving yourself so much that you know other people's view points are wrong.

Reactions: bhsmte
Upvote 0

JGG

Mar 12, 2006
✟58,445.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Nope not ISIS, why would I want to follow a lie?

But you keep saying that Muslims should join ISIS and become terrorists? If you're not with ISIS, why are you supporting their cause?

Wait, are you saying that Muhammed strictly forbids terrorism?

Upvote 0

Chris B

Old Newbie
Feb 15, 2015
UK
✟12,424.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
ISIS is faithfully following the religion as described in the book and the ones I knew are not. ISIS would kill them all as apostates.

It's quite obvious what you are doing, and if a Muslim, atheist or anyone else took the same technique to the bible, then you'd be screaming "unfair and illegitimate".
One might start with Mark 16:15-19.

Chris.

Reactions: Armoured
Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If I was Islamic, then I would desire to do the things Muhammad said to do.

Over many years, I have made friends with many muslims, some sunni, some shia, and frankly, most were not well educated in sharia, the hadiths, the quran.

I have made many Christian friends that are equally ignorant about their claimed faith.

Upvote 0

Smidlee

Veteran
May 21, 2004
NC, USA
✟21,162.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
or
I didn't know Jesus or his disciples did anything of those things.

It's quite obvious what you are doing, and if a Muslim, atheist or anyone else took the same technique to the bible, then you'd be screaming "unfair and illegitimate".
One might start with Mark 16:15-19.

Chris.
All those signs in Mark 16:15-19 have already been fulfilled as noted in verse 20.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Chris B

Old Newbie
Feb 15, 2015
UK
✟12,424.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I didn't know Jesus or his disciples did anything of those things.

All those signs in Mark 16:15-19 have already been fulfilled as noted in verse 20.

Ah, but you are allowing yourself (quite legitimately from *my* point of view) some context and some thought in order to understand the verses.
But the same is not being allowed for Muslims and the Quran in sdowney 717's arriving at (from the outside) his "true Islam is ISIS" conclusion.

Reactions: Oafman
Upvote 0

Smidlee

Veteran
May 21, 2004
NC, USA
✟21,162.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Ah, but you are allowing yourself (quite legitimately from *my* point of view) some context and some thought in order to understand the verses.
But the same is not being allowed for Muslims and the Quran in sdowney 717's arriving at (from the outside) his "true Islam is ISIS" conclusion.
So you think ISIS is taking verses of the Quran out of context?

Reactions: PapaZoom
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

PapaZoom

Nov 3, 2013
car
✟59,306.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
So you think ISIS is taking verses of the Quran out of context?
I heard recently that the leader of ISIS has a PhD in Islamic Studies. Not that that alone makes the case, but it does seem to at least suggest that he understands Islam pretty well.

Upvote 0

JGG

Mar 12, 2006
✟58,445.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
I heard recently that the leader of ISIS has a PhD in Islamic Studies. Not that that alone makes the case, but it does seem to at least suggest that he understands Islam pretty well.

He probably got it at Phoenix Online University.

Upvote 0

Smidlee

Veteran
May 21, 2004
NC, USA
✟21,162.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
We do know that Obama has taking Quran verses out of context.
To quote President Obama’s words in Cairo, “The Holy Quran teaches that whoever kills an innocent, it is as if he has killed all mankind; and whoever saves a person, it is as if he has saved all mankind.”

http://www.wnd.com/2015/11/the-shocking-truth-about-oft-quoted-quran-verse/
He left out the beginning of that verse as well as the next verse. That part were for the children of Israel.
Here David gives more examples of people misquoting the same verse in Quran

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GillDouglas

Reformed Christian
Dec 21, 2013
USA
Visit site
✟29,425.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
We Christians may say that the teachings of the Islamic faith are false doctrine, I am not arguing that point. I do not embrace the Muslim beliefs in any way, but I will not go against my own beliefs by condemning them to Hell. What good will I do by being unloving, uncaring or even unconcerned towards another? Little good in my opinion, so I will do my best to approach all people with love, as difficult as that can be, purely out of fear for their salvation. If just one individual can be saved by my actions, it's worth it!!

Reactions: rambot
Upvote 0

JGG

Mar 12, 2006
✟58,445.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
We Christians may say that the teachings of the Islamic faith are false doctrine, I am not arguing that point. I do not embrace the Muslim beliefs in any way, but I will not go against my own beliefs by condemning them to Hell. What good will I do by being unloving, uncaring or even unconcerned towards another? Little good in my opinion, so I will do my best to approach all people with love, as difficult as that can be, purely out of fear for their salvation. If just one individual can be saved by my actions, it's worth it!!

Have you considered that if you hate them enough, they may just get so uncomfortable, and have such fear for their lives that they will just convert? This is a very popular way to convert people with the kids these days that I think you may have overlooked.

Upvote 0

Smidlee

Veteran
May 21, 2004
NC, USA
✟21,162.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Have you considered that if you hate them enough, they may just get so uncomfortable that they will convert? This is a very popular way to convert people with the kids these days that I think you may have overlooked.
Probably the largest number of people turning to God at one time in the OT was Jonah who hated Nineveh. He preached nothing but judgement to them.

Upvote 0

farout

Standing firm for Christ
Nov 23, 2015
Mid West of the good USA
✟14,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
This is like saying during WW2 we demonize Germans since we went to war with them while only 7% were actually Nazi. It's was impossible to separate Germans from the Nazis so we had to bomb the nation as a whole.

Where did you get the facts that "only 7% were actually Nazi"? I think those who were in those death camps could speak they would cry out something much differently. Many of our fathers and grand fathers would certainly disagree with your statement. Please clarify what you meant, as it comes across that only 7% of all the German fighting force was genuine Nazi.

Upvote 0

Smidlee

Veteran
May 21, 2004
NC, USA
✟21,162.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Where did you get the facts that "only 7% were actually Nazi"? I think those who were in those death camps could speak they would cry out something much differently. Many of our fathers and grand fathers would certainly disagree with your statement. Please clarify what you meant, as it comes across that only 7% of all the German fighting force was genuine Nazi.
I don't remember exactly when I heard this but I do remember the point that only a few percentage of people that's in power are required to move a whole nation especially an army that is trained to follow orders.

Upvote 0